Mikko Lehtonen (TPS)
Niklas Tikkinen (Blues)
Petteri Lindbohm (Jokerit)
Juuso Riikola (KalPa)

Forwards:
Teuvo Teräväinen (Jokerit)
Kalle Torniainen (HIFK)
Henri Ikonen (KalPa)

Probably missing some noteworthy players and there will be surprises once the season starts, but this is the best that I can do at the moment. Apparently it’s not a very good year for Finnish goalies, but I listed 4 draft eligible goalies that might or might not get some ice time in Jr.A and therefore be candidates for the WU18C’s. Defence looks fairly good. Not that many forwards that I can think of.
Cool, thanks. I was just looking that if there's anybody i know (Yeah i'm born in '94)

Though i know two '95 born hockey players but i dont know will they be drafted(in 2013)

Old
08-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Out of Forwards Rasmus Hämäläinen and Ville Ahlgren came in to mind, both already made an impact in jr. A last year offensively. Hämäläinen socred 9 goals in 24 games and Ahlgren had 11+10 in 28 games
Ahlgren probably isn't the most obvious NHL prospect, he’s smallish, not overly physical and his skill set isn’t that exceptional. Hämäläinen hasn’t stood out that much in my eyes, but maybe he’s worth a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Donskoi- Mi. Granlund - Pulkkinen, you go with the guys who have played together in a tournament before, that would be logical. The rest of lines I'm not guessing until it's certain which players are on the final team, though I'm leaning heavily towards a second line of Salomäki - other G - Armia.
Having those two lines work together again would have it advantages, but I’m not sure if it’s the most logical option. Donskoi for example might be better utilized in a more primary role, not as a supporting player or a third wheel like at the WU18C’s.

I’m not sure if the S-G-A line really clicked at the WU18C’s. Helminen seems to be looking for other options as well since he didn’t use that line at the Summer Challenge, although he had a perfectly good chance to do so.

It’s possible that neither of us is even close to the future line combos, but as I’ve mentioned before I’d like to see a strong presence in all the top-3 lines. Having Pulkkinen, Mi.Granlund and Donskoi on different lines would ensure that the leadership is distributed evenly which could be a major asset in difficult situations. Every line would have someone to lead the way and show example.

Quote:
Pulkkinen isn't completely the only plamaker in his line with Jokerit, Kerälä showed that he does know how to pass the puck.
I didn’t deny that, but it’s clear that Pulkinen can run the power play, either from the side or from the point. At the same time he has the option to use his slapper from further away or sneak in for a one timer or a rebound. You can set up a working power play around him pretty easily at this level.

Quote:
Besides, it's early August, who knows if Pulkinen's weaknesses will still be prevalent in December? I mean, based on some posts, Mikael Granlund will have ascended to heaven by then at least...
There are limits to how much players like Mikke or Pulu can develop from now. They are established pro players, and their physical features, personalities and learned preferences set a barrier that is hard to overcome. I was a bit disappointed with how Pulkkinen and Donskoi looked after the summer, didn’t notice notable improvements in their game. What they gain from now on could mostly be just experience.

Old
08-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Having those two lines work together again would have it advantages, but I’m not sure if it’s the most logical option. Donskoi for example might be better utilized in a more primary role, not as a supporting player or a third wheel like at the WU18C’s.

I’m not sure if the S-G-A line really clicked at the WU18C’s. Helminen seems to be looking for other options as well since he didn’t use that line at the Summer Challenge, although he had a perfectly good chance to do so.

There are limits to how much players like Mikke or Pulu can develop from now. They are established pro players, and their physical features, personalities and learned preferences set a barrier that is hard to overcome. I was a bit disappointed with how Pulkkinen and Donskoi looked after the summer, didn’t notice notable improvements in their game. What they gain from now on could mostly be just experience.
The absence of St. Mikael probably forced him to try other line combos, without any good results. Might be that Helminen is our biggest question mark, this is the first time he's the head coach. Has he even completed any of the hockey federation's courses?

I wouldn't put too much weight into what they looked like now, both had been on the ice for less than a week before they left for the tournament. I don' think young guys like these can do much development during the mandatory holiday period other than strength and conditioning (plus shooting from vaneri).

