HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looks like Sykora will be moved as early as today...

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2005, 07:41 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Looks like Sykora will be moved as early as today...

according to an article in the LA Times.

He was held out of the game in Buff last night pending a deal so we'll know soon enough if Slats has him pegged as the much needed offense from the second line.

I'd move Hossa for him in a second and I think that works for the Ducks as well as they get the much younger player with upside and just as important for them, a much cheaper price tag.

Prucha-Nylander-Sykora could be a pretty dynamic line that could take some pressure off the big line.

Old
12-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
This is the reason we picked up Orr.

But he's getting traded for Lupul.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:12 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
This is the reason we picked up Orr.

But he's getting traded for Lupul.

Nah well send them Purinton instead.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Nich

do you guys honestly think they'll take hossa straight up for him???

if not, who else do you see going?

Old
12-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Anyone have a feeling that we're serious contenders for Sykora?

Old
12-09-2005, 08:21 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Anyone have a feeling that we're serious contenders for Sykora?
Actually I don't think we are. I've read that the Bruins and the Senators are the front runners to land him as of right now. Like the Senators need another offensive player. Man is that team stacked right now! Still I would welcome him on the Rangers any time.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Fletch

With...

the amount of Czechs in the lineup for the Rangers, which is a result of Sather surrounding Jagr with people he knows, and with whose style of hockey he's familiar, how can Sather not at least be listening? And this is with a recent trading buddy where the Rangers took Rucchin and his salary off his hands. As for Hossa for Sykora...if there aren't overwhelming bidders out there, that's something that could happen to reduce the Ducks' payroll, sure - but who knows what the real thoughts are.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:32 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
the amount of Czechs in the lineup for the Rangers, which is a result of Sather surrounding Jagr with people he knows, and with whose style of hockey he's familiar, how can Sather not at least be listening? And this is with a recent trading buddy where the Rangers took Rucchin and his salary off his hands. As for Hossa for Sykora...if there aren't overwhelming bidders out there, that's something that could happen to reduce the Ducks' payroll, sure - but who knows what the real thoughts are.

That's why I would seriously consider making a strong move for him because as a 6 time 20 goal scorer he is proven sniper that is just in a tailspin right now as most are with the Ducks but if he were to come here he would love the little czech thing we have going here and I could easily see him rebounding in a big way playing with Jagr and the rest of his country men.

And I love that Sykora has proven he can put the puck in the net in the eastern conference as that's where he spent most of his career as we know.

Hossa may not be enough to get it done alone, depends on what else others are offering but Sykora is strictly a salary dump and Burke will want cheap, young talent in return IMO.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:38 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

Pay attention to WFAN and ESPN radio today; I too think that Sykora coming over is a possibility.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
Pay attention to WFAN and ESPN radio today; I too think that Sykora coming over is a possibility.
Why?TSN or Sportsnet will have any hockey transaction before WFAN or ESPN

Old
12-09-2005, 08:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Boston Bruins had interest in the proven Sykora after trading captain Joe Thornton, but the two sides were unable to make a deal, a source said. Duck General Manager Brian Burke would not comment about a proposed trade, but team officials would not deny that some sort of move was in the works
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printe...ck=1&cset=true

Just Say No

Old
12-09-2005, 08:47 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
That's why I would seriously consider making a strong move for him because as a 6 time 20 goal scorer he is proven sniper that is just in a tailspin right now as most are with the Ducks but if he were to come here he would love the little czech thing we have going here and I could easily see him rebounding in a big way playing with Jagr and the rest of his country men.

And I love that Sykora has proven he can put the puck in the net in the eastern conference as that's where he spent most of his career as we know.

Hossa may not be enough to get it done alone, depends on what else others are offering but Sykora is strictly a salary dump and Burke will want cheap, young talent in return IMO.
I agree! Sykora would look great on either of the first two lines. A line of
Sykora-Nylander-Prucha could really do some damage and take the pressure of Jagr. Not sure what Burke wants but if somehow we could pull both Sykora and Salei (though I'd much rather have Vishnevski) outta there that would be awesome. Plug two holes with one trade.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
If Hossa doesn't get it done, I'm not interested.

