HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal from Boston

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2005, 01:45 PM
  #1
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Trade Proposal from Boston

Would you guys consider a trade involving Robert Lang and Glen Murray? Or Zhamnov...

Murray and prospect/pick

for

Lang

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 01:50 PM
  #2
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Wow, this is a tough one. I like Lang and he was our best forward in the playoffs last year but I'd probably make this trade. You'd probably have to take Mowers for salary reasons to make this trade work. So it would be:

Murray + pick/prospect

for

Lang + Mowers (or Rivers if you'd rather get a defenseman).

doublejack is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 02:14 PM
  #3
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
No. Murray is a more expensive Lang except he plays on the wings. Not to mention the extra two years on his contract.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 02:58 PM
  #4
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
I like what Doublejack said

we'll take ANY salary dump along with Lang to even things out.

Murray is only 300k more expensive than Lang.

Not sure how Detroit's depth chart looks, but how's this...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Murray
Shanahan-Williams-Samuelsson
Holmstrom-Draper-Yzerman
Maltby-Franzen-Cleary

pretty solid if you ask me

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
  #5
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
I like what Doublejack said

we'll take ANY salary dump along with Lang to even things out.

Murray is only 300k more expensive than Lang.

Not sure how Detroit's depth chart looks, but how's this...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Murray
Shanahan-Williams-Samuelsson
Holmstrom-Draper-Yzerman
Maltby-Franzen-Cleary

pretty solid if you ask me
I much prefer our current center depth of.
Hudler - Datsyuk - Shanahan
Williams - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Holmstrom - Lang - Yzerman
Maltby - Draper - Franzen
Hudler could be swapped out for Cleary and the wingers shuffled to suit.

Oh and did you realize that Lang is going to be out for most of the month?

norrisnick is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:25 PM
  #6
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
I much prefer our current center depth of.
Hudler - Datsyuk - Shanahan
Williams - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Holmstrom - Lang - Yzerman
Maltby - Draper - Franzen
Hudler could be swapped out for Cleary and the wingers shuffled to suit.

Oh and did you realize that Lang is going to be out for most of the month?
hmmmm nope didn't realize that...

and that really sucks, because I was really hoping that maybe a deal like this could go down

btw, I had no idea Zetterberg was a center and Hudler was a 1st line winger

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
  #7
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
hmmmm nope didn't realize that...

and that really sucks, because I was really hoping that maybe a deal like this could go down

btw, I had no idea Zetterberg was a center and Hudler was a 1st line winger
Zetterberg is most definitely a center and we don't have a 1st line. At best we have three 2nds and a checking line in my setup, but if not we have two 2nds, a checking line, and a 4th.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
  #8
A Good Flying Bird*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
I much prefer our current center depth of.
Hudler - Datsyuk - Shanahan
Williams - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Holmstrom - Lang - Yzerman
Maltby - Draper - Franzen
Hudler could be swapped out for Cleary and the wingers shuffled to suit.

Oh and did you realize that Lang is going to be out for most of the month?
Lang/Yzerman/Holmstrom?

They'd be -50 by the end of the season.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:43 PM
  #9
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
Zetterberg is most definitely a center and we don't have a 1st line. At best we have three 2nds and a checking line in my setup, but if not we have two 2nds, a checking line, and a 4th.
But I thought Zetterberg and Datsyuk played together...oh well.

If Zetterberg is a center, wouldn't that make Lang all the more expendable? Yzerman can still play center as well...

Who would you want in return for Lang if not Murray? Just out of curiousity.

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:45 PM
  #10
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
Lang/Yzerman/Holmstrom?

They'd be -50 by the end of the season.
More reason to trade Lang for Murray

CombatOnContact is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:47 PM
  #11
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Murray is two years younger than Lang and trading Robert for him pretty much guarantees Hank will be at center. And the two make virtually the same money. The extra years on Murray's contract is the biggest drawback imo, wish it was for less money, but it's still worth it I think.

