HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster in 2017/18

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2015, 07:29 PM
  #26
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 14,349
vCash: 1310
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
MP-Little-Conner
Petan-Matthews-Roslovic
Burmi-Lowry-Copp
Lemieux/Armia

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrisey-Kostalek
Chariot

Helly
Comrie

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2015, 08:51 PM
  #27
Say What
what say you?
 
Say What's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
If I was the GM, I'd try to sign free agents and purge dead weight. Something like this for 2017/18:

Boedker Scheifele Ehlers
Connor Little Wheeler
Petan Perreault Okposo
Lemieux Lowry Armia


Copp as the 13th, and make hard decisions on Burmistrov, Stafford & Thorburn. Maybe one of those are still a better fit than Petan. Ladd & Peluso, exit stage left.
Boedker & Okposo will cost 'big' as UFA's (however, one will offset Ladd's wage).

Trouba Byfuglien
Alzner Myers
Morrissey Bortuzzo


Pay Buff, you can't flush all the veteran presence off the team (Ladd, Enstrom, Thorburn, Pavelec). Sign Alzner & Bortuzzo as UFA's; as an upgrade over Enstrom & Chiarot.
Keep Chiarot as #7, and Stuart until he has no...Um, 'glue' left. Either can replace Josh if he's struggling.

Hellebuyck
Elliot or Reimer


Sign a bon-a-fide backup tender. Can't develop two rookies at the same time in the Central. Hopefully Hutchinson makes it to the Moose unclaimed. Okay Chevy....your turn.

Say What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2015, 09:00 PM
  #28
jiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 22357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Say What View Post
If I was the GM, I'd try to sign free agents and purge dead weight. Something like this for 2017/18:

Boedker Scheifele Ehlers
Connor Little Wheeler
Petan Perreault Okposo
Lemieux Lowry Armia


Copp as the 13th, and make hard decisions on Burmistrov, Stafford & Thorburn. Maybe one of those are still a better fit than Petan. Ladd & Peluso, exit stage left.
Boedker & Okposo will cost 'big' as UFA's (however, one will offset Ladd's wage).

Trouba Byfuglien
Alzner Myers
Morrissey Bortuzzo


Pay Buff, you can't flush all the veteran presence off the team (Ladd, Enstrom, Thorburn, Pavelec). Sign Alzner & Bortuzzo as UFA's; as an upgrade over Enstrom & Chiarot.
Keep Chiarot as #7, and Stuart until he has no...Um, 'glue' left. Either can replace Josh if he's struggling.

Hellebuyck
Elliot or Reimer


Sign a bon-a-fide backup tender. Can't develop two rookies at the same time in the Central. Hopefully Hutchinson makes it to the Moose unclaimed. Okay Chevy....your turn.
Our GM does not have the balls to make moves like that. I am very scared how Chevy is going to mess up the Ladd/Buff situation. He has painted himself into a corner and I do not think this is going to end well for Jets fans.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2015, 09:27 PM
  #29
Jetfaninflorida
Southernmost Jet Fan
 
Jetfaninflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiho View Post
Our GM does not have the balls to make moves like that. I am very scared how Chevy is going to mess up the Ladd/Buff situation. He has painted himself into a corner and I do not think this is going to end well for Jets fans.
Agree. There are comments about Ladd and Buff being dealt at the deadline for a first round pick and depth roster guy. We might not even get that but If thats what we get for each of these guys we put ourselves another 3-5 years from the postseason. And thats if the very few prospects that we have work out and Chevy doesnt screw everything else up.

In the last 45 days I have gone into hunker down and pray mode. This is going to be ugly for a number of years.

Jetfaninflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2015, 09:50 PM
  #30
10Ducky10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
MP-Little-Conner
Petan-Matthews-Roslovic
Burmi-Lowry-Copp
Lemieux/Armia

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrisey-Kostalek
Chariot

Helly
Comrie
You have Connor on the wrong side and if Armia is not a starter by 2017-2018, he won't be here.


saywhat,
Okposo will be making too much for a 3rd liner.

10Ducky10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2015, 10:12 PM
  #31
Say What
what say you?
 
Say What's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
You have Connor on the wrong side and if Armia is not a starter by 2017-2018, he won't be here.


saywhat,
Okposo will be making too much for a 3rd liner.
Well I was only offering $5.25-$5.75 Million x 4 years. Ehlers contract should offset Okposo's. Doesn't matter how the depth chart plays out (1st liner making 3rd liner money, and vise-versa). But yeah, I hear what you're saying.

Say What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2015, 11:15 PM
  #32
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,569
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
He'll still need to get his offensive game going before he gets a shot I think. I believe there is a correlation between the Jets management giving him a shot and the points he puts up.
His offensive game has come. He is 2nd on the Moose in SOG. No puck luck but that will turn around.

