HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi to NYR?

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2005, 09:39 PM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
WAAAAAIT a minute.

Why on earth do the Rangers would want to improve their team with the good chemistry they have atm?

They have an amazing Goaltender as Lundqvist
Defence is playing well ...beside Poti
And their scoring kick arse.Jagr, Prucha,Straka,Nylander,Rucinski are 5 dangerous players.

Im not a rangers fan, but i would be sooo happy to see the rangers play like that.I wouldnt want Bertuzzi.He doesnt fit the new chemistry.One superstar like Jagr is enough in NY.No needs of multiple superstars to break chemistry.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
If that was the case, none of us would have any faith in what he reports.
You know JAS - I was going to reply originally, "God, I hope am at LEAST a bit more credible than Larry Brooks!" - but you did that for me.

Well done!

Old
12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Vancouver board is talking Bertuzzi to Florida. He looks good tonight.
i like the edits ya jackoff

brooks, code/eklund?? whoever these scrubs are, those were the people i was talking about who talked a lot and never delivered anything

Old
12-09-2005, 09:41 PM
gdflynn1*

Anyone just see hasek caught out in no mans land on that shorty?

Old
12-09-2005, 09:42 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
You know JAS - I was going to reply originally, "God, I hope am at LEAST a bit more credible than Larry Brooks!" - but you did that for me.

Well done!
park, you think the rangers will end up giving immonen in a deal like that?

i can't see why they would have to give up much more value then they are assuming bert has a huge contract making it almost a burden in that regard

Old
12-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall

i can't see why they would have to give up much more value then they are assuming bert has a huge contract making it almost a burden in that regard
It certainly is a burden. I don't know if they would include him - honestly have nothing to base it on. I would assume they would try to avoid it if they could.

Florida has also been rumored with Bertuzzi - Keenan loves him. There was a bigger deal discussed a few days back that also included Jovo going to Florida as well - for a package of talent. One rumor even had Loungo going with two other players for Jovo/Bertuzzi/Cloutier.
I think that would be a horrible trade for Florida.

Old
12-09-2005, 10:01 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Some gems from the Vancouver board on Bertuzzi:

Quote:
How much longer are we going to hold out hope that Bert regains the form that made him the Premier PF in the game. I just don't think it ever going to happen.

The body language tells me the guy (Bertuzzi) is just flat out disinterested.
Sign me up!

Old
12-09-2005, 10:05 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Well done!
Eh, no problem. Forget Bertuzzi...I wanna know how we are going to be able to make the playoffs and still trade for a top five pick??

Old
12-09-2005, 10:11 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall

Here's the thing I find infuriating about rumors. This is somewhat parallel to the Mets and Lastings Milledge. A beat writer will drop info like "team A and Team B are talking about a deal which involves super prospect C...." , well team A wants super prospect C and team B says no, but that means that they were discussing a deal about super prospect C. I'm not saying Park#2 has done this, but just because Vancouver likes Immonen, doesn't mean the Rangers are prepared to give him up. And, I'll qualify that, too - if draft day comes around, and the Rangers can use Immonen as chip to get, say Mueller, I'm not against that, much like I wouldn't be against moving Immonen in a deal for someone like Brad Richards.

Old
12-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Yizee*

Jagr was playing horrible on washington when the Rangers got him and that worked out just fine - I think the Rangers will continue to work hard I dont see why a new teammate would screw it up - and if they got cloutier that would rock

Old
12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Why Weekes? Him and Lundqvist get along well and he's a good mentor for Henrik. I would NOT trade Weekes by any means right now unless your getting Brodeur in return.

Lets see NO to trading Immonen.

Old
12-09-2005, 11:34 PM
in the hall

no way does weekes make or break a deal

Old
12-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Pizza

Stranger things have happened fer sure, but I just don't see this happening.

Old
12-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Finally, on Weekes - the Canucks would ask for that swap (cloutier for him), not the Rangers.
LOL, the Canucks would have absolutely no interest in Kevin Weekes. He was run out of town after he was late for practice one time and made some lame *** excuse about how he was mugged on his way. Kevin Weekes is a bum, he's not wanted anywhere near Vancouver.

Old
12-10-2005, 12:00 AM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
Why Weekes? Him and Lundqvist get along well and he's a good mentor for Henrik. I would NOT trade Weekes by any means right now unless your getting Brodeur in return.

