Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Roster in 2017/18

Old
02-03-2016, 09:17 AM
folix

vCash: 500
Kind of shocking that in two years I dont see Chase De Leo on anyones list. He leads the Moose in scoring in his first year and has 113 shots on net so far. Thats just insane. Then next closest is like 83.

Ive seen him play this kid is super talented, I think he is a Brian Little clone who scores and shoots more. I'd be shocked if he doesnt make a push for a roster spot.

folix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2016, 07:58 AM
heilongjetsfan

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleswamp View Post
Just speculating on D men for 2017/18. With all the talk of him coming at some point (and he's signed through 2020), thought I'd throw his name into the blender. I'd imagine he'd be replacing Myers in your line-up.

And, maybe we can add Chychrun to the Left side of the D (if the Buff, Ladd trades get made this season, and we send Bucky back to the Moose once Pavs is healthy). Stuart is still signed until the end of that season, too - wishful thinking that he isn't on that Depth Chart.
If we're after a Dman with our first pick I'd be happier with Juolevi. If we're taking a forward first and using an acquired pick for a D, I'd recommend Jake Bean in the 10th overall area, or Sean Day in the 20+ range. Chychrun seems like he could be the Couturier of this draft. Some of the shine seems to be coming off. Whatever the Jets come up with on draft day, I'm sure I'll be able to get behind. It seems to be the one area that's really hard to question Chevy.

heilongjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2016, 08:15 PM
clubkid75

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Armia-Little-(Tkachuk or Laine or Puljujarvi---Oilers or Columbus getting Matthews)
Burmistrov-Connor-Petan
Lemieux-Copp-Lowry
Extra-Peluso, Roslovic, Harkins

Buff-Enstrom
Myers-Hamonic (Trouba gets traded for Ham)
Stuart/Morrissey/Chairot..3 way share time
Extra-Postma, Niku, Kostalek

Hellebuyck
Hutchinson (Comrie breathing down his neck)

Because Buff resigns and Enstrom stays they can't afford to keep Stafford and Perreault

Ladd gets traded soon to a team higher in the standings for a first round 2016 pick. Jets take either Sam Steel, Tyler Benson, Brett Howden or Alex Debrincat with that pick. I don't see any decent 1st round worthy defenseman still available for the Jets later in the 1st round.

I see the Jets taking defenseman Kale Clague with their own 2nd round pick.

clubkid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2016, 01:03 AM
10Ducky10

2017-2018 lineup
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Matthews-Armia
Lowry-Perreault-(acquired in Ladd/Little trade?)
Lemieux-Copp-Roslovic

Spare Harkins

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Hamonic
Morrissey-Kostalek

Spares Glover/Chiarot

Hellebuyck/Comrie

I traded Ladd and Little and in another deal Myers and Petan were traded for Hamonic.

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2016, 01:59 AM
10Ducky10

Here's one for next year with caphit...
Ladd 5.8 Little 4.7 Armia 1.75

Ehlers 1 Scheif 3.5 Wheeler 5.6

Connor 1 Perreault 3 Staf 4.35

Lowry 1.75 Copp 0.93 Burmi 1.55

Lemieux 1 spare

Trouba 3.5 Buff 7.6

Enstrom 5.75 Hamonic 3.84

Morrissey 1 Myers 5.5

Postma 0.9 Stu 2.625

Helle .7 Pavs 3.9

71.25m caphit

Old
02-20-2016, 02:33 AM
ATLbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ducky10 View Post
2017-2018 lineup
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Matthews-Armia
Lemieux-Copp-Roslovic

Spare Harkins

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Hamonic
Morrissey-Kostalek

Spares Glover/Chiarot

Hellebuyck/Comrie

I traded Ladd and Little and in another deal Myers and Petan were traded for Hamonic.

I would hope the return on Little is better then a 3rd liner. Looks to me like you dumped a 1st liner on a good cap hit like he was a cap dump.

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2016, 02:56 AM
10Ducky10

traded for a pick and a prospect.......that is the prospect...

Old
02-20-2016, 07:03 AM
Jetsfareast
YOUTH MOVEMENT

vCash: 282
I keep Little

Him as a third line center behind Scheifel or , we hope Matthews
Will be awesome strength for the Jets in the middle with Copp anchoring 4th line.

Plus Lowry who should be fine also as a C after this so one ore slump. Or we just expected too much of the kid.

