HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi to NYR?

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
I'm not saying the I hear all the rumors that he posts, but in his defense, only a small precentage of discussed trades actually happen. For instance, I don't post any trade rumors that I hear becuase of this reason, but before the season started there were some rumors of a Jagr for Malikn trade. It made sence for both teams after Crosby wen to the pens, but I only heard it from the Pittsburgh people and not from one NY source. Obviously, it never happened, and I'm not sure it was even discussed. These things happen all the time. I know for a fact that Weeks ws alomst dealt to Tampa earlier in the year, but Sather couldn't get a good enough golie from another team to make it happen...and I was told it was done deal. Hey..Park might be full of cr@p, but he might not be. If I told you the rumor I heard last night..EVERYONE on this sight would call me a liar..
at least you are credible. if you posted a rumor people would understand that sometimes they don't come true. Park has yet to post anything that has come true....... I MEAN ANYTHING.

Old
12-10-2005, 09:58 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Back on topic please everyone. Whether or not Park is legitimate is not the topic.

12-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
I know I am going to be criticized for saying this but, if Immonen is not involved and it is Poti, Hossa, Weekes and a 3rd Rd Pick or something, I don't see how you pass up a player of his caliber...
WHAT CALIBER? Look at Bertuzzi's career stats. He's way overhyped. He's only had 2 seasons over 80 points. The rest were 60 and below and he's only scored over 30 goals twice (same two seasons, 2001-2002 and 2002-2003) and that's playing with Naslund. Remember when Kevin Stevens had over 100 points playing with Lemieux? Sometimes great players make mediocre ones look better than they are.

There's not a chance he's coming to NYR anytime soon. Especially not with Weekes in the package. I don't think the Rangers have any problem with two hot goalies this year.

Bertuzzi's stats here: http://www.nhl.com/players/8459444.html

Old
12-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-NYR-9968
WHAT CALIBER? Look at Bertuzzi's career stats. He's way overhyped. He's only had 2 seasons over 80 points. The rest were 60 and below and he's only scored over 30 goals twice (same two seasons, 2001-2002 and 2002-2003) and that's playing with Naslund. Remember when Kevin Stevens had over 100 points playing with Lemieux? Sometimes great players make mediocre ones look better than they are.
Good point...I could see Poti being dealt in another situation (possibly for picks/prospects) but not in a deal for Bert. I've been impressed with Poti the last string of games but many people believe that he'll just fall right back into slumping and making a lot of mistakes. Just like Bretzky said, Bertuzzi is a solid power forward but he hasn't put up the numbers (besides the two 80 point seasons) that people would've expected from him. I've love to see what he could do in a change of scenery but a deal isn't necessary just yet.

Old
12-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Fletch

They were only two..

spectacular NHL seasons, but they were effectively his last two 'full' NHL seasons, and prior to that he scored 25 goals twice as a 24 and 25 year old, as he bagen to hit his strid, and we all know that quite often power forwards take a bit longer to hit their stride than finess guys (see Leclair). Of course, it appears that you can expect those 30 goal seasons to end a bit sooner than with other guys and at 30 years of age, going on 31, Bertuzzi presents a little bit more of a risk.

Old
12-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Park #2

This could be a situation of VAN trying to either motivate Bertuzzi AND/OR driving up market value.

Other teams that I am hearing are interested: FLORIDA (in a bigger deal involving Jovo, Bouwmeester, Loungo, Cloutier), Los Angeles, Montreal (possibly in an exchange for Kovalev). Also heard that there could be a match if all else fails with St. Louis in bad salary exchange.

Jason Allison rumors popping back up -with several teams having interest there.

Old
12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
Good point...I could see Poti being dealt in another situation (possibly for picks/prospects) but not in a deal for Bert. I've been impressed with Poti the last string of games but many people believe that he'll just fall right back into slumping and making a lot of mistakes. Just like Bretzky said, Bertuzzi is a solid power forward but he hasn't put up the numbers (besides the two 80 point seasons) that people would've expected from him. I've love to see what he could do in a change of scenery but a deal isn't necessary just yet.
plus he doesn't play physical anymore

Old
12-10-2005, 12:57 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Bertuzzi is a soap opera.His hit on Steve Moore is deplorable and the reaction by Brian Burke was even more pathetic-Moore fell on his stick
I have to agree. And I don't want him either and don't particularly care for players with motivational problems. It could be also that this guy has already peaked and is on the way down. I do have a question about how long he is signed for--because to me at least Sykora being an UFA at the end of this season is a good thing because it allows us a lot more freedom over the summer. Tying up all kinds of money on Bertuzzi would be doubly bad.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:41 PM
polako