Old
08-18-2011, 09:15 AM
cheerupmurray

Swede here that come in peace.

My question is are we to expect a new wave of finns entering NHL within a few years?

It's been my impression that Finland is starting to produce prospects of better quality lately. Besides Vatanen, Pulkkinen, Mikael Granlund and Armia there also seems to be a couple of other guys with some NHL-potential in the 1990-1993 agegroups (Donskoi and Hartikainen for example). Both the 1994's and 1995's seem to have some highend guys, especially d-men which Finland is in dire need of (considering there only 5-6 finnish d-men in NHL right now, and Lydman, Timonen and Salo isn't young). The 2011-draft must have been considered some kind of a success and the 2012 and 2013-draft looks even better, or am I wrong? (Five players in the two first round 2011 hasn't happened since the great 2002 draft)

Are the finnish development system back on track after a couple of not so good years (2007-draft for example)?

Old
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Swede here that come in peace.

My question is are we to expect a new wave of finns entering NHL within a few years?

It's been my impression that Finland is starting to produce prospects of better quality lately. Besides Vatanen, Pulkkinen, Mikael Granlund and Armia there also seems to be a couple of other guys with some NHL-potential in the 1990-1993 agegroups (Donskoi and Hartikainen for example). Both the 1994's and 1995's seem to have some highend guys, especially d-men which Finland is in dire need of (considering there only 5-6 finnish d-men in NHL right now, and Lydman, Timonen and Salo isn't young). The 2011-draft must have been considered some kind of a success and the 2012 and 2013-draft looks even better, or am I wrong? (Five players in the two first round 2011 hasn't happened since the great 2002 draft)

Are the finnish development system back on track after a couple of not so good years (2007-draft for example)?
Yeah, The level of FEL and junior leagues dropped alot from year 2002, Juniors who were promoted played only at 3rd-4th line and they were nearly 20years old or older and there was no room for skill players especially for young ones. There was old veterans and grinders, or players who couldn't crack into NHL, lost hopes i would say. Sweden had same problem aswell. I don't think that Finland will reach sweden in a while. 2013 draft seems to be one of the best or even the best age group from finland ever but sweden are very consistent. I really hope that Barkov will work his skating, i think he has decent chance to crack into top 5 or even top 3. We could have 2 first rounders this year and 2-4 first rounders in 2013. I know nothing about 2014 draft.

Old
08-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Might be that Helminen is our biggest question mark, this is the first time he's the head coach.
Helminen is one of the question marks surrounding this team, but it’s not all bad. He’s got a bus load of experience from international tournaments and presumably a great hockey mind. Rather him than some total has been who doesn’t have anything left to offer to hockey. Last year the results from Summer Challenge were equally bad although our defensive core was better. I’d say that this team is on schedule and will be better at the WJC’s. It just remains to be seen if that’s enough to advance from a preliminary group that has Canada, USA and Czech Republic in it.

Quote:
I wouldn't put too much weight into what they looked like now, both had been on the ice for less than a week before they left for the tournament.
Maybe, but that doesn’t change the fact that some players had improved from last season, whereas some had not. Both Pulkkinen and Donskoi had difficulties with same things as before, even though on average they were now facing younger players than before.

Old
08-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Not sure if we can speak about a wave, but there’ll probably be a few youngsters entering NHL in the near future with a chance of becoming regulars. My favourites from 91’s to 95’s at the moment, I didn’t include goalies:

1. C/W - Mikael Granlund (-92) – After the way he played at the WC’s there’s only one step left for him to take, and it’s to move to North America and give it a try. Would be nice if he’d be a bit faster, but otherwise it’s hard to find anything to complain about.

2. CE - Aleksandr Barkov (-95) – Hasn’t played for Finland in an IIHF sanctioned tournament yet, so hopefully Russia doesn’t steal him. Well-rounded centre forward with a good frame and skill set. The lack of high end skating ability and his young age are the only factors that add some uncertainty in my mind.

3. RW - Joel Armia (-93) – Has size, hands, hockey sense and scoring ability to be an offensive threat even at NHL level, but it might be a scoring role or nothing for him. Due to his size and slightly limiting lower body coordination he won’t be the most active player on the ice.

