HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

More Rumors.........

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2005, 10:57 AM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
More Rumors.........

Well, now we're supposedly looking at Legace or Luongo. Again, coming from that other board..........I don't really buy it, but Luongo would be nice. They're saying Cammy and a prospect for Luongo........I think it would take a bit more than that.

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx

Old
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
kingsfan25

Saw this on the LGK board. The Luongo one is based almost entirely on the fact that Keenan was at the Kings-Leafs game.

And as for Legace....why would Detroit trade him?

Old
12-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Kick

Nice avatar, swing. Who is that? Princess Leia's ugly sister, Princess Wouldn't Leia?

Old
12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKen48
Nice avatar, swing. Who is that? Princess Leia's ugly sister, Princess Wouldn't Leia?
Its the girl from Dodgeball...

"I think that guy might really be dead..."

Old
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
willie

Regardless of how well Garon/Larbarbera play (and the better they play, the more value they would have to trade in return), it would stupid not to at least make an inquiry about Luongo. While I'm optimistic about our current tandem, they aren't (and never will be) anywhere near the level of Luongo.

If the assets that we have to deal away are somewhat reasonable (obviously it'd take more than Cammalleri & a prospect ) and we can sign Luongo to a deal that is not going to destroy our financial flexibility, I would probably do it. You'll never find a goalie like Luongo through free agency, you'll rarely ever find one in the draft and the times they are available on the trade market don't come around often.

Old
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Regardless of how well Garon/Larbarbera play (and the better they play, the more value they would have to trade in return), it would stupid not to at least make an inquiry about Luongo. While I'm optimistic about our current tandem, they aren't (and never will be) anywhere near the level of Luongo.

If the assets that we have to deal away are somewhat reasonable (obviously it'd take more than Cammalleri & a prospect ) and we can sign Luongo to a deal that is not going to destroy our financial flexibility, I would probably do it. You'll never find a goalie like Luongo through free agency, you'll rarely ever find one in the draft and the times they are available on the trade market don't come around often.
indeed. but its pretty funny that none of the rumors about kings' trades have yet focused on what is clearly the number one priority, help on the blueline.

Old
12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
indeed. but its pretty funny that none of the rumors about kings' trades have yet focused on what is clearly the number one priority, help on the blueline.
Not really. Who's out there? Noone's willing to pay Washington's price for Witt, Brewer is on shelf. Who else is there? The market is incredibly thin for defenseman and I'm sure their trade values are heightened as a result. Even if there was someone there, DT might not be willing to pay the assets required.

Nor would I blame him. Sure this team could hypothetically go on a run but this is not going to be the best lineup we have in the next five years. I think it'd be foolish to overpay for a defenseman at this point. I say we ride it out, maybe make a small deal for a defenseman, and then use the 7+million (plus whatever we are currently under) that is coming off the books and push HARD for 1 of the big free agent defenseman in Ontario. (Chara, Redden, McCabe, Kaberle)

Old
12-08-2005, 01:23 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Legace... Legace... the name's familiar, but I can't figure out why...

Gee, I wonder what team let him go for nothing earlier in his career... *sigh*

Old
12-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Not really. Who's out there? Noone's willing to pay Washington's price for Witt, Brewer is on shelf. Who else is there? The market is incredibly thin for defenseman and I'm sure their trade values are heightened as a result. Even if there was someone there, DT might not be willing to pay the assets required.

Good point.

I think the position that was hurt the most by the new rules was D-men.

We all knew that some guys games just didn't allow them to change with the new rules. I don't think we knew just how many d-man could make that change....

Old
12-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Saw this on the LGK board.
I stopped reading.

Old
12-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I stopped reading.

heheh

Old
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
johnjm22

If Keenan was at the Toronto game he must have been very impressed with Garon. If we do make a move for Luongo I think Garon will definatley be part of the package.

Old
12-08-2005, 01:47 PM
jeffreyaa

I'd give up a lot for an all-star goalie, and Luongo's wanted outta Florida for a while. It would have to take well more than Cammy and a prospect, though.

What is Luongo's salary and contract situation? If I remember right, he's UFA at the end of the year.

Old
12-08-2005, 01:48 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I stopped reading.
Fair enough...but you can't sya that its not credible because of LGK.. they didn't start the rumour...it was Eklund who....you know, I don't know where I'm going with this.

