HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - December 10th: Ottawa at Calgary

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 01:04 PM
nneate

vCash: 500
GDT - December 10th: Ottawa at Calgary

TV: CBC HNIC! 10:00pm est.

Ottawa Senators 26 GP 21 W 4 L 1 OT 43
Powerplay: 21.6% Penalty Kill: 86.7%

vs

Calgary Flames 30 GP 17 W 9 L 4 OT 38
Powerplay: 15.6% Penalty Kill: 81.8%

Game Stories:

Calgary has won 3 of it's last 4 games.
Kiprusoff gets the start tonight.

Can the senators rebound from last night?
Will Emery get the nod?
Will the Big line (who was held pointless last night) chip in against a rock solid Calgary defense?

Old
12-10-2005, 01:13 PM
nneate

After last night, I'm abit worried about this one. From what I seen we were shut down pretty handedly by Mattias Ohlund, and solid goaltending from Auld.

Tonight, we will be up against a stronger defense, and stronger goaltending in Regehr and Kiprusoff then we were at Vancouver.

We took way too many penalties as a result of lazy playing, and the only thing that kept us in the game was Hasek and our exceptional PK. Our powerplay was absolutly brutal as well, and if special teams are as big a factor tonight as they were last night, we are in for a rough one.

Langkow and Iginla are on somewhat of a hotstreak lately, while our Top guns during the last game were cooled off. Hopefully they will rebound, and hopefully Redden will be back tonight.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:17 PM
DEATHtrap

I can hear the Hockey Night in Canada theme music now......

Old
12-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
The Sens have yet to lose back to back, and I think they'll bounce back tonight. I can't see another poor effort. The way I see it we were lucky to even get a point last night, so they should take it and run with it.

I expect a much better game from the boys. We'll see what they're made of at least anyway. I think they'll pull through, we just need to STAY OUT THE PENALTY BOX.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:28 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Hopefully the boys will shot the puck at the net more tonight. Heatley missing the net high in the shoot-out was a perfect example of how the sens game went last night. Everything passes, shots were just missing their inteded targets by inches.

Is redden for sure playing tonight? that would be such a huge boost for the team after the ot loss last night.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Steveorama

3-1 Sens.
I predict a much more impressive game from Heatley and Spezza and a stronger work ethic from the Sens.
Go Sens Go.

Old
12-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth
Is redden for sure playing tonight? that would be such a huge boost for the team after the ot loss last night.
According to TSN he's questionable for the game. I've read one post here on the boards that said that he'll return vs. Colorado.

- Spezza needs to rebound from his bad performance vs the Nucks
- stay out of the box
- Haskek awesome last night, but I would to see Emery in net

Old
12-10-2005, 01:48 PM
wilka91*

My prediction :

Calgary wins by 2, likely 4-2. Shots on goal : Ott 35, Cgy 27.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:28 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate
After last night, I'm abit worried about this one. From what I seen we were shut down pretty handedly by Mattias Ohlund, and solid goaltending from Auld.
Auld was ok, but we didn't really challenge him all that much either.

I wasn't impressed with Vancouver's defence as much as I was by their forwards coming back to clog the slot/crease area.

We rarely got any odd-man rushes the entire game because they played a pretty solid two-way game, and we weren't showing the same willingness to skate.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate
Langkow and Iginla are on somewhat of a hotstreak lately, while our Top guns during the last game were cooled off. Hopefully they will rebound, and hopefully Redden will be back tonight.
Actually, before Iginla's 2 goal game in NJ, he was on a 9-game scoring draught.

Langkow and Huselius hot. Reinprecht, Kobasew, Simon, Donovan, Iginla (depending on how you see it) and Leopold are cold.

Hamrlik is out (knee injury), Lombardi is a long shot possibility to return, but will probably sit since the Flames don't play for another week.

I'll predict a low scoring game... 2-1 probably, not sure for who though. Possibly OT or SO.

Should be a good one!

Old
12-10-2005, 02:33 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

The big question tonight will be whether they call every tiny little marginal thing or not.

If they don't, our players will be a bit confused, after playing under the strictest refereeing I've seen since early October only last night.

I don't care if they call it or if they don't.

As long as we get some consistency.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
The big question tonight will be whether they call every tiny little marginal thing or not.

If they don't, our players will be a bit confused, after playing under the strictest refereeing I've seen since early October only last night.

I don't care if they call it or if they don't.

As long as we get some consistency.
I think you'll see it hold up a couple games.

