HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - December 10th: Ottawa at Calgary

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Roy G Biv*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
I'm interested to see how Emery is going to deal with the net crashing style. Could be a scappy game if he gets pissed. (It always escalates once the goalie gets in it)
You know if it was Emery that Bertuzzi flopped onto last night, **** would have hit the fan.

Old
12-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
You know if it was Emery that Bertuzzi flopped onto last night, **** would have hit the fan.
Steve Moore would definetely have liked the results.

Old
12-10-2005, 05:58 PM
TheKingPin

I am a Flyers fan, we just played Calgary. There was one poster earlier who said that you guys are gonna get pounded. I have to agree on that Calgary HITS and hits HARD. Phanuef is in the "running" for rookie of the yearfor this sole purpose. THe Flyers responed and won. Calgary actually said that was the first time they got out hit. From what I remeber the Senators are not very responsive ot phyiscal play, Toronto, dont know if thats changed. So good luck because an injury is most likely a probability than a possiblitly

Old
12-10-2005, 06:01 PM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
I am a Flyers fan, we just played Calgary. There was one poster earlier who said that you guys are gonna get pounded. I have to agree on that Calgary HITS and hits HARD. Phanuef is in the "running" for rookie of the yearfor this sole purpose. THe Flyers responed and won. Calgary actually said that was the first time they got out hit. From what I remeber the Senators are not very responsive ot phyiscal play, Toronto, dont know if thats changed. So good luck because an injury is most likely a probability than a possiblitly
Yes, it has changed. See the Sens-Kings game as an example.

Ottawa can dish out as much punishment as anyone else in the league.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
That win was a shoot out, and Philly caught the Flames on a bad night. Usually, the Flames keep the shots below 25, but that night, it was something like 40.

I don't think Ottawa wants to play Calgary's physical game, so I expect the shots to be in the 20-25 range. Thus, Ottawa has to capatalize on those chances to win.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier
That win was a shoot out, and Philly caught the Flames on a bad night. Usually, the Flames keep the shots below 25, but that night, it was something like 40.

I don't think Ottawa wants to play Calgary's physical game, so I expect the shots to be in the 20-25 range. Thus, Ottawa has to capatalize on those chances to win.
Ottawa is more physical than Philly, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to play the same game... Especially if it worked for Philly.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
Ottawa is more physical than Philly, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to play the same game... Especially if it worked for Philly.
Colour me impressed if Ottawa can beat Calgary at their own game.

I don't think they can do it, but if they can... it'll make more of a believer out of me.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:52 PM
nneate

Quote:

I don't think they can do it, but if they can... it'll make more of a believer out of me.
It's gonna be one hell of a game, I already got the VCR fired up to record this baby.

I gotta say, i'm looking forward to seeing Phaneuf for the first time, as well as seeing how our defenses compare to one anothers.

Old
12-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate
It's gonna be one hell of a game, I already got the VCR fired up to record this baby.

I gotta say, i'm looking forward to seeing Phaneuf for the first time, as well as seeing how our defenses compare to one anothers.
If you could get it onto CD or something, I'd love to get a copy of it. I'll rebate you if needed.

Hamrlik is out for the Flames which is a huge blow. I was thinking Redden out might balance it out, but looks like Redden is playing. I have to admit I'm a little worried about Marchment suiting up (although you guys are probably more worried), but as long as the Flames keep their game simple, it should be ok.

Old
12-10-2005, 07:46 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Quote:

It'll make a believer out of me too. Saturday night has been Chris Neil night. Him and Fish should be having fun tonight. Flames might be in for a bit of a surprise too.

Old
12-10-2005, 07:56 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Redden back makes me happy.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate

Wow, the VCR! I was expecting DVD or PVR or anything else that is out on the market.

I must admit, I haven't fired up a VCR in a while, but you gotta respect the VCR.

Respect to the VCR. Respect to nneate

Pop Quiz-- What year did the first VCR hit the shelves?