Old
12-08-2005, 01:51 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:

Nor would I blame him. Sure this team could hypothetically go on a run but this is not going to be the best lineup we have in the next five years. I think it'd be foolish to overpay for a defenseman at this point. I say we ride it out, maybe make a small deal for a defenseman, and then use the 7+million (plus whatever we are currently under) that is coming off the books and push HARD for 1 of the big free agent defenseman in Ontario. (Chara, Redden, McCabe, Kaberle)
i totally agree--i posted essentially the same thing in another thread a few days ago, and if i were dt, i would probably sit on my hands and wait for what comes down the waiver wire. my point was more that the realities of the trading market never stopped rumors, and i guess i felt that it was obvious that the kings were in need of blueliners and that rumors should address that, but of course they don't.

Old
12-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Fair enough...but you can't sya that its not credible because of LGK.. they didn't start the rumour...it was Eklund who....you know, I don't know where I'm going with this.

Got to love Eklund. I wonder how many threads have been created because of what that guys makes up?

Old
12-08-2005, 04:06 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Luongo seems to be the best player that may be available...but to me, he seems like a guy who would not play as well in a different situation...maybe he needs to see 40 shots a game, while playing in a no pressure environment...we've all seen players who are expected to come into a new situation and dominate, only to be a disapointment

Old
12-08-2005, 06:00 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Well I'd be more then willing to add Garon with Cammalleri for Luongo and as for prospect.... Would Pushkarev do? or Grebs I'd like to keep Kopitar most then Tambs then Boyle I guess Tukonen maybe be I like him too..... Who knows but ya if we got him that woudl be amazing

Old
12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
If Keenan was at the Toronto game he must have been very impressed with Garon. If we do make a move for Luongo I think Garon will definatley be part of the package.
cammy, garon, corvo and roenick for

luongo, beowmiester.

12-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
cammy, garon, corvo and roenick for

luongo, beowmiester.
Beowmiester? Is that the dude from Chaucer?

12-08-2005, 07:19 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Beowmiester? Is that the dude from Chaucer?
stop making fun of my speling!

Old
12-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Beowulfmiester?

Old
12-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Osprey

I think that a "Cammalleri and a prospect" would be closer to what would fetch Bouwmeester than Luongo. No one knows if it was Luongo that Keenan was dangling when he attended the game in Toronto.

Old
12-09-2005, 01:02 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I think that a "Cammalleri and a prospect" would be closer to what would fetch Bouwmeester than Luongo. No one knows if it was Luongo that Keenan was dangling when he attended the game in Toronto.
Funny thing is, why was himself and Tambellini Sr. in the crowd.........who else was there? and are we really shopping? DT has been quiet and when approached he extinguishes the situation. I do agree that Kings need defensive help over anything, but you can easily start with Luongo and move out..........I do agree with "Willies" comments. The league is pretty dilluted right now on the defensive side of things, and we're not the only ones with defensive whipping boys........there is far worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKen48
]Nice avatar, swing. Who is that? Princess Leia's ugly sister, Princess Wouldn't Leia?
Looks like a cross between Pavel Vorobiev and Roman Cechmanek........either way, somebody needs to take a flo-bee to that thing! Why are the Hawks players just letting that guy ride that thing.........it's atrocious!
KingsFan25 answered it though........Dodgeball..........and that ***** goes more than balls deep!

Old
12-09-2005, 01:20 AM
nikolai19

What I would propose is:

To LA: Roberto Luongo (3.2 mill) and Mike Van Ryn (1.06)
To FLA: Mathieu Garon (1.2 mill), Jeff Tambellini, 2006 2nd rounder, 2007 4th rounder

If Luongo is acquired, then a goalie is going to have to go the other way. Garon still has not had his chance to be a #1 because of his split time with LaBarbera. Tambellini will be tough to lose but I think Keenan will want him more than Cammalleri. The picks are actually valuable picks in today's CBA.

Luongo is Luongo. He'll be the best goalie in the West and he'll have a decent team in front of him. Van Ryn would help out the PP and be a good defenseman that can log 20 minutes a night. Van Ryn is expendable because of Florida's acquisitions of Montador and Semenov in the last month. Bran Mezei is gone for the year but Florida has a decent corp of defensemen.

Closed Thread