HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Old
12-31-2015, 07:11 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Absolutely love Schmidt's. One of the cafeteria's (we have three) where I work has Schmidt's visit once a week and they always give me an extra sausage along with the meal you see here but charge me for 1...love it.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 09:15 AM
dahlenrules

vCash: 500
Thanks again everyone.

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 09:45 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Laura Lee/Ajumama is the best. Not out on the streets now because of winter, but if you haven't had her food before seek the truck out in the spring.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2016, 09:56 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

My gf went through the paperwork from the BMV and apparently the registrations were attached to the bag of license plates. I see they both have the same information and at they top they state they are proof of registration. Mystery solved!

Old
01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

01-04-2016, 08:18 PM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

spintheblackcircle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2016, 05:20 AM
teamsaxby

Coming up for the (afternoon) game on February 27th. Figured I'd throw this out there for the HF faithful.

Plan is to grab dinner in Columbus after the game (which will likely be 6PM-ish) before driving back. Can anyone recc a few good local Cbus dinner spots in walking distance from the arena? I have done some homework but it seems to be failing me, or maybe I'm just being too complicated. The Arena District specifically seems to have mostly chain options, which is fine, but I am more interested in local places I haven't tried before. I'm not familiar with downtown Columbus at all, is there a certain area I should check out besides the AD that is in walking distance from the arena so we wouldn't have to move the car? Or is the AD basically the place unless you want to walk 15-20 minutes?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the ignorance. We have a couple hour drive and the 3PM start time made it kind of awkward to plan lunch/dinner. We love trying local places so are doing our best to find to a good dinner spot.

Last edited by teamsaxby: 01-06-2016 at 05:27 AM.
teamsaxby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2016, 05:34 AM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

See the post right above yours. 10 minute walk from the Arena

Old
01-06-2016, 05:38 AM
DJAnimosity
ghosts 'n stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsaxby View Post
Coming up for the (afternoon) game on February 27th. Figured I'd throw this out there for the HF faithful.

Plan is to grab dinner in Columbus after the game (which will likely be 6PM-ish) before driving back. Can anyone recc a few good local Cbus dinner spots in walking distance from the arena? I have done some homework but it seems to be failing me, or maybe I'm just being too complicated. The Arena District specifically seems to have mostly chain options, which is fine, but I am more interested in local places I haven't tried before. I'm not familiar with downtown Columbus at all, is there a certain area I should check out besides the AD that is in walking distance from the arena so we wouldn't have to move the car? Or is the AD basically the place unless you want to walk 15-20 minutes?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the ignorance. We have a couple hour drive and the 3PM start time made it kind of awkward to plan lunch/dinner. We love trying local places so are doing our best to find to a good dinner spot.
Google "Short North". Tons of local options and a 5 minute walk from the arena.

Or, go here: http://shortnorth.org/eat-drink/dinner/

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2016, 06:34 PM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

Checked out Copious in German Village tonite. Meh. Not really impressed

Old
01-06-2016, 06:57 PM
DarkandStormy

Bucks & Pucks (Old Garage Bar) is now closed.

DarkandStormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStorm45 View Post
they were moving in new equipment last week when i drove by, so i'm guessing they're renovating it

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:

If you want more local restaurant fare you will need to head up to the Short North which is easy walking distance from the Arena District. And I mean the smallish eateries north of the North Market. Bar Louie, btw, is part of a chain.

I also like Flat Irons, which is a unique little restaurant about a 10 minute walk straight east of the arena (just east of the Red Roof Inn).

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2016, 08:57 AM
CBJsixtysix
NO SPIN

vCash: 170
Quote:
I was curious about this.. seems like nothing has lasted long in that location for the past 5 years..

CBJsixtysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2016, 10:14 AM
DarkandStormy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJsixtysix View Post
I was curious about this.. seems like nothing has lasted long in that location for the past 5 years..
"Closed" may have been the wrong word. There is wrapping paper in the doors/windows, the patio is completely empty, and the gate to the patio is wide open. Perhaps, as Fro said, it's just time for a renovation? Their website shows nothing and facebook page hasn't been updated since mid December.

