HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Dec. 9th: Ottawa at Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 01:30 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Do the Sens have their own message board?
SensNetwork.com is probably the closest to an official one. The Sens site used to have one but a bunch of idiots posted there and I'm pretty sure it was taken away.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:34 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_LaRue
Somehow I predicted that Sens fans would be blaming the officiating rather than the poor play of their team.
If I were a 'Nucks fan, I'd be worried about the fact that they can't score more than one goal on more than a dozen powerplays.

If the Sens had won this game, I wouldn't be dancing in the streets calling it the best game ever. Hasek and some timely D was the only reason Ottawa even managed a point.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:36 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveorama
The difference was the Canucks' PK tonight, with a special mention to Ohlund and Salo versus your big line at even stregth.
I'd say Ottawa's PK was better.

Sure, they gave up 1 PP goal, but they killed off 12 or 13 powerplays, including 2 5 on 3's, and scored a shorthanded goal.

The Canucks powerplay was definitely better than Ottawa's.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Don Draper

one last point. Did we EVER miss Redden tonight and his breakout pass! I cant remember the last time the play ended at center ice so continually. We could not get it deep without our dump and chase lines. Not to mention his ability to control the powerplay.

Put me in the camp who thinks that we cant do without Redden or Chara.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:46 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I just thought we were fighting the puck the whole night.

Pucks rolling off sticks on clear chances.

Rebounds drifting all over the place. Passes behind the player or simply out of the zone. Part of that was Vancouver's puck pressure but part of that was just a lack of focus, potentially bad ice (how many guys were wiping out for no reason) and an inability to work hard enough to overcome those problems.

Ottawa typically rebounds from a poor showing or a loss. Here's another chance to step up. Maybe it's better to get it out of the way early in the road trip, and at least we salvaged a point out of it.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
one last point. Did we EVER miss Redden tonight and his breakout pass! I cant remember the last time the play ended at center ice so continually. We could not get it deep without our dump and chase lines. Not to mention his ability to control the powerplay.

Put me in the camp who thinks that we cant do without Redden or Chara.
The PP has been great without Redden, so I don't know if after one game we can conclude we miss him. If it sucks tomorrow...

Hopefully they'll call everything in the Calgary game, because this would benefit us, and not the "style" played by the Flames.

Last edited by Roy G Biv*: 12-10-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old
12-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil

Rebounds drifting all over the place. Passes behind the player or simply out of the zone. Part of that was Vancouver's puck pressure but part of that was just a lack of focus, potentially bad ice (how many guys were wiping out for no reason) and an inability to work hard enough to overcome those problems.

Ottawa typically rebounds from a poor showing or a loss. Here's another chance to step up. Maybe it's better to get it out of the way early in the road trip, and at least we salvaged a point out of it.
agreed, but the result will be the same if we dont get either the powerplay or top line going.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:08 AM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Kudos to Ott for getting a point in a game they didn't deserve to get one.

Hasek was great.

Meszaros was ****ing wicked, I am SO impressed by his play, and I really am glad he is working out.

The top guns had an off game, Alfy was pretty good though.

Fisher was solid, Varada was a punk like always, thats about it.

Go Sens tommorow, destroy the Flames!!!!!!!!!!

Old
12-10-2005, 02:17 AM
surge

As a Canuck fan it was nice to see an entertaining game between two high quality offensive teams. Power plays were a little much, but I think 85% of those calls were worthy of 2 minutes. I love watching the Sens, it was nice to see Meszaros fitting in so well. Good luck against the Flames tomorrow (be prepared for an ugly hook/clutch fest care of Sutter's boys).