4. D – Olli Määttä (-94) – A rarity in Finnish hockey; a good all-around defenseman. Still a bit rough around the edges, but under the right coaching he should develop into a good one. Hopefully the move to OHL wasn’t a bad decision.

5. D – Rasmus Ristolainen (-94) – Big, athletically gifted defenseman. Has a lot of upside, but at this point it could still go either way.

6. W/C – Teuvo Teräväinen (-94) – A highly skilled player who could develop into a top-6 forward if he grows some height, develops his physique and becomes slightly more engaged in all aspects of the game.

7. C/W – Miikka Salomäki (-93) – Not the most talented player out there and maybe I’m overestimating his chances, but I have a feeling that he’s prepared to go through a brick wall if that’s what it takes to advance in hockey.

8. D - Sami Vatanen (-91) – Skating and offensive talent are adequate for NHL, but he’s smallish and awfully scrawny for a defenseman. It’s clear that he’ll never have the ability to pin a big power forward to the wall. Hopefully he can improve his strength level enough for it not to be too big of a hindrance.

9. RW – Teemu Pulkkinen (-92) – Offensively gifted winger with a major slapper. His ability to be a competitive player in a NA rink is a concern due to his weakness in situations which require contact and ability to battle for the puck. As a smallish player he should be more elusive and better at pulling away from opponents.

10. LW – Joonas Donskoi (-92) – Energetic winger with a fairly nice skill level. A good player in SM-liiga, but in order to improve his chances of someday playing in the NHL he needs to develop his team work ability, ability to play the body, straight line skating speed and shot.

I haven’t seen Torniainen yet this season, so I wasn’t sure if he belonged to the list or not. In addition some of the 95-born players were too much of a mystery to be included at this point.

Quote:
There were years when you heard comments from youth tournaments stating that the Finns didn’t have a single skilled player on their team. In this sense the situation has improved.

Old
08-19-2011, 06:11 AM
thomast

Quote:
Not sure if we can speak about a wave, but there’ll probably be a few youngsters entering NHL in the near future with a chance of becoming regulars. My favourites from 91’s to 95’s at the moment, I didn’t include goalies:

1. C/W - Mikael Granlund (-92) – After the way he played at the WC’s there’s only one step left for him to take, and it’s to move to North America and give it a try. Would be nice if he’d be a bit faster, but otherwise it’s hard to find anything to complain about.

2. CE - Aleksandr Barkov (-95) – Hasn’t played for Finland in an IIHF sanctioned tournament yet, so hopefully Russia doesn’t steal him. Well-rounded centre forward with a good frame and skill set. The lack of high end skating ability and his young age are the only factors that add some uncertainty in my mind.

3. RW - Joel Armia (-93) – Has size, hands, hockey sense and scoring ability to be an offensive threat even at NHL level, but it might be a scoring role or nothing for him. Due to his size and slightly limiting lower body coordination he won’t be the most active player on the ice.

4. D – Olli Määttä (-94) – A rarity in Finnish hockey; a good all-around defenseman. Still a bit rough around the edges, but under the right coaching he should develop into a good one. Hopefully the move to OHL wasn’t a bad decision.

5. D – Rasmus Ristolainen (-94) – Big, athletically gifted defenseman. Has a lot of upside, but at this point it could still go either way.

6. W/C – Teuvo Teräväinen (-94) – A highly skilled player who could develop into a top-6 forward if he grows some height, develops his physique and becomes slightly more engaged in all aspects of the game.

7. C/W – Miikka Salomäki (-93) – Not the most talented player out there and maybe I’m overestimating his chances, but I have a feeling that he’s prepared to go through a brick wall if that’s what it takes to advance in hockey.

8. D - Sami Vatanen (-91) – Skating and offensive talent are adequate for NHL, but he’s smallish and awfully scrawny for a defenseman. It’s clear that he’ll never have the ability to pin a big power forward to the wall. Hopefully he can improve his strength level enough for it not to be too big of a hindrance.

9. RW – Teemu Pulkkinen (-92) – Offensively gifted winger with a major slapper. His ability to be a competitive player in a NA rink is a concern due to his weakness in situations which require contact and ability to battle for the puck. As a smallish player he should be more elusive and better at pulling away from opponents.

