HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

DiPietro, Heatley and Gaborik.

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 08:21 AM
paul99

vCash: 500
DiPietro, Heatly and Gaborik.

Amoung DiPietro, Heatly and Gaborik, the only one playing NHL right now is DiPietro, the 2000 first overall Entry Draft pick.

Who could have thought just 3 months ago that Milbury may have a chance to look genious!

Old
10-13-2003, 08:26 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Gaborik is coming back.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul99
Amoung DiPietro, Heatly and Gaborik, the only one playing NHL right now is DiPietro, the 2000 first overall Entry Draft pick.

Who could have thought just 3 months ago that Milbury may have a chance to look genious!
How does it make him look like a genious again?

Do you think he looked into his crystal ball and saw Heatley's troubles, or Gaborik's agent?

Old
10-13-2003, 08:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Now, now, be fair. Would you rather have DiPietro or would you rather have Heatly or Gaborik AND Luongo.

10-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Wild Thing

Even if Gaborik were not about to sign with the Wild (which it suddenly appears he may be), he was still the right choice with that pick. Even if we were to lose him now, either through a trade or by having another team sign him out from under us, we would get a tremendous return for him. He's still an extraordinariily valuable asset for the organization, any way you slice it.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:37 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Now, now, be fair. Would you rather have DiPietro or would you rather have Heatly or Gaborik AND Luongo.
Don't forget Jokinen. That trade deserves 5 .

Old
10-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I'll give it 5 as well (b/c the boards won't let me give more):

That was honestly the worst trade I have ever seen in my life, but as a Panther fan, I have no complaints.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:

Think of it like this...had Heatley been drafted by another team his accident probably never would have happened. Milbury signed Yashin for 9 million a season chances are he`d have either traded Gaborik by now since he has trouble hanging onto young skilled players or he`d give him anything he wanted. I`d be much happier with 1 of Gaborik/Heatley and Luongo than I`d be with Dipietro. Millburys still an idiot

Old
10-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Don't forget Jokinen. That trade deserves 5 .
Can someone tell me what the full deal was that brought in Luongo, for both sides???

Old
10-13-2003, 10:00 AM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Can someone tell me what the full deal was that brought in Luongo, for both sides???
New York Islanders traded Olli Jokien and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

Old
10-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Jones23

Quote:
Fair?...Parrish,Kvasha and DiPietro-not just DiPietro!

Old
10-13-2003, 12:12 PM
onearmedbandit14

Quote:

Wow, what a post. So Milbury has a chance to look like a genius because he has a young goaltender that could fare OK this year while Marian Gaborik was among the leading playoff scorers last year and Dany Heatley was already a superstar until this terrible happening? Ya, what a genius.

Old
10-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
New York Islanders traded Olli Jokien and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.
Wow..........

Old
10-13-2003, 12:21 PM
paul99

Quote:
SBOB, no, no,no I woudn't. My intention was just to let realize that Milbury has now ( probably for a short period of time) the chance to look better.

Old
10-13-2003, 12:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
SBOB, no, no,no I woudn't. My intention was just to let realize that Milbury has now ( probably for a short period of time) the chance to look better.

Fair enough. My point is if MM never dealt Luongo, he never would have drafted DiPietro.

Old
10-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Better than what???

Quote:
"Better" than MM looks right now? Is that saying anything at all? He gave away the best young goaltender in the league (as of right now), to pass on 2 franchise impact forwards, to take a goalie. Mike Milbury's reputation is lower than whale crap right now, and a flukish car accident and contract squabbles isn't going to help MM all that much IMO.

Old
10-13-2003, 03:08 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
Even if Gaborik were not about to sign with the Wild (which it suddenly appears he may be), he was still the right choice with that pick. Even if we were to lose him now, either through a trade or by having another team sign him out from under us, we would get a tremendous return for him. He's still an extraordinariily valuable asset for the organization, any way you slice it.

I agree.The worst part for nyi fans is that MM and his scouts had heavily scouted Gaborik for 2 yrs and were high on him.Then MM had his interview with DiPietro who'd opted into the draft just days before the draft.

I think New Englander MM sees a lot of himself in brash NE boy DiPietro.

In the last yr,MM has tried to put a pr spin on the disaster of the 2000 draft (where the isles had the 1st and 5th overall picks),saying the Isles were going to take Gaborik 1st overall and then DiPietro 5th overall,but the team was worried that Atl was going to take DiPietro before they nyi got to their 2nd first rounder.

all pr nonsense.If you have Gaborik at the top of your draft board and you have the 1st overall pick,then there is no excuse for not coming out of that draft with M. Gaborik.