Here's to a Canucks - Senators Stanley Cup final.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:18 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge
(be prepared for an ugly hook/clutch fest care of Sutter's boys).
Well, if it is, they'd better be in the box for the entire game.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:23 AM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Well, if it is, they'd better be in the box for the entire game.
Yea, after all the **** tonight, thye better be, or ill be f***ing furious

Old
12-10-2005, 02:57 AM
gbl1p

From the main board:

I hate to say it, but what a great game. I hate saying it because it was an absolute butcher job by the refs, but I can concede that it was a very intense hard fought game. Games missed by Havlat since declaring surgery=1. Games missed by Havlat in which he would have been a huge factor=1. What a speedy game played with tenacity. Just the way I like it. Hasek played out of his face and was the only reason the Sens were in the game. Fantastic hockey game played by ex-Canuck Peter Schaefer. Spezza and Heatley are young and this shall be a massive reminder: When the going gets tough, you will fail if you wish to play cute. I counted more than 4 opportunities to shoot from both Spezza and Heatley that were eventually forgone and created a turnover. Sometimes you need to simplify your game and use the space given to you for some dirty shots. Let's face it, how many times did you count where Meszaros nearly put a pinball into the net. He eventually got it to work for an incredibly key goal. Heatley has GOT to use that shot!

Credit to Auld for making plenty of clutch saves. Thought Bertuzzi was a force, and Naslund is always a threat. Textbook hockey from the Twins, it's gotta be nice in Van to see them playing well.

All in all, a wildly back-and-forth affair where the best team won?

Old
12-10-2005, 02:59 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Am I the only one whose just not impressed by Vaclav Varada? This guy just looks so slow this year and has had about two big games, scoring wise, and seems to be getting ice time off that. I think Vermette is good in a checking role and would look good there.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Am I the only one whose just not impressed by Vaclav Varada? This guy just looks so slow this year and has had about two big games, scoring wise, and seems to be getting ice time off that. I think Vermette is good in a checking role and would look good there.
I think his skating has been alright. He is getting to loose pucks. The weird thing is that he has no balance or puck control. He seems to get knocked onto one foot a lot, or loose the puck while attempting to stick handle.

I'd like to see him run some guys, legally.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:05 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
or loose the puck while attempting to stick handle.
That can be attributed to the fact that he has the worst hands in the NHL. It's painful to watch him with the puck.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:12 AM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
That can be attributed to the fact that he has the worst hands in the NHL. It's painful to watch him with the puck.
Maybe Murray should send him out without a stick? I doubt his game would suffer.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:17 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Maybe Murray should send him out without a stick? I doubt his game would suffer.
How would he hook and hold then?

Old
12-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Bileur

Quote:
I'd like to see him run some guys, legally.
Seems like he's tuned down the agitating style doesent it?

Old
12-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Johnny LaRue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder
I think if you actually read the forum the vast majority blame the poor performance of the team. A few blamed officiating. Troll.
Ouch, that hurts coming from you of all people.

Old
12-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Puck
Ninja

I'll be eager to see if the refs call the game as close tonight against the Flames. If not, then I would tend to think that the refs are calling it close or loose, depending on the home team's style of play, to keep the home fans happy. If they do call it close, then I'd figure maybe the refs out West are still calling it closer (after 15 games this season) compared to the East. I'm not sure which is which yet.

They are letting the D battle in front of their own net more, I actually don't mind that.

Good post gbl1p.

Old
12-10-2005, 12:02 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Quote:

Rebounds drifting all over the place. Passes behind the player or simply out of the zone. Part of that was Vancouver's puck pressure but part of that was just a lack of focus
Lack of focus eh. Apparently, Wednesday night in Vancouver was the Sens rookie dinner. Aha! That must be it

Old
12-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Steveorama

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild
Lack of focus eh. Apparently, Wednesday night in Vancouver was the Sens rookie dinner. Aha! That must be it
If Ottawa was underperforming, I look for them to turn it around versus the Flames. The Sens have always been my favourite east team, even when they sucked.
Destroy Calgary!!
If they get owned by Calgary, too, the issue of how good the Eastern Conference really is will raise its ugly head again.

Closed Thread