Lets see NO to trading Immonen.
Getting Brodeur in return???? Getting Brodeur in return??? Did you just say getting Brodeur in return??? Sit down and think about that for a minute, and you will realize that NY is the LAST, and by that I mean out of all 30 teams in the NHL, as well as all the NHL and every league in Europe,team that Brodeur would get traded to. The Devils are MAXED out at the cap, and Brodeur makes over 5 mil a season. Why would we help them out of that situation? It doesn't even translate to a better situation ON the ice right now, and it makes for a terrible one of it. Brodeur is the ENEMY. Every chance we've ever had to bring in the ENEMY, from Driver to Holik, Trottier, MacLean, and Lindros, have ALL blown up in our face. I would not trade Weekes for Brodeur even up right now, and I don't even LIKE Weekes. I do like the Devils stuck in a cap nightmare after all the pissing and moaning about cost certainty and how teams need to be fiscally responsible. I don't want to help them at all. Let them be forced to move assets like Friesen for virtually nothing just to get under the cap when Elias is healthy. I'm getting quite a kick out of it.

Old
12-10-2005, 12:02 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Getting Brodeur in return???? Getting Brodeur in return??? Did you just say getting Brodeur in return??? Sit down and think about that for a minute, and you will realize that NY is the LAST, and by that I mean out of all 30 teams in the NHL, as well as all the NHL and every league in Europe,team that Brodeur would get traded to. The Devils are MAXED out at the cap, and Brodeur makes over 5 mil a season. Why would we help them out of that situation? It doesn't even translate to a better situation ON the ice right now, and it makes for a terrible one of it. Brodeur is the ENEMY. Every chance we've ever had to bring in the ENEMY, from Driver to Holik, Trottier, MacLean, and Lindros, have ALL blown up in our face. I would not trade Weekes for Brodeur even up right now, and I don't even LIKE Weekes. I do like the Devils stuck in a cap nightmare after all the pissing and moaning about cost certainty and how teams need to be fiscally responsible. I don't want to help them at all. Let them be forced to move assets like Friesen for virtually nothing just to get under the cap when Elias is healthy. I'm getting quite a kick out of it.
hes making the point that weekes is untouchable in his eyes, didnt at all imply the rangers should go after martaaaaaaan

Old
12-10-2005, 12:03 AM
SML

Fair enough.

Old
12-10-2005, 12:46 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
Lastly, I sure hope he is right: I agree Bert gives us something we need.
He does have qualities that we could use, but there are major, major issues. I just see so much baggage coming with this deal. Sure, Hossa and Poti for Bert sounds good. Throw in names like Moore, Immonen and Weekes and it totally changes your team. Moore is a 4th line center, but he is also one of the leaders of the 2nd best PK in the league. Weekes is a part of one of the top 4 goalie tandums in the league. Immonen is one of the only center prospects in the organization. Add all of that up and this is a worse team after the deal. And before I get bombarded with replies, I understand it wouldn't be all of those names in the deal together, its just scary to think how much impact each single player has on the success of this team. And forget about the cup this year. I said it before, the only trade that gets the cup is Heatley and Spezza if only by dismantling the Sens.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Block More Shots

I understand that all of you have been set on dealing Poti for awhile now but look at how he's played the last 10 games or so. He's been pretty solid and hasn't been making nearly as many mistakes as he was in the first 15 games.

I don't think we should trade Tom unless it's a great deal for us...he hasn't been hurting us to the point where we're going to lose games. It seems like he responded well to Renney's comments/benching (even though at first it didn't look good).

I like Bertuzzi but why change a winning formula? When we string together 5 or 6 losses, THEN you start worrying!

Old
12-10-2005, 08:19 AM
in the hall

what?

poti has been better but he still hasnt been GOOD

get the eff out of here if youre telling me POTI is going to stop a good deal

Old
12-10-2005, 08:29 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
look at how [Poti's] played the last 10 games or so. He's been pretty solid and hasn't been making nearly as many mistakes as he was in the first 15 games.
Poti has always been capable of putting together a string of pretty good games. The problem is that he inevitably drops back into his very mediocre self. He's simply not the sum of a bunch of very good parts, and the only thing that string of decent games should encourage the Rangers to do is deal him. Perhaps that string can fool another team into thinking Poti's finally put it all together and will do so consistently.