imo, Todd Bertuzzi would not be a good addition to this team...I can see him becoming an angrier, older, more expensive Hossa. I think he reaped huge benefits playing alongside Naslund during his MVP caliber seasons and in the wide open Vancouver system. Sure, Moore is a 3-4th line player...but he is one of our best penalty killers, 2nd ranked penalty killers.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Canucks will not trade Bertuzzi, all this talk is hogwash. The Canucks want to win the cup this year, they would only trade the guy if it made the club better. Seriously how does Poti and Hossa make the Canucks better? it makes them much much worse and would seriously hinder their cup chances. I don't see the Rangers offering anything that would give the Canucks a better chance at winning the cup. End of Story.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
LOL, the Canucks would have absolutely no interest in Kevin Weekes. He was run out of town after he was late for practice one time and made some lame *** excuse about how he was mugged on his way. Kevin Weekes is a bum, he's not wanted anywhere near Vancouver.
Kevin Weekes helped bring a team to the Stanley Cup not too long ago....a feat that im pretty sure Dan Cloutier, Johan Hedberg, or Alex Auld have not accomplished.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
Seriously how does Poti and Hossa make the Canucks better?
addition by subtraction

Old
12-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by polako
Kevin Weekes helped bring a team to the Stanley Cup not too long ago....a feat that im pretty sure Dan Cloutier, Johan Hedberg, or Alex Auld have not accomplished.
Kevin Weekes also managed to do something that Cloutier, Hedberg, or Auld haven't accomplished, lied about being robbed when he missed practice. Easy to say Vancouver management wasn't too happy after that, and shipped him off. Probably rivals the story about Jeff Brown and Kirk McLean.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

well Weekes' tires were stolen this year, and he managed to be on time. maybe he didn't feel comfortable in Vancouver with all the inter-marriage wife-humping that went on.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
LOL, the Canucks would have absolutely no interest in Kevin Weekes. He was run out of town after he was late for practice one time and made some lame *** excuse about how he was mugged on his way. Kevin Weekes is a bum, he's not wanted anywhere near Vancouver.
Haha exactly, weekes is useless and the canucks nor their fans would touch him with a 10 foot pole....and no it's not cause he's black. Not sure what's with the weekes love fest now..a month ago, most rangers fans wanted him traded and now they won't trade him for less than brodeur. Now if you throw in lundqvist in the deal, then maybe some talks can take place.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:50 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
Haha exactly, weekes is useless and the canucks nor their fans would touch him with a 10 foot pole....and no it's not cause he's black. Not sure what's with the weekes love fest now..a month ago, most rangers fans wanted him traded and now they won't trade him for less than brodeur. Now if you throw in lundqvist in the deal, then maybe some talks can take place.
Let's put it this way Weekes is worth 10x what Cloutier is to us. You keep your underachiever and we'll keep our level headed, unopposed to splitting starts, solid when he plays goaltender. How's that sound?

Also yeah keep Bertuzzi and win your cup. I see it has worked out good for you so far.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:00 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Let's put it this way Weekes is worth 10x what Cloutier is to us. You keep your underachiever and we'll keep our level headed, unopposed to splitting starts, solid when he plays goaltender. How's that sound?

Also yeah keep Bertuzzi and win your cup. I see it has worked out good for you so far.
ouch

Old
12-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken

I'd take a lot of goalies over cloutier cause he's going to choke again this year, but weekes is at the bottom of that list. Lundqvist is 100X better than weekes and renney needs a labotomy for splitting starts between them. It should be 75/25 lundqvist.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:15 PM
polako

Quote:
I'd take a lot of goalies over cloutier cause he's going to choke again this year, but weekes is at the bottom of that list. Lundqvist is 100X better than weekes and renney needs a labotomy for splitting starts between them. It should be 75/25 lundqvist.
haha...we disagree about weekes, but that labotomy line was classic! if it was performed, im sure a lot of posters' questions about poti and hossa would be answered as well.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
KFC

hey take it easy on weekes he's a very solid goalie and I think he's just as good, if not better than cloutier and plus he's more consistant(excludin this year with the injuries hes had, and even then he still has been solid), and good under pressure (remember he was a huge part of the carolina team that went to the finals). I'd take weekes any day of the week over coultier

i'd rather see van get kolzig though they'd be much better off.

and i heard that bertuzzi is just playing soft, because hes trying to get traded away. I think if he gets traded somewhere else he'll become a dominant force again.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
These Bert to NYR rumours are NOT coming from Vancouver. The "Rocky Mountain Post" or something is reporting and I believe that is based in Colorado. The Ottawa Sun has also speculated on this rumour.

Old
12-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
I guess you're referring to the reaction after Weekes came back against the Islanders and let up 3 goals on his first three shots, and true to form, most fans freaked out irrationally.

most people now realize that Weekes is necessary, and is good for Lundqvist

Old
12-10-2005, 04:29 PM
monster_bertuzzi

It would take names like Tyutin, Jessiman, Staal, and yes...even Lunqvist if they want a shot at Bertuzzi.

Old
12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
It would take names like Tyutin, Jessiman, Staal, and yes...even Lunqvist if they want a shot at Bertuzzi.

- How 'bout all 4 plus a couple of first rounders for the next few years?

Old
12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi

i would personally burn down madison square garden if lundqvist was ever traded for bertuzzi...if another rangers poster didn't beat me to it.

Closed Thread