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 12:57 AM
  #33
Hunter368
Canada
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9,972
vCash: 500
Koptiar and Stammer pure fiction aside......these more realistic projected possible lineups are looking pretty pathetic IMO. Young yes, effective not so much. We could be drafting top 5 for 2-3 years in row.

[mod]


Last edited by YWGinYYZ; 12-31-2015 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: natd
Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 02:03 AM
  #34
KANADA89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Funny how people are sitting Armia on the 4th line. Sure, he's played well there (well with Maurice's playbook, a monkey could play that 4th line role..), but it's not his role. He won't be playing there after this season. He either leaves to Europe or will earn himself a +3rd line role on Jets.

It would be plain stupid to keep Armia on 4th line role. I do understand why he's there now. Trying to earn his spot on the top 9.

KANADA89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 03:24 AM
  #35
jiho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,155
vCash: 22357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
Koptiar and Stammer pure fiction aside......these more realistic projected possible lineups are looking pretty pathetic IMO. Young yes, effective not so much. We could be drafting top 5 for 2-3 years in row.

[mod]
The problem is these projections have every draft choice turning out. This is not going to happen. When the Penguins were here I heard a few times that the Penguins have no chance to win now because Crosby and Malkin do not have the supporting cast. I find it funny because many people say our core is not good enough to win but look at their supporting cast they have had over the past four years. Do you think Crosby and Malkin would win with the group we had? Now everyone wants to blow up our core. I have even read suggestions of getting rid of Wheeler and Little. That is laughable. It is nice to tank and get a high draft choice but unless you get a McDavid, the draft and develop only plan is not going to work for the Jets. Looking at the way we finished last season, I think our core is good enough but needs the support of our GM. It appears after five years of evaluation he may be changing plans. I have little faith our GM is going to bring us a winner.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 08:14 AM
  #36
Jetsfareast
YOUTH MOVEMENT
 
Jetsfareast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philippines
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Stamkos Kopitar Ehlers
Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Petan Little Lemieux
Roslovic Copp Peluso

Trouba Hamonic
Enstrom Myers
Chiarot Postma

Hellebuyck
Comrie
You forgot Matthews, he is going to be on ELC

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 08:14 AM
  #37
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
I wouldn't count on Petan just yet. The only guy I see making the Jets roster without a doubt in my mind that isn't already on it is Kyle Connor.
Some may say he hasn't proven anything but I think he makes it.
I agree with you and some other posters that obviously not all our draft picks will make it. Here is my list of potential regular NHLers in order of most to least likely to stick.
Connor
Petan
Morrissey
Roslovic
Armia
Lemieux
Comrie
De Leo
Kostalek
Lipon

I think the first three will be NHL regulars and big contributors. Armia's peak is middle six tweener but he needs to bring consistency, if he can get there that would be a big help, but we all know the chances of all three prospects in that trade making it are slim, one becoming a regular would be a big win and my money in Roslovic being that guy.
I think Connor will be our #1LW at some point and Petan a middle 6 player with many PP pts. Morrissey can start as our #3 LHD and we will see from there.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 08:17 AM
  #38
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,462
vCash: 300
Most of these rosters without Ladd/Buff are assuming both are lost to UFA and nothing in return I guess.

Aavco Cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 08:19 AM
  #39
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Most of these rosters without Ladd/Buff are assuming both are lost to UFA and nothing in return I guess.
Mine had 1st round picks in return, if prospects are added that would be great.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 08:53 AM
  #40
Say What
what say you?
 
Say What's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Most of these rosters without Ladd/Buff are assuming both are lost to UFA and nothing in return I guess.
I'm assuming 'valuable' picks & prospects for Ladd and Enstrom. Things like:

Ladd- To Detroit for Mantha or Ouellet (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To Pittsburgh for Pouliot (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To Florida for Michael Matheson (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To Boston for J. Morrow or Karlson (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To NYI for A. Pelech (LHD) plus a pick.

I actually thought Byfuglien would return these 'asks' a lot easier, but I'm keeping him. Almost ready prospects (like Duclair going to Arizona) is how I'd go about it.



I'm not sure what the Jets can get for Stafford (2017 TD), Pavelec, Thorburn or.....Stuart. Burmistrov I'd keep if I could find a way.

Say What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 08:55 AM
  #41
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Say What View Post
I'm assuming 'valuable' picks & prospects for Ladd and Enstrom. Things like:

Ladd- To Detroit for Mantha or Ouellet (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To Pittsburgh for Pouliot (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To Florida for Michael Matheson (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To Boston for J. Morrow or Karlson (LHD) plus a pick.
------ To NYI for A. Pelech (LHD) plus a pick.