First correct answer gets a phone call from me tomorrow morning, where I'll read Bruce Garrioch's "Rumour's DeJour" to them, over the phone.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild
It'll make a believer out of me too. Saturday night has been Chris Neil night. Him and Fish should be having fun tonight. Flames might be in for a bit of a surprise too.

Wildman,

Give me a breakdown of the Leafs/Stars match. I know you're watching, you're post time coincides with the 2nd intermission. I have only watched the last 3 minutes.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
I must admit, I haven't fired up a VCR in a while, but you gotta respect the VCR.
I'm still using ****ing atenna's and trying to get CBC using impedence matching!

Couple notes...

- Marchment playing with Phaneuf
- expect Regehr/Leopold to pick up the assignment against Heatley/Spezza/Alfredsson, although he said 4 main defenseman would play that line (Warraner/Ference most likely)
- you'll likely see Phaneuf mostly on the PP with Ference, and Marchment alot killing penelties.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:12 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

The powerplay was brutal last night. I hope Redden can bring a spark to it. It will be interesting to see how much he plays.

Emery better be ready.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:15 PM
nneate

Quote:
Wow, the VCR! I was expecting DVD or PVR or anything else that is out on the market.

Respect to the VCR. Respect to nneate

First correct answer gets a phone call from me tomorrow morning, where I'll read Bruce Garrioch's "Rumour's DeJour" to them, over the phone.
Whats that Rico? I couldn't hear you over the latest Meatloaf album on my 8 track sound system.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:37 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:

That depends on what your talking about. The first VCR commonly available to home users came out in 1972. Although sony had developed one in 1964 and released it, it only sold about 100 units because it was stupid expensive. VCR's have been used commercially since the late 50's

Old
12-10-2005, 08:42 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Quote:
Wildman,

Give me a breakdown of the Leafs/Stars match. I know you're watching, you're post time coincides with the 2nd intermission. I have only watched the last 3 minutes.
Heh, i was channel surfing a lot, tbay-nash an interesting one. Dallas is looking good again. Modano-Lehtinen are just big and fast and explosive, they look powerful offensively and strong defensively. They are going to challenge the Sens with the speed of the Canucks and the tenacity of the Flames. Cola just rocked Guerin, didnt think he had it in him.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:42 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

They just said on CBC that Spezza has a hip injury. They said he should play, but they weren't positive.

Game-time decision.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
They just said on CBC that Spezza has a hip injury. They said he should play, but they weren't positive.
Hellllllllooooooooooooooooo Phaneuf/Marchment/Warraner/Regehr...

If I were Murray, I wouldn't play him.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:44 PM
bert

Quote:

Same old Phanuthier same old story. Calgarys the best everyone else sucks excuses excuses.

Anyways i am looking forward to this game Calgary is a very good team and its on HNIC hopefully the sens have a better effort then last night.

Old
12-10-2005, 08:45 PM
The King of Town

Quote:

Phillips released it in 1970, but it only reached the UK market in 1972. Don't know about the American or Canadian market though.

oh, and please refrain from calling!

(yeah, I cheated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCR )

Old
12-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Same old Phanuthier same old story. Calgarys the best everyone else sucks excuses excuses.

Anyways i am looking forward to this game Calgary is a very good team and its on HNIC hopefully the sens have a better effort then last night.
Where did I say that?

Look at the stats... I never said Philly sucks. Just that they got alot of shots on net that game, and usually they keep their shot numbers low.

Don't be a baby

Old
12-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth
That depends on what your talking about. The first VCR commonly available to home users came out in 1972. Although sony had developed one in 1964 and released it, it only sold about 100 units because it was stupid expensive. VCR's have been used commercially since the late 50's

Whats your phone number?

Old
12-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven
Phillips released it in 1970, but it only reached the UK market in 1972. Don't know about the American or Canadian market though.

oh, and please refrain from calling!

(yeah, I cheated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCR )

You're getting a phone call tomorrow too!!!!

Long distance is gonna kill me, hope Brucey keeps it short.

Closed Thread