My dream line up in 2017 - 2018

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Connor Matthews Little
Perrault Lowry/Petan Armia
Lemiuex Copp Petan/Lowry
De Leo Rozlovic

Morrissey Trouba
Enstrom Byfuglien
Xxx Myers
Postma
Hellybuyck
Comrie

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2016, 01:42 AM
winnipegger

vCash: 353
Ehlers Scheifele Little
Connor Matthews Wheeler
Perreault Petan Armia
Lowry Copp Lemieux

Lipon DeLeo

Trouba Byfuglien
Morrisey Hamonic
Enstrom Postma
Chiarot

Hellebuyck
Comrie

winnipegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Connor Scheifele Laine
Armia Perreault Lemieux
Petan Copp Lowry

Trouba Hamonic
Enstrom Buff
Morrissey Pokka

Hellebuyck
Comrie
Had to edit due to recent signings.

Gil Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2016, 12:26 PM
MrBoJangelz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by folix View Post
Kind of shocking that in two years I dont see Chase De Leo on anyones list. He leads the Moose in scoring in his first year and has 113 shots on net so far. Thats just insane. Then next closest is like 83.

Ive seen him play this kid is super talented, I think he is a Brian Little clone who scores and shoots more. I'd be shocked if he doesnt make a push for a roster spot.
He was my surprise pick at the beginning of the season, that would get time with the jets. If and when they wave the white flag, he has earned a call up with what he's doing in his first pro season.

I liked his game from the world jr. A few years back, hard worker, decent speed, smart player and had a nose for the puck. He has managed points at every level, in secondary roles. His size is his only negative, but he does not play small.

I could see him pushing the likes of Copp, Petan, Lipon or Thorbs for a spot next season, and be a call up for bottom 6 injuries.

MrBoJangelz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2016, 11:58 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

Quote:
2017-2018 lineup
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Matthews-Armia
Lemieux-Copp-Roslovic

Spare Harkins

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Hamonic
Morrissey-Kostalek

Spares Glover/Chiarot

Hellebuyck/Comrie

Does anyone have a good idea of how Glover is progressing?
He's someone who never gets mentioned at all in our sports media.
I was double checking the spots some of our guys got drafted in and then saw his name and was like "oh ya... that guy..."

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Puckatron 3000
Glitchy Prototype

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
Ehlers Scheifele Little
Connor Matthews Wheeler
Perreault Petan Armia
Lowry Copp Lemieux

Lipon DeLeo

Trouba Byfuglien
Morrisey Hamonic
Enstrom Postma
Chiarot

Hellebuyck
Comrie

Not bad.

Although that makes Enstrom the highest paid 3rd pairing D in NHL league history. I'd twiddle around the D a bit. I run Enstrom/Buff together next year as top pair.

If we're talking 2016-17, and Connor makes the team, he starts on the 3rd and Perreault on the 2nd.

And in the slight chance we don't land Matthews , Little and Scheif are still an ok 1C/2C for the immediate future. Wheeler slots in to the top line RW, and Stafford holds down 2RW until whichever winger we draft this year is ready for a top 6 role. Then Stafford goes.

Last edited by Puckatron 3000: 02-22-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Puckatron 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2016, 12:21 AM
10Ducky10

I haven't heard any news on him since early fall. He has 7 points in 28 games and is a plus 7.

Old
02-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

If we get Matthews and I take over full time coaching duties in 17/18 I'd probably go with

Forward Lines - Top 9 Cost without 1st line LW: $19.27 mil
? - Matthews (0.925) - Wheeler (5.6)
Connor (0.900) - Schefiele (4) - Ehlers (0.894)
Petan (0.758) - Little (4.7) - Armia (2)
Lemieux/Lowry/Copp/De Leo/Lipon

Deployment
1st Line: This line takes is the toughest matchups. We groom Matthews to be a premier shutdown two-way centerman with big offensive upside. On this line Matthews is our Toews and Wheeler is our Hossa. We just need the perfect complimentary two-way player on a good contract to play with them. These guys follow the other teams high end offensive players everywhere and their job is to shut them down and drive play to the offensive zone.
2nd Line: This line is our offensive beast line. Scheif's job is to do all the heavy lifting for our 2 speedsters. This line gets the best matchups and exclusively offensive zone starts. The #1 focus is to score and score a lot.
3rd Line: This line is a secondary scoring line.
4th Line: Pure energy checking line that can rotate in a number of guys that also have offensive upside.