I actually thought Byfuglien would return these 'asks' a lot easier, but I'm keeping him. Almost ready prospects (like Duclair going to Arizona) is how I'd go about it.



I'm not sure what the Jets can get for Stafford (2017 TD), Pavelec, Thorburn or.....Stuart. Burmistrov I'd keep if I could find a way.
What will MP fetch if we don't extend him?
I agree that a guys like to Duclair coming back would be ideal, which means you gotta target teams that want to win now.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 09:41 AM
  #42
thistleswamp
Second Overall
 
thistleswamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Ehlers - Little - Wheeler
Conner - Scheifele [6yrs/26mil]- ? [Maybe Roslovic is ready, maybe not. I like Okposo here at 5yr/28mil]
Burmi/Petan - Lowry - Armia
Lemieux - Copp - ? [I don't hate Thorburn here, he's a good veteran that knows his role, another 2 year/2.2mil extension seems reasonable)

Enstrom - Trouba [5yr/28mil extension]
Morrisey - Hamonic [Myers Traded to NYI]
Stuart [still under contract #VeteranPresence] - ?Kostalek/Chiarot/UFA/Buff if signs @<5yr/35mil

Hellebuyck
UFA back-up or Hutchinson

With this line-up the biggest concern is that third line - unless these guys take expected steps forward - and the third D pairing. The whole bottom 6 is pretty interchangeable.
This team is challenging for the 3rd spot in the Central/ Wild Card in 2017/18.
I'd like to see some more Right shots in the next draft (Laine, Puljujarvi #pipe dream) if we pick top five and Chychrun is gone.

thistleswamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 09:47 AM
  #43
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfareast View Post
You forgot Matthews, he is going to be on ELC
not sure how I missed that. revised 4th line:

Patrick Matthews Peluso

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 10:13 AM
  #44
Hunter368
Canada
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Most of these rosters without Ladd/Buff are assuming both are lost to UFA and nothing in return I guess.
I think they are all likely assuming we will only get picks and prospects back, no roster players.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 10:23 AM
  #45
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,462
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter368 View Post
I think they are all likely assuming we will only get picks and prospects back, no roster players.
But I don't see any of those prospects on these rosters

Aavco Cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 10:31 AM
  #46
Jetabre
Laine to the Jets
 
Jetabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
But I don't see any of those prospects on these rosters
Question marks can be filled with players from a Buff trade or UFAs, for my roster at least. I posted what I think we'll end up with more so than what I want.

Jetabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 11:21 AM
  #47
10Ducky10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 500
Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Connor Little Armia
Perreault Lowry Roslovic
Lemieux Copp Lipon

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Morrissey Kostalek

Helle
Comrie

Hamonic is in there for Myers + ...
Perreault is re-signed for 4 years for 19m.
Buff is re-signed for 5 years at 40m.
Ladd is gone so you can knock out a D man for what we got for him.
Staf and Burmi are gone and I'm not sure about Lipon but didn't know who to put there......

10Ducky10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 11:22 AM
  #48
10Ducky10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 500
Actually, if Staf kept up his play, I would give him another 2 year contract.

10Ducky10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 11:31 AM
  #49
CaptainChef
Registered User
 
CaptainChef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bedroom Jetsville
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
I agree with you and some other posters that obviously not all our draft picks will make it. Here is my list of potential regular NHLers in order of most to least likely to stick.
Connor
Petan
Morrissey
Roslovic
Armia
Lemieux
Comrie
De Leo
Kostalek
Lipon

I think the first three will be NHL regulars and big contributors. Armia's peak is middle six tweener but he needs to bring consistency, if he can get there that would be a big help, but we all know the chances of all three prospects in that trade making it are slim, one becoming a regular would be a big win and my money in Roslovic being that guy.
I think Connor will be our #1LW at some point and Petan a middle 6 player with many PP pts. Morrissey can start as our #3 LHD and we will see from there.
Decent list. Maybe swap Morrissey & Petan. Comrie is probably up there in the top 4-5; might be a backup here to Helle but he's definitely good enough. Lemieux probably moves up as well -- might not be as talented as Ros or Armia but he may have a better chance of making the lineup given his style.

CaptainChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2015, 12:35 PM
  #50
Hunter368
Canada
 
Hunter368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
But I don't see any of those prospects on these rosters
That's pretty hard to do IMO, who would we get? How far has their progress vs our own progress? Etc

Pretty hard to estimate IMO where this isn't our FT job......now Chevy and his team should know those facts......not a bunch of keyboard GM's.

But I understand your point, I just feel that's harder to do.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.