Could you imagine a Shanahan - Datsyuk - Murray line? You gotta give to get.

doublejack is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
  #12
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
But I thought Zetterberg and Datsyuk played together...oh well.

If Zetterberg is a center, wouldn't that make Lang all the more expendable? Yzerman can still play center as well...

Who would you want in return for Lang if not Murray? Just out of curiousity.
They did. Doesn't mean they can't both be centers.

In theory Lang would be expendable but whether he plays on the wing or centers a different line he's making OK money and at only one more year on his deal it makes our team a lot more flexible than being locked into three more years with Murray. Stevie is pretty much done at center full time. He can take draws when needed but he's not cut out for the full on grind.

From Boston? Sturm sounds interesting as a fast, two-way, 20/30 guy. Maybe Slegr/Tanabe as well. Likely nothing you want to part with.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
  #13
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Could you imagine a Shanahan - Datsyuk - Murray line? You gotta give to get.
Yeah, just line up Shanahan - Datsyuk - Lang. Presto.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 03:57 PM
  #14
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
instead of those lines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
I much prefer our current center depth of.
Hudler - Datsyuk - Shanahan
Williams - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Holmstrom - Lang - Yzerman
Maltby - Draper - Franzen
Hudler could be swapped out for Cleary and the wingers shuffled to suit.

Oh and did you realize that Lang is going to be out for most of the month?
Franzen-Datsyuk-Shanny
Williams-Z-Samuelsson
Holmstrom-Lang-Hudler
Maltby-Draper-Yzerman

I prefer having Lang over Murray, also. The extra years are a huge drawback, imo, and I'd rather see the wings pursue a rental scoring winger at the deadline for someone like Maltby, Draper or Holmstrom than dealing Lang for a center. Cup winning teams are usually very strong up the middle, and I really wouldn't want to weaken that for a player like Murray.

Winger98 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 04:03 PM
  #15
Cruiser008
Registered User
 
Cruiser008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
Would you guys consider a trade involving Robert Lang and Glen Murray? Or Zhamnov...

Murray and prospect/pick

for

Lang
I'd do that trade without the slightest hesitation.

Cruiser008 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:15 PM
  #16
GloveSave1
- 1 -
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Another Bruins Q?

I see combat beat me over here...

I just wanted to see if you guys might be interested in Raycroft?
Goalie to build a champ around, and whatnot.

And if so, to what degree?

If not all that interested, then nevermind.

I was thinking of something like this:

Razor and Zhamnov

for

Lang (I know he's hurt), Holmstrom, and Rivers.

Not sure how the money works out? Is this unrealistic?

I don't mind throwing Murray in to make this a super-blockbuster...But we'd have to re-work it to take quite a bit of cash back for one thing.

Maybe subtract rivers and add a better D, or a prospect, if you wanted Murray added?

Well. This is my thought process. If you don't like it maybe suggest something. Thoughts?

GloveSave1 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:27 PM
  #17
8snake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
I watch the B's play a lot on Center Ice and I'd have to say Zhamnov isnt CLOSE to the player us Wing fans have watched and admired in Chicago. I know he's coming off major injury and rehab, but he looks waaaayyy past done. Glove, if you would have come over here with that proposal a couple years ago when Raycroft looked like a young stud and Zhamnov was still considered a top center I'd jump all over that trade in a minute. But Razor has been extremely inconsistent to go along with Zhamnov's unimpressive play. So I'd pass on that particular trade proposal.

8snake is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:37 PM
  #18
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
No. Murray is a more expensive Lang except he plays on the wings. Not to mention the extra two years on his contract.
Murray is more of what we need tho. So in order for this to work, they gotta take mowers or rivers from us... perferably mowers..