That said I do not want Bertuzzi.

Old
12-10-2005, 09:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Bertuzzi is a soap opera.His hit on Steve Moore is deplorable and the reaction by Brian Burke was even more pathetic-Moore fell on his stick

Old
12-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Eklund posts the rumor and gets ripped.

to all the newbs park was a guy a few years ago that would post breaking stories as his own news and lie about expected trades. Somethings never change but i'm not surprised some people around here believe him.

It's actually kinda funny.
This is the silliest thing that i have ever heard. What is funny is that someone floats around these message boards and calls people a "liar." That is funny. You don't want to believe the posts, don't.

You have no idea whom I am, or what I do - likewise me with you. Clearly you have little idea as to the reality of professional sports. Just because a team might discuss a player with another team doesn't mean a trade is likely. Hence the term "rumor." The majority of rumors NEVER lead to a trade.

What is really sad is that instead of just reading a message, you have so little self esteem that you have to run around challenging the validity of other posts. Does it make you feel better to read a post and reply, "liar"? I've never gotten on these boards and argued that people have to believe me. Take the post for what it is.

I saw elsewhere that you said, "he posts to get attention." I am someone that has worked in this business for the last 25 years. Do you honestly believe that an adult would come to a message board looking for attention? If you do, I think its pretty clear then what your agenda is. It's rather sad. All I would ask is that you grow up a little, and not let a post about trade talks have such a major affect on your life.

Old
12-10-2005, 09:53 AM
rw88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Eklund posts the rumor and gets ripped.

to all the newbs park was a guy a few years ago that would post breaking stories as his own news and lie about expected trades. Somethings never change but i'm not surprised some people around here believe him.

It's actually kinda funny.
I'm not saying the I hear all the rumors that he posts, but in his defense, only a small precentage of discussed trades actually happen. For instance, I don't post any trade rumors that I hear becuase of this reason, but before the season started there were some rumors of a Jagr for Malikn trade. It made sence for both teams after Crosby wen to the pens, but I only heard it from the Pittsburgh people and not from one NY source. Obviously, it never happened, and I'm not sure it was even discussed. These things happen all the time. I know for a fact that Weeks ws alomst dealt to Tampa earlier in the year, but Sather couldn't get a good enough golie from another team to make it happen...and I was told it was done deal. Hey..Park might be full of cr@p, but he might not be. If I told you the rumor I heard last night..EVERYONE on this sight would call me a liar..

Old
12-10-2005, 09:54 AM
True Blue

Let's just take a step back and examine this for a second

For argument's sake, let's just say that what Park says has merit. Am I thinking too much or would this almost be addittion by subtraction? I am not advocating the trade for Bert, I just want to examine the pieces. If the trade were to be Poti/Hossa/Moore for Bert, it may have merit on several fronts. First of all, much needed space would be created. Poti's departure would mean that both Strudwick and Drats would be able to be dressed. Hossa and Moore leaving would mean that Hollweg finds his way into the lineup. For the rest of this year, you would be looking at this:
Rucinsky-Straka-Jagr Malik-Rozsival
Prucha-Nylander-Bert Kasper-Drats
Niemo-Betts-Ward Tyutin-Strudwick
Ortmeyer-Rucchin-Hollweg

Now here comes next year. Rucinsky, Neimo & Rucchin are gone. As is Rozsival. IMO, there is a Moore clone waiting in Hartford in Hielminen. BTW, he is currently showing more of a scoring touch than Moore has ever shown in Hartford. Immonen would probably be ready to step in as well. So next year looks like this:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr Malik-Tyutin
Prucha-Immonen-Bert Kasper-Drats
Ortmeyer-Betts-Ward Baranka-Pock/Lampman
Hollweg-Heilminen-Orr (???) Strudwik serves a 7th defenseman

IMO, does that really look all that bad? In Bert, there is a real phyisical battering ram presence as a top 6 forward. And he will create a lot of space for Prucha. It would appear to be a good mixture of vets and yoots and finesse and grit.
Now here's the other point. Let's say this deal was to go down this year. If things go really south, the Rangers coud turn around and flip Bert to some playoff contending team and get a very good return.
This is all just pontification. I am not advocating that we trade for him. Just simply presenting some scenarios.

Closed Thread