Honestly, I see just as much potential upside in Hossa as I do in Sykora at this point. Marcel also gives you roster flexibility that Petr doesn't, that is, he can be benched if his play warrants. Luke warm on this deal at best.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Honestly, I see just as much potential upside in Hossa as I do in Sykora at this point. Marcel also gives you roster flexibility that Petr doesn't, that is, he can be benched if his play warrants. Luke warm on this deal at best.

Agreed. The only reason I would consider Sykora is he is a FA at the end of the season so there is a minimal commitment there.

12-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Nich

well a hossa for sykora deal would be nice....but i do agree with the roster flexability.

but at the same time, it helps the team balance the scoring, and we don't have to give up much

rushinsky - straka - jagr
prucha - nylander - sykora
hollwood - moore - orts
vile - betts - ward

question is where does rucchin come in....and orr being the man off of the bench....

Old
12-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
I agree! Sykora would look great on either of the first two lines. A line of
Sykora-Nylander-Prucha could really do some damage and take the pressure of Jagr. Not sure what Burke wants but if somehow we could pull both Sykora and Salei (though I'd much rather have Vishnevski) outta there that would be awesome. Plug two holes with one trade.
Which of our defensemen are willing to part with to acquire Salei? And which one of our defensemen will Burke take?

Old
12-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Nich

give them poti =)

Old
12-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Nemchinov13

I actually think that by acquiring Sykora, Prucha will move to Jagr's line full time. That probably means that Hollweg will be sent down to Hfd till the end of the season or he will be serving the press box duty.

Prucha-Straka-Jagr
Ruca-Nyls-Sykora
Moore-Rucchin-Orts
Neimo-Betts-Ward

Sykora will give us a legitimate 2nd line, but at the same time it may ruin our chemistry, particularly with Hollweg's benching. Unless you can trade both Neimo and Hossa for Sykora. But, if you don't re-sign Sykora at the end of the season, how will the next year's line up look like? Immonen cannot play RW - he's been a C for all his life; you cannot take Straka away from Jagr, and Hossa (the only other young RW) will not be there. Dawes is a LW; do you really want to see FedFed or Taffe?

Old
12-09-2005, 09:27 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
Which of our defensemen are willing to part with to acquire Salei? And which one of our defensemen will Burke take?
For Salei I'd gladly part with Poti and Roszival. Can't see Burke taking either. For Vishevski (probably not possible) I'd send him anyone not named Tytin.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Nich

well we can fix that problem by sending out rucchin instead of benching hollywood.

and jarko will look great in broadway blue

Old
12-09-2005, 09:32 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
well we can fix that problem by sending out rucchin instead of benching hollywood.

and jarko will look great in broadway blue
Rooch does not need to be traded. He has been solid. Besides, why would ANA want him back? I say you offer ANA Hossa for Sykora and then try and package Niemo for a defenseman.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:34 AM
JR#9*

Quote:

I also won't be interested if the deal cost more than Hossa and maybe a late round pick but I disagree with the flexibility that Hossa provides because it's not like he can play multiple positions on multiple lines and being able to be scratched for your level of play doesn't make him attractive to me.

Marcel may develop into a decent 2nd liner but he simply is not there at this point and doesn't bring much currently.He has potential and will most likely figure out what he needs to do to take the next step but right now he simply doesn;t get it done on our 2nd line.

Sykora on our 2nd line I would expect to start scoring at a 30 goal pace with a playmaker like Nylander and a talent like Prucha on the other side and feel he'd give us much more of a legitimate 2nd line scoring threat.

And as SBOB states, the other reason to seriously do this is that it is minimal commitment as he's a UFA come yrs end.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Nooooooo, it'll be blasphemous!

Old
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
If Hossa isn't involved, no dice. We are proven winners with this lineup we have now, Hossa included. We aren't in a weak position to bargain, I just hope we don't try to overpay for him.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Actually I don't think we are. I've read that the Bruins and the Senators are the front runners to land him as of right now. Like the Senators need another offensive player. Man is that team stacked right now! Still I would welcome him on the Rangers any time.
With Havlat out for pretty much the regular season, they might be looking to add anothe scorer. I don't see it happening this soon though.

Closed Thread