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:40 PM
  #19
GloveSave1
- 1 -
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake
I watch the B's play a lot on Center Ice and I'd have to say Zhamnov isnt CLOSE to the player us Wing fans have watched and admired in Chicago. I know he's coming off major injury and rehab, but he looks waaaayyy past done. Glove, if you would have come over here with that proposal a couple years ago when Raycroft looked like a young stud and Zhamnov was still considered a top center I'd jump all over that trade in a minute. But Razor has been extremely inconsistent to go along with Zhamnov's unimpressive play. So I'd pass on that particular trade proposal.
Well. Zhams is a salary dump. Ii seems like the wings would be a nice fit for Zhams, and a place he could contribute when healthy and ready to go. Razor for Holmstrom, Rivers, and Lang (to even contribute to evening the money) is hardly even, so Zhams is part of the something you'd have to give. As for Razor's play, nothing has been his fault, we just want to go with Hannu and Razor has value. When you have the likes of Tanabe and Gill guarding down low...Well...There's not much you can do as a goalie. Shot from the point...Either a save with the occational rebound, or a defletion down low, and they shove it in the open side...Horrible front of the net coverage...Not much Razor can do. In Det...He'd be fine. Don't know...Think you could work with the Calder winner from our last season of play. I was mainly interested in seeing if DET was interested in finding "that goalie," or if they were satisfied going with Ozzy and Manny for a few years.

It's all fantasy land, but Zhams, Raycroft, and Murray

for

Lang, Holmstrom, ?, and maybe Ozzy or something for money concerns...Trying to get the money and players workable...Gotta go do some research on contracts...

But like I said, any proposal is just for ****es and giggles...Like we're GMs or something!

GloveSave1 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:43 PM
  #20
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
Murray is more of what we need tho. So in order for this to work, they gotta take mowers or rivers from us... perferably mowers..
How is Murray more of what we need? Sure he's two years younger, but really all he is is Lang in a different position. Move Lang to the wing and you get the same effect without adding payroll or two more years of $4M+ in cap space eaten up.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:46 PM
  #21
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1

Razor and Zhamnov

for

Lang (I know he's hurt), Holmstrom, and Rivers.

1. whos nickname is razor?
2. zhamnovi s brutal, and why do we need another centerman? hudler, filppula, williams, zetterberg, lang (if we dont trade), mcgrath... we dont need more centers in this organization, oh yea franzen and draper as well

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:53 PM
  #22
GloveSave1
- 1 -
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Raycroft = Razor

Lang - center
Zhams- center

swap - you wouldn't be adding "another" center.

Raycroft for holmstrom and rivers.

Like I said, still looking up the contract concerns. I'd like to add Murray to the deal if people around here wants him...But then calculating what we get back is tough...Well, it already is.

GloveSave1 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
  #23
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
How is Murray more of what we need? Sure he's two years younger, but really all he is is Lang in a different position. Move Lang to the wing and you get the same effect without adding payroll or two more years of $4M+ in cap space eaten up.
he might be the most thrilling thing, but hes big winger, we have way too many centermans, lang last i knew wasnt a thrilling winger but yet then again who knows... hes a rw, we lack big Rwers in this organization, fram and main roster. Murray would provide some scoring rather then playmaking... he might be overly impressive on the Bs but i think he needs a move anyway...... we can afford some payroll after this year, nik and others are either going down or retiring...

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 05:58 PM
  #24
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1
Raycroft = Razor

Lang - center
Zhams- center

swap - you wouldn't be adding "another" center.

Raycroft for holmstrom and rivers.

Like I said, still looking up the contract concerns. I'd like to add Murray to the deal if people around here wants him...But then calculating what we get back is tough...Well, it already is.

hha thats even more laughable then, howard is our goalie of the future, we will not trade add ins for a goalie we dont need

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
12-08-2005, 06:05 PM
  #25
GloveSave1
- 1 -
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Okay, that's cool.

I have no idea who Howard is. Guess we're even about the whole "Razor" thing

I guess that happens. Best of luck to Howard...Then and there it isn't all that hard to play goal for the Wings. I'm sure he'll be raking in the hardware soon.

I guess it's best to wait till the deadline to hook a fish on Razor and Muzz (Murray) anyways. Someone's taking Zhamnov for one or both of those guys, that's all I know!

GloveSave1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.