10. LW – Joonas Donskoi (-92) – Energetic winger with a fairly nice skill level. A good player in SM-liiga, but in order to improve his chances of someday playing in the NHL he needs to develop his team work ability, ability to play the body, straight line skating speed and shot.

I haven’t seen Torniainen yet this season, so I wasn’t sure if he belonged to the list or not. In addition some of the 95-born players were too much of a mystery to be included at this point.

There were years when you heard comments from youth tournaments stating that the Finns didn’t have a single skilled player on their team. In this sense the situation has improved.
I would consider Ville Pokka in that list, i would rank Määttä higher than Armia. Määttä is very consistent and his performance is on high/good level every game. Armia is very inconsistent. Otherwise i agree with your list.

Old
08-19-2011, 06:25 AM
ChadS

Pulkkinen will definitely try to give it a go in a season or two, but it's a completely different case whether he makes it or not. I hope a year or two in the AHL will develop his game to be more complete. And with the Wings you're going to have to be able to play a two-way game.

Teräväinen is going to make his men's debut tomorrow against Djurgården on the third line with Jani Rita and Riku Hahl.

Btw, goalie Frans Tuohimaa(-91, Oilers 7th round 2011) looked great yesterday in his first mens game. He's a late-bloomer to keep your eye on this season, probably splitting time between Kiekko-Vantaa and Jokerit.

Last edited by ChadS: 08-19-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old
08-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
I would consider Ville Pokka in that list, i would rank Määttä higher than Armia. Määttä is very consistent and his performance is on high/good level every game. Armia is very inconsistent. Otherwise i agree with your list.
I think Pokka has a good chance of developing into a successful defenseman for European rinks, but his heavy skating might be a big problem if thinking about North America. Will have to follow how he develops from now on.

Nothing wrong with having Määttä above Armia, but personally I still have Armia higher. He’s an established pro with some nice qualities. I think there’s still more uncertainty in Määttä’s future, one of them being how he adapts to the OHL. After this season I could naturally be thinking differently.

Armia’s scoring was inconsistent last season, but otherwise I think he performed fairly evenly for his age. It’s true that he can be fairly unnoticeable for quite long periods of time, but it’s not necessarily a big problem as long as his scoring chances are as dangerous as they often are. There’s room for improvement, but let’s see what happens when he gains more experience and becomes stronger.

Old
08-19-2011, 07:56 PM
wings5

Disappointing Rajala has fallen off so much.

Old
08-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Hockeyfrilla

International Scouting Services: Top prospect showings at the Ivan Hlinka tournament

Quote:
Aleksandr Barkov, Finland - Amazing that a 1995-born player can be so dominant on almost every shift playing against an age group above his own. We have got used to undersized Finnish forward prospects who have ridiculous technical skill packages, but not only does Barkov have the skill package, he also has the size. He is extremely instinctual and always seems to make plays that leave you wondering how he did it. As if the offensive wow factor wasn't enough, Barkov also showed off some good two-way desire and all-situations ability. When your top offensive playmaker is blocking shots on the penalty kill, you've got something special.
Quote:
Rasmus Ristolainen, Finland - One simply cannot say enough about the potential this kid has. He’s a big, intelligent and instinctual defender who does his job, no matter what it is. He can bring flashes of smooth offensive play and quarterback ability, but is consistent in his positional defensive play. A late ‘94 birthday, Ristolainen isn't eligible to play in this tournament again next year, but also isn't eligible for the NHL draft until 2013. Expect him to challenge for a spot on the Finnish U-20 squad and pencil him in as a player with bona-fide first round potential in two years.

Old
08-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Korkki

Instead of lowering Armia I would even consider to rising him to the top of the list. He has improved so much in the summer. His skating in really top class and he has got more muscles.

Old
08-20-2011, 03:25 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkki View Post
Instead of lowering Armia I would even consider to rising him to the top of the list. He has improved so much in the summer. His skating in really top class and he has got more muscles.
Let's see after some games in the league. He need's to be more consistent and more involved to the game without the puck. If he scores less than 25 goals and about 45pts it will be disappointment. But if he manages to improve his flaws instead of racking up points i would be happier. I think he needs to be more aggressive at puck battles and when he plays without the puck. I think that Armia has potential to be an good two-way player instead of being one dimensional.