... talk about a bad time to insert Bryan Marchment into the lineup. I predict 11 minutes in penelties for Marchment alone (maybe 5 will be for a kneeing major lol)

Old
12-10-2005, 02:43 PM
kjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenJen#9
The Sens have yet to lose back to back, and I think they'll bounce back tonight. I can't see another poor effort. The way I see it we were lucky to even get a point last night, so they should take it and run with it.

I expect a much better game from the boys. We'll see what they're made of at least anyway. I think they'll pull through, we just need to STAY OUT THE PENALTY BOX.
Definitely the Sens will be out to prove themselves. Which might actually help with staying out of the penalty box ... PeterSidorkiewicz argued in NyQuil's Silver Lining thread that the penalties were mostly due to laziness and the Sens not moving their feet.

Will be a fun one to watch.

Old
12-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Release The Lehner

Quote:
Hopefully the boys will shot the puck at the net more tonight. Heatley missing the net high in the shoot-out was a perfect example of how the sens game went last night. Everything passes, shots were just missing their inteded targets by inches.

Auld actually stopped him. On the replay they showed it hit Auld in the shoulder and deflected over the net.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:36 PM
oilers44

anyone know yet if emery will be starting or will it be hasek?

Old
12-10-2005, 04:19 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
Auld actually stopped him. On the replay they showed it hit Auld in the shoulder and deflected over the net.
Did he really? I've been at work all day and haven't seen the replays, but from what i saw last night it looked like he just missed. Anyway it still supports my inches off theory.

Hopefully Calgary will go big line to big line against us. Was anyone else disappointed not seeing Naslund and co. against the pizza line.

Old
12-10-2005, 04:27 PM
OilKiller

Quote:
Hopefully Calgary will go big line to big line against us.
With the way that Sutter mixes and matches lines, you might have trouble figuring out which one is the top line. I suppose the line with Iginla on it, although sometimes he is double shifted as well.

Old
12-10-2005, 04:28 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs
Definitely the Sens will be out to prove themselves. Which might actually help with staying out of the penalty box ... PeterSidorkiewicz argued in NyQuil's Silver Lining thread that the penalties were mostly due to laziness and the Sens not moving their feet.

Will be a fun one to watch.

Well I wasn't trying to argue with Nyquil, at least I didn't think I was. Watching the game I just felt like the Sens were beaten to pucks, and werent moving their feet, thus causing all those fricken penalties. I am positive we'll bounce back big tonight.

Old
12-10-2005, 04:38 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller
With the way that Sutter mixes and matches lines, you might have trouble figuring out which one is the top line. I suppose the line with Iginla on it, although sometimes he is double shifted as well.
Interesting, i haven't seen calgary play more than a handful of times. I was one of the few canadians who didn't really care that the flames were in the finals.

Is the mixing of the lines viewed as a good thing in Calgary? The Pittsburgh board want to fire their coach because he hasn't really distingushed any lines (among other reasons).

Old
12-10-2005, 04:43 PM
OilKiller

Quote:
Is the mixing of the lines viewed as a good thing in Calgary? The Pittsburgh board want to fire their coach because he hasn't really distingushed any lines (among other reasons).
Well, because of the Flames offensive woes this season, Sutter has juggled the lines somewhat from game to game. Sutter likes to see how guys are playing on any given night and give more ice time to those that are performing better than others.

Sometimes I wish he would stick with certain lines, but his method does prove to work on many nights. Guess we'll see.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Roy G Biv*

Spezza and Heatley are going to be pounded by Reghyr (sp) and Phaneuf all night long... Hope they are ready for it.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:17 PM
DEATHtrap

Quote:
Originally posted by Zamboner
Spezza and Heatley are going to be pounded by Reghyr (sp) and Phaneuf all night long... Hope they are ready for it.
Honestly, I hope so....maybe they may take the game seriously and actually play with some determination..If they struggle, Murray should split them up. My suggestion:

Heatly/Fisher/Bochenski
Varada/Spezza/Aflie

Something like that for a shift or two. The big line will be split up sooner than later anyway to add more scoring depth in the absence of Havlat.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
Reghyr (sp)
Ouch... that's worse then Jerome Iginla and Mika Kipersof

Old
12-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier
Ouch... that's worse then Jerome Iginla and Mika Kipersof
Give me a break, I'm lazy, and it's an awkward name.

Regehr?

Stop being the spelling police and go make a GDT for your ghost-town of a board...

Last edited by Roy G Biv*: 12-10-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old
12-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Bileur

I'm interested to see how Emery is going to deal with the net crashing style. Could be a scappy game if he gets pissed. (It always escalates once the goalie gets in it)

Closed Thread