HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

ottawa senators: please kick the **** out of the flames

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Phanuthier*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear57
A 1000 times a day?

Time to get a life ....
... I, uh... don't think he was, umm...

oh never mind

Old
12-10-2005, 02:33 PM
OilKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear57
A 1000 times a day?

Time to get a life ....
Thanks for the advice and your excellent post.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Bear57

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller
Thanks for the advice and your excellent post.
You're welcome.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Zaddik

Send a message via MSN to Zaddik
i enjoy it when fans support teams that form their entire gameplan on a 'defensively positional game' don't consider it a trap.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:04 PM
guzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_LaRue
Dude, the Canucks are a good team, and all things being equal your team is probably a little better. But we're good, and there is no shame in losing to us in G.M. Place. You will destroy the Flames, I assure you.
This will be a close game and there will be no destroying of anybody.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:06 PM
guzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone77
Key to the game is breaking that trap.
Ottawa traps as much as Calgary does.

Thanks for coming out.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:10 PM
guzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaddik
i enjoy it when fans support teams that form their entire gameplan on a 'defensively positional game' don't consider it a trap.
Wow you don't know anything

Keeping a team on the perimeter, taking away close-in shots and clearing rebounds.....I didn't know that was trapping. \

Do you even know what the trap is? Do you know how it is employed. Do you know that is short for the "neutral zone trap" and if you have players forechecking you can't set up a "trap" because your players are pressuring the defenders to make bad passes and rely on turnovers. Your abundance of wisdom is amazing. Thanks

Old
12-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy
Ottawa traps as much as Calgary does.

Thanks for coming out.
Ottawa doesn't trap at all anymore - but this statements still stands I guess, cuz as I see the Flames don't really trap either.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy
Do you even know what the trap is? Do you know how it is employed. Do you know that is short for the "neutral zone trap" and if you have players forechecking you can't set up a "trap" because your players are pressuring the defenders to make bad passes and rely on turnovers. Your abundance of wisdom is amazing. Thanks
Exactly

Every team traps. If you don't trap, none of your players are skating backwards, and your probably playing strictly man-to-man defense.

What they probably mean is dump-and-chase, which for some biazzare reason is used interchangably with the trap.

Do the Flames dump and chase? Yup... cycle the puck down low, when you finally get a shot, jam away in the crease.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:20 PM
CheeseSandwich*

Flames trap more then Jaques Cousteau.

Which brings up an interesting point. Do you think it's a coincidence that the 3 most famous trappers are all named Jaques?

Cousteau, Martin and Lemaire.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone77
Flames trap more then Jaques Cousteau.

Which brings up an interesting point. Do you think it's a coincidence that the 3 most famous trappers are all named Jaques?

Cousteau, Martin and Lemaire.
What? Jacques Cousteau wasn't a trapper. He was an oceanographer.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Yes but defensively positional game is more appealing than trap like sanitation engineer is more appealing than garbage man.

Edit: Okay, I'll add that I think the Flames are a very good team but not very exciting to watch unless you're a Flames' fan of course. But hey, they find a way to win and I suppose that's all that matters in the end.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Air

Chris Simon was last week's guest. I'll be damned if there's another Flame on After Hours when there's so many interesting Sens to choose from.

Anyway, glad to see that we've garnered the support of Canuck and Oiler fans alike.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:41 PM
discostu

Guys, keep level heads, and make sure to not attack other posters. There have been a few things in this thread that I'm not happy about. Consider this thread on notice.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:54 PM
incawg

Quote:
Wild fans have been using the "defensively positional game" argument for years, it's just that everyone has learned to ignore their cries

Defensive hockey is what it is, and I personally find it boring. But if you're the fan of a team that plays it, be it the devils, wild, or flames, it's not really surprising that you'd defend (pun intended!) your team's style.

Old
12-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
Guys, keep level heads, and make sure to not attack other posters. There have been a few things in this thread that I'm not happy about. Consider this thread on notice.
Sorry discostu, I was just cracking a joke. He kind of reminds me of one of my profs, getting distracted by himself...

Trap... hey, alot of Jaques trap... Jacques Cousteau trap... I remember Social Studies in high school... I remember this one time in high school, I got in trouble for mocking the teacher... oh, I remember doing To Kill a Mocking bird in English... wow, English is really universal, I went to Croatia last summer, very nice place... anyone ever been to Croatia? I like liked Czechoslavia better... remember in 1998 when Hasek stoned Team Canada...??? Hey, wasn't Hasek a great pickup for the Senators? ... I wonder if he'll be up to the task against a trapping Flames team...

Old
12-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier
Sorry discostu, I was just cracking a joke. He kind of reminds me of one of my profs, getting distracted by himself...

Trap... hey, alot of Jaques trap... Jacques Cousteau trap... I remember Social Studies in high school... I remember this one time in high school, I got in trouble for mocking the teacher... oh, I remember doing To Kill a Mocking bird in English... wow, English is really universal, I went to Croatia last summer, very nice place... anyone ever been to Croatia? I like liked Czechoslavia better... remember in 1998 when Hasek stoned Team Canada...??? Hey, wasn't Hasek a great pickup for the Senators? ... I wonder if he'll be up to the task against a trapping Flames team...

That's a classic tangent right there!

Old
12-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller

Please give it a rest. The Flames are a pressure forecheck team. They do not trap.

God this is getting old.
I'm not the one that came up with that nick but it's a lot easier to say the Calgary Wild than to go into an explanation of how they're a defense first, defensively positional or if you prefer pressure forecheck team.

Call it what you want that doesn't change the fact they play a very gritty but smothering game; my 'Nucks could learn a lesson or two from the Flames' work ethic.

Nothing wrong with being a trappy team... better than being a crappy team.

Old
12-11-2005, 01:18 PM
sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_LaRue
Dude, the Canucks are a good team, and all things being equal your team is probably a little better. But we're good, and there is no shame in losing to us in G.M. Place. You will destroy the Flames, I assure you.

Wow nnice call johnnnny.....

Closed Thread