Steak Escape by the arena has some hazardous material sign on the outside and they've been closed about a week.

Old
01-07-2016, 10:23 AM
JoeyDangles19

Quote:
Steak Escape by the arena has some hazardous material sign on the outside and they've been closed about a week.
Probably got contaminated by the Chipotle next door

JoeyDangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2016, 08:47 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I'm in Westerville at the corner of Schrock and Cleveland Ave... The police had I have blocked off and we're making traffic for about 500 squad cars to turn from Schrok on to Cleveland and it look like they were turning onto 71... What's going on today?

Old
01-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Tulipunaruusu*

Sounds like a zombie breakout.

Tulipunaruusu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainDotC View Post
I'm in Westerville at the corner of Schrock and Cleveland Ave... The police had I have blocked off and we're making traffic for about 500 squad cars to turn from Schrok on to Cleveland and it look like they were turning onto 71... What's going on today?
Might be the funeral for the Danville police officer that was KIA earlier this week.

Kev22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2016, 12:59 AM
CourtneyDagger50
Pumpkaboo

vCash: 590
Hey guys. I am coming to the game this Saturday.
Is there anywhere around the arena where parking is free? I am going to be driving from Illinois, and after spending a ton on gas, I don't really want to pay a boatload for parking.
If not, what are the average parking rates close to the arena?
Thanks!!!

CourtneyDagger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDagger50 View Post
Is there anywhere around the arena where parking is free? I am going to be driving from Illinois, and after spending a ton on gas, I don't really want to pay a boatload for parking.
Thanks!!!
How long is your definition of 'walking distance'?

02-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Speedy Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDagger50 View Post
Thanks!!!
I used to park for free on weekend evenings on either Chestnut Street or Spring Street between Third and High. However, I don't know if those meters are enforced now on the weekends as it's been a couple years since I parked there (I bought a parking pass at a garage closer to the arena). The further east you head from the arena (past 4th Street), the greater likelihood you'll find free parking on the street, but as with any city, you'd want to be careful walking back to your car after the game, particularly if you are by yourself.

Most garages near the arena are $10 or $15, depending upon how close you want to get.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2016, 12:56 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:

Attending the game the 27th as well. Wife along with 2 kids(20 and 12). Coming from Dayton, we'd like to grab lunch there near the arena before the game. I am a huge craft beer fan, and would love a place with a solid beer list, decent food for the family and not have to venture to far away from the garages/arena. Any suggestions?

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2016, 02:58 PM
DarkandStormy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Attending the game the 27th as well. Wife along with 2 kids(20 and 12). Coming from Dayton, we'd like to grab lunch there near the arena before the game. I am a huge craft beer fan, and would love a place with a solid beer list, decent food for the family and not have to venture to far away from the garages/arena. Any suggestions?
Barley's and Elevator offer "local" beers on tap. Both have good food, too, and are probably 5-10 minute walks from the Arena. Bareburger carries some local beers as well (next door to Barley's).

Old
02-08-2016, 04:43 PM
CourtneyDagger50
Pumpkaboo

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Sanderson View Post
I used to park for free on weekend evenings on either Chestnut Street or Spring Street between Third and High. However, I don't know if those meters are enforced now on the weekends as it's been a couple years since I parked there (I bought a parking pass at a garage closer to the arena). The further east you head from the arena (past 4th Street), the greater likelihood you'll find free parking on the street, but as with any city, you'd want to be careful walking back to your car after the game, particularly if you are by yourself.

Most garages near the arena are $10 or $15, depending upon how close you want to get.
Oh that isn't a bad price.
I am used to Blackhawks prices...

Do I need a parking pass for the garages, or can I just pay as I'm leaving?

CourtneyDagger50 is offline   Reply With Quote