HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Granato testing new line combos w/ injuries

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 05:11 AM
nathan

vCash: 500
Granato testing new line combos w/ injuries

link

Quote:
The injuries forced Granato to revamp the third and fourth lines for practice, with defenseman Chris McAllister skating at left wing on a unit with center Andrei Nikolishin and rookie right wing Cody McCormick, and Riku Hahl centering a line with left wing Bates Battaglia and right wing Jim Cummins.
???

Old
10-15-2003, 05:13 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

oh man....*bangs head on wall* Bates on the fourth line and Big Mac on the third....... :mad:

Old
10-15-2003, 05:38 AM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

As a Canes fan, it's disappointing to see what's happened to Battaglia. Two years ago, in the playoffs, he was a force along with his 'BBC' linemates Cole and Brindy. In fact I believe he led the Canes in scoring that playoff year(if not then he was top 2). After the Vrbata-Battaglia trade went down, I didn't think Colorado was ripped off at all. I thought Battaglia would be a perfect fit playing beside Sakic or Forsberg ( they could make me look good on their wing ). Hopefully he can get his act together, b/c Battaglia has the ability to be a physical force (ala Deadmarsh) that Col needs for their superstars.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:55 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
I think it is too early to tell if Battaglia is in the doghouse. I can't recall seeing any on-ice reason for it if it is true. Battaglia may not have been a goalscoring machine but at least he tries to play with some energy.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:12 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

yea, I don't why Bates would be in the doghouse. His numbers are disappointing right now, but the effort isn't. He's one of our hardest working players. Why Granato benched him the other night is beyond me. He's going to turn his game around.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

As much of a critic of Bates as I've been, I agree it was a terrible mistake to bench him. I have to admit, while the size of those bottom two lines is impressive, their speed is not. Hopefully Granato can teach them a thing or two about aggressive forechecking.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:40 AM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

Beside the "super 6", do any other forwards get any PP time for Colorado? I know Battaglia was very effective in Carolina on the PP, using his size in front of the net.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:56 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyByngJeanRatelle
Beside the "super 6", do any other forwards get any PP time for Colorado? I know Battaglia was very effective in Carolina on the PP, using his size in front of the net.
He was used there at some points last season. I'd like to see Granato give that another shot. We have so much firepower on both units, it couldn't hurt to put a big body in front of the net to screen and pick up some garbage goals.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:07 AM
Sakic19

Does anybody else think McAllister on the wing is safer than Mac on D? Personally, I think the less defensive responsiblity he has the better.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic19
Does anybody else think McAllister on the wing is safer than Mac on D? Personally, I think the less defensive responsiblity he has the better.
Actually, the few minutes he spent on wing in the B&W game resulted in a goal. So it couldn't hurt.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:27 AM
avs1dacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic19
i don't mind him playing d AS LONG AS he's no more than the #6. once skoula gets healthy, he won't be in the lineup unless it's as a #12 forward. BUT, unless skoula is going to be back, i'd rather he take that #6 spot and give the #12 forward spot to someone else(anythig to keep smith out of the lineup)

Old
10-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Jori

The Avs finally updated the injury status of the players on their website. Hinote, Worrell and Skoula are all listed as day-to-day, Svatos on the other hand is out indefinately. The Avs haven't recalled anybody outside of Smith at this point, so there is hope that Marek's injury isn't too serious.

The fact that both DJ Smith and McAllister are likely to be in the lineup tomorrow makes me want to

Get healthy soon boys

Old
10-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
The fact that both DJ Smith and McAllister are likely to be in the lineup tomorrow makes me want to
Turn green and lose all your teeth? That sounds about right. At least the news, or lack of, so far seems somewhat hopeful on Svatos, it would be tragic if that was all we got to see of him this year.

I don't mind McAllister getting some minutes while Worrell is out, but hopefully we won't have to use him much otherwise. It is cool to see him and Kariya standing next each other, though.

Closed Thread