Old
10-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan
Mike Milbury's reputation is lower than whale crap right now, and a flukish car accident and contract squabbles isn't going to help MM all that much IMO.
The only thing that will - and should - help his reputation is if his team wins.

As long as the team does not contend for the Cup (legitimately), that, and other moves, are fair game. If, hypothetically, this team does take the next step, the criticism of the Draft Day 2000 hocus-pocus moves (of which I still take part) will carry less weight.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:20 PM
paul99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillson2Berge2Weinie
His team is the biggest joke of all professional sports. Highest payroll in the league for all of the last seven years and not a sniff of the playoffs, with that being said instead of hiding in shame he's throwing daggers at my G.M, um no.....
Eh! I'm a Montreal fan and I want that the Habs been also recognized amoung the worst managed off NHL since 10 years. They have a fair seat along with NYR and NYI.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:25 PM
sundinfan13

Just to let you guys know, and I understand the season just started, but DiPietro is looking very good this season. If he stays like this (probably won't) I would much rather have him then Heatley or Gaborik. Don't count out Dipietro's future yet. Goalies take longer to mature, and DiPietro is still rather young. Considering Snow's GAA is like 10, and Dipietro's is 0, I see Dipietro have a much larger role this season then past seasons.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:31 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Why don't you worry about your own assclown G.M who has had an obscene amount of money to work with and can't still get your team a sniff of a playoff spot. 7 years after this one 4 with him at the helm. Come back to me 15 years from now to tell me Luongo, Jokinen, Heatley for Kvasha, Parrish, Dipietro was a bad trade. See ya in the playoffs, oh wait your a Rag$ fan....

TC. You're total class.

I was simply adding in my two cents to the conversation. I'm certainly not "worrying" about the Islanders or their GM.

You're posts are like the tabloids, you read one you've read them all. Seriously, turn the page and get some new material.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
No need to bash ranger fans, they have enough to worry about, like signing Oveshkin.

Don't worry about him JM. It's all he's got.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:37 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
His team is the biggest joke of all professional sports. Highest payroll in the league for all of the last seven years and not a sniff of the playoffs, with that being said instead of hiding in shame he's throwing daggers at my G.M, um no.....
Wait the Rangers haven't made the playoffs in six years? Wow, thanks for the news flash. Next thing you're going enlighten me about is probably something completely unbelieveable like Arnold Schwarzenegger is governor of California.

Throwing daggers? By pointing out that MM could have had either Heatly or Gaborik and Luongo? No, that's simply engaging in discourse.

Take a deep breath and switch to Sanka.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:35 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Why don't you worry about your own assclown G.M who has had an obscene amount of money to work with and can't still get your team a sniff of a playoff spot. 7 years after this one 4 with him at the helm. Come back to me 15 years from now to tell me Luongo, Jokinen, Heatley for Kvasha, Parrish, Dipietro was a bad trade. See ya in the playoffs, oh wait your a Rag$ fan....
You're like a little girl crying because someone said something you didn't like despite how true it is. Are you this stupid or are you just being ignorant? It's hilarious how you could say all that yet your team is just as pathetic as the Rangers. I don't care however because one thing you, me and everyone esle know, Rangers will always have a chance to win the cup, you can't say that for anyone else specially your team.

I'm glad I got to see my team win when I was old enough to care. I hope maybe you can share that experience one day but right now it seems very unlikely.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:51 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
You're like a little girl crying because someone said something you didn't like despite how true it is. Are you this stupid or are you just being ignorant? It's hilarious how you could say all that yet your team is just as pathetic as the Rangers. I don't care however because one thing you, me and everyone esle know, Rangers will always have a chance to win the cup, you can't say that for anyone else specially your team.

I'm glad I got to see my team win when I was old enough to care. I hope maybe you can share that experience one day but right now it seems very unlikely.

I have to jump in here.

I've heard the overnight host on WFAN J. Benigno(a big ranger fan), brag that because the rangers had such deep pockets and the nhl unlike the nba,had no cap, that the rangers could

1.make bad ufa signings,then if they didn't work out, write them off.
2.take on salary huge dump deals like P.Bure for spare parts/Kovolev for spare parts.

well a caps coming next yr.

The Knicks are a good example of a pro team with deep pocketed owners, that can't buy it's way around a cap.If the rangers deep pockets didn't bring success the last 6 yrs without a cap,I don't see how a cap gives them an edge to" always have a chance to win the cup".

Closed Thread