Old
08-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Fat Doctor

Teuvo Teräväinen (born 1994) played his first men's game in Jokerit (vs Djurgårdens) today. He got pretty good linemates in the third line (Teräväinen - Riku Hahl - Jani Rita). He's is pretty small, but my god how well he played for a 17-year-old. Good positioning and when he adjusted better when the game went on, he started showing his great eye for the game and passes. I have to say I was absolutely suprised, I was expecting for a kid in a big boys game but he didnt fall behind. At the last minute he almost got by three players in front of the goal but was crushed in the last second. I'd like to see him play more tomorrow, but I think Petr Kalus will take his place.

A year later, about 10 kilograms heavier, he will be a top6-forward in Jokerit (when Pulkkinen goes to Detroit).

Old
08-20-2011, 05:54 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
Teuvo Teräväinen (born 1994) played his first men's game in Jokerit (vs Djurgårdens) today. He got pretty good linemates in the third line (Teräväinen - Riku Hahl - Jani Rita). He's is pretty small, but my god how well he played for a 17-year-old. Good positioning and when he adjusted better when the game went on, he started showing his great eye for the game and passes. I have to say I was absolutely suprised, I was expecting for a kid in a big boys game but he didnt fall behind. At the last minute he almost got by three players in front of the goal but was crushed in the last second. I'd like to see him play more tomorrow, but I think Petr Kalus will take his place.

A year later, about 10 kilograms heavier, he will be a top6-forward in Jokerit (when Pulkkinen goes to Detroit).
He's actually still 16

Hope he'll play tomorrow as well, I'll be at the game.

Old
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Tormentor

Quote:
I already mentioned in this thread that Ma.Granlund, Salomäki and Armia are better players than last year, so I took Armia’s development into account while making the list. At the summer challenge Armia’s acceleration and top speed looked slightly better than last season. As far as muscles go, he still has long ways to go before he has NHL level strength.

For me the difference between the top-3 is minimal. The main reason why I have Granlund and Barkov above Armia at the moment is that they are more involved with the game and play very well on both sides of the puck. I admit that there’s still some concern whether Granlund succeeds in the NHL as a smallish player without elite speed, but his performance at the WC’s cleared most of the doubt in my mind. Even at that level he was able to use his creativity as a big asset and a difference maker. He just seems to find a way to succeed and it doesn’t take that long for him to adapt. Last step will be the most difficult, but contrary to Armia, Granlund only has that one step left to take.

Old
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
thomast

Quote:
I already mentioned in this thread that Ma.Granlund, Salomäki and Armia are better players than last year, so I took Armia’s development into account while making the list. At the summer challenge Armia’s acceleration and top speed looked slightly better than last season. As far as muscles go, he still has long ways to go before he has NHL level strength.

For me the difference between the top-3 is minimal. The main reason why I have Granlund and Barkov above Armia at the moment is that they are more involved with the game and play very well on both sides of the puck. I admit that there’s still some concern whether Granlund succeeds in the NHL as a smallish player without elite speed, but his performance at the WC’s cleared most of the doubt in my mind. Even at that level he was able to use his creativity as a big asset and a difference maker. He just seems to find a way to succeed and it doesn’t take that long for him to adapt. Last step will be the most difficult, but contrary to Armia, Granlund only has that one step left to take.
This is what i think aswell, Armia needs to be better and more active without the puck. I think that Armia has all the tools to become great two-way player, but he played last year pure offensive role which didn't develope him at two-way game. I hope this years he can do it all. If he would get bit aggresiveness aswell it would be great aswell. I think that other thing what seperates Granlund from Armia is that Armia needs better players around him to success.

Old
08-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Can we get another list like the OP maybe?

Old
08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
thomast

I don't know much about names after 2013 draft but ill throw in what i have heard.

