HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal-Edmonton proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 08:08 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
So what are the habs problems big centers and physical/gritty wingers? In fairness to Comrie I would say his defense is average NHL level it's just he goes up against fellow stars who r offensive and defensive stars, and their star offense makes his average defense look awful if that makes any sense. I don't really see what deal would be good for these two teams unless we swap youths to fill holes in others.

To Mtl:
Rita
Pouliot
Bergeron

To Edm:
Hainsey
Perzhogin
5th pick 2004

Well Rita is a gritty winger(can play Lw+Rw) who plays the boards well with good size and Pouliot is size down center and Bergeron is a small feisty offensive d-man to even it out. Hainsey we need someone to help out our d, Smith will more than likely be traded soon(age+money) and Staios is old as well that pretty much leaves our d's future in Brewer and Semenovs hands until more prospects step up. Perzhogin is scoring on the right wing were fine now but will need it in the future. I don't think this deal is quite right but it would have to be of this style. I know how much u love ur d-prospects but that is where the majority of Edmontons interest lies which kind of makes us incompatable since were trying to trade a small center(which u have plenty) for your d(which u covet for your future).

That trade is just insane! No way any sane hab fan would make that trade!

Old
10-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Malefic74

vCash: 500
Right now, the Oilers and Habs just do not make good trading partners because they are too similar. They are different enough in that the Oilers have some grit type players Montreal needs, but won't be traded; and Montreal has fast depth guys and young defenseman that Edmonton needs but won't be traded.

As for Garon. Keep dreaming. It was Lowe's own fault for letting Markannen go, now you're fishing for a backup. Conklin is a good backup, no more. Kind of in the Craig Billington mold.

By the deadline Perrault is probably gone, ditto for Audette

Old
10-16-2003, 10:49 AM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefic74
Right now, the Oilers and Habs just do not make good trading partners because they are too similar. They are different enough in that the Oilers have some grit type players Montreal needs, but won't be traded; and Montreal has fast depth guys and young defenseman that Edmonton needs but won't be traded.

As for Garon. Keep dreaming. It was Lowe's own fault for letting Markannen go, now you're fishing for a backup. Conklin is a good backup, no more. Kind of in the Craig Billington mold.

By the deadline Perrault is probably gone, ditto for Audette
I am not fishing for a back-up I am fishing for a potential starter should we have to trade Salo($3.9million and 32yrs old) I was thinking we should get a two goalie tandem with each goalie having starting potential because the market is so flooded with potential no.1's right now. We could probably move Salo to St.Louis,Colorado, or possibly Carolina+New York+Phillidelphia+NYI depending on how there new/current goalies work for them. I have faith that Conklin is better than Markannen he had such a great playoffs for the Bulldogs and Lowe trade Markannen as a result of this.

Closed Thread