2014 draft:

Jaakko Hälli

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=92077

2015 draft:

Aleksi Saarela

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94117

2016 draft: Eetu Tuulola

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=123542

Old
08-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Quote:
Let's see after some games in the league. He need's to be more consistent and more involved to the game without the puck.
Quote:
The main reason why I have Granlund and Barkov above Armia at the moment is that they are more involved with the game and play very well on both sides of the puck.
What I got from the many comments of the people who saw the practise match against Lukko is that his overall game (activity without the puck, playmaking, physicality and even the deking and shooting) has really developed... so much that people are already expecting really great things from him next season based on just that game.

Looks and sounds really promising and I'm optimistic that things will work out for him.

Old
08-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Coil

Quote:

Oh, come on. Like the others haven't developed? Right now there's no way he would be on top of the list. Let's see another good year, a good playoff performance and making it to the men's team in the WC. That's when you can consider him superior to Granlund. Edit: And I mean consider.

Old
08-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Fat Doctor

Did anyone see how Teräväinen played today against Frölunda? I only heard that some ****** got frustrated and hit him from behind against the boards... but I guess he didnt hurt too bad.

Old
08-21-2011, 04:13 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
Did anyone see how Teräväinen played today against Frölunda? I only heard that some ****** got frustrated and hit him from behind against the boards... but I guess he didnt hurt too bad.
I was at the game. He didn't look too much out of place playing with men. His skating was good enough stay in the plays and he was always defensively responsible. His stickhandling and hockey sense were the things that made him stand out from the mass (along with the cage helmet). He also finished his checks even though I didn't expect that from him, thinking he's quite soft. Had a couple of scoring chances and some good passes to his linemates (Hahl, Rita) but they couldn't finish well enough.

The hit was really unnecessary and pretty dirty, TT went face first into the boards but luckily didn't get hurt too badly. I liked how especially Hahl went chasing after Persson immediately after the hit. Too bad the linesmen got in between them.

Overall I was very suprised how well he played, considering he's still 16. I expect him to play mostly in A-SM next season, not that he couldn't play at least half the big league games. He'll get more icetime and play a bigger role there and probably get a couple of call-ups as the season progresses.

I was also suprised by how well Markus Hännikäinen played, taking the hard-working role on the line with two extremely skilled players, Eaves and Filppula. He looked a little like Miikka Salomäki, hard work, good defensive game and checking hard, along with solid offensive skill. He also had a couple of good take-aways in the neutral zone that led to odd man rushes. He could get some games with Jokerit this season, along with Eetu Koski who was good on thursday.

Old
08-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Tormentor

Quote:
I think that other thing what seperates Granlund from Armia is that Armia needs better players around him to success.
Armia’s goal and two of his assists at the Summer Challenge were really strong individual efforts; he didn’t need much assistance from his line mates in those situations. His goal came after he skated through the neutral zone on the right side, deked a defenseman with a nice toe drag while moving to the central lane and shot the puck to the upper corner. Two of his assists came after he made fun of several opponents and passed the puck for an easy tap in. Every now and then there’s a moment when Armia looks almost like Mario Lemieux.

Quote:
2015 draft: Aleksi Saarela
2016 draft: Eetu Tuulola
Some names maybe worth adding to the watch list:

Julius Nättinen (2015) – Has been a 1st line centre forward for JYP’s Jr.B team in some exhibition games.

Jesse Puljujärvi (2016) – Offensively gifted winger playing for Kärpät’s Jr.C team against an age group that’s two years above his own.

Joni Ikonen (2017) – A small forward who plays a lot like Juuso Ikonen, I assume that they are brothers. Plays for Blues against an age group that’s two years above his own.

Urho Vaakanainen (2017) – A big mobile defenseman with a pretty good understanding of the game. Plays for Jokipojat against an age group that’s two years above his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
What I got from the many comments of the people who saw the practise match against Lukko is that his overall game (activity without the puck, playmaking, physicality and even the deking and shooting) has really developed... so much that people are already expecting really great things from him next season based on just that game.

Looks and sounds really promising and I'm optimistic that things will work out for him.
Armia is a better player than last season and will probably have a pretty good season, if he stays healthy. On the other hand we have to remember that some of the older players are still warming up after a summer of barbeque and beer drinking, so things might look slightly different by let’s say November.

Closed Thread