Missing Forwards
Stafford: We likely won't need Stafford by then. I assume we trade him for a deadline deal or let him walk. Not a huge loss as he is likely slowing down more by then and won't be worth what he wants for an extension.
Perreault: I debated keeping Perreault but I'll remain optimistic about Armia improving and Perreault likely wanting 4+ mill by then. Armia is the cheaper option and his physical game is coming along as well hopefully can put decent enough production playing with Petan and Little.
Burmi: We likely let Burmi walk or add him to a trade.

Defence D Cost without bottom pair LHD: $23.21 mil
Morrisey (0.863) - Trouba (3.5)
Enstrom (5.75) - Buff (7.6)
? - Myers (5.5)

Goaltenders
Hellebuyck (3)
Comrie (0.636)

Top 9 forwards(minus 1st line LW), 5 defencemen and 2 goaltenders cap estimate: $46.11 mil.

Plenty of space in this season to find ourselves a solid veteran 1st line complimentary two-way forward. We may have to give up futures to get it done though. Also lots of space to add good depth in FA if one of our other youngins don't pan out.
The next few seasons is where things get interesting with Little then Wheeler needing new contracts. Scheif , Trouba and Armia coming off their bridge deals and Ehlers, Morrissey, Comrie coming off their ELC's.
Where we really might have to pay is Matthews, Conner and Ehlers who will more than likely be the highest paid forwards on the team in due time all north of $6 mil pretty easily.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2016, 10:40 PM
10Ducky10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
If we get Matthews and I take over full time coaching duties in 17/18 I'd probably go with

Deployment
1st Line: This line takes is the toughest matchups. We groom Matthews to be a premier shutdown two-way centerman with big offensive upside. On this line Matthews is our Toews and Wheeler is our Hossa. We just need the perfect complimentary two-way player on a good contract to play with them. These guys follow the other teams high end offensive players everywhere and their job is to shut them down and drive play to the offensive zone.
2nd Line: This line is our offensive beast line. Scheif's job is to do all the heavy lifting for our 2 speedsters. This line gets the best matchups and exclusively offensive zone starts. The #1 focus is to score and score a lot.
4th Line: Pure energy checking line that can rotate in a number of guys that also have offensive upside.

Missing Forwards
Stafford: We likely won't need Stafford by then. I assume we trade him for a deadline deal or let him walk. Not a huge loss as he is likely slowing down more by then and won't be worth what he wants for an extension.
Perreault: I debated keeping Perreault but I'll remain optimistic about Armia improving and Perreault likely wanting 4+ mill by then. Armia is the cheaper option and his physical game is coming along as well hopefully can put decent enough production playing with Petan and Little.

? - Myers (5.5)

Goaltenders
Hellebuyck (3)
Comrie (0.636)

Top 9 forwards(minus 1st line LW), 5 defencemen and 2 goaltenders cap estimate: $46.11 mil.

Plenty of space in this season to find ourselves a solid veteran 1st line complimentary two-way forward. We may have to give up futures to get it done though. Also lots of space to add good depth in FA if one of our other youngins don't pan out.
The next few seasons is where things get interesting with Little then Wheeler needing new contracts. Scheif , Trouba and Armia coming off their bridge deals and Ehlers, Morrissey, Comrie coming off their ELC's.
Where we really might have to pay is Matthews, Conner and Ehlers who will more than likely be the highest paid forwards on the team in due time all north of $6 mil pretty easily.
Great post.
Nobody is going to agree with everything you say here but I agree with most of it.

Old
02-22-2016, 10:47 PM
csk

Quote:

Deployment

Missing Forwards

? - Myers (5.5)

Goaltenders
Hellebuyck (3)
Comrie (0.636)

Why not just keep Perreault for this role?

csk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2016, 10:53 PM
csk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckatron 3000 View Post
Not bad.

Although that makes Enstrom the highest paid 3rd pairing D in NHL league history. I'd twiddle around the D a bit. I run Enstrom/Buff together next year as top pair.

If we're talking 2016-17, and Connor makes the team, he starts on the 3rd and Perreault on the 2nd.

And in the slight chance we don't land Matthews , Little and Scheif are still an ok 1C/2C for the immediate future. Wheeler slots in to the top line RW, and Stafford holds down 2RW until whichever winger we draft this year is ready for a top 6 role. Then Stafford goes.
I get the rational behind it though. The Enstrom-Postma pair is really, really good.

Old
02-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by csk View Post
Why not just keep Perreault for this role?
Definitely could. Though ideally I'd want a big power forward like Wheeler on the other side. If we could get another 1st rounder from Ladd I think someone like Tufte or Brown would be a solid pickup for a 1st line shutdown role in this draft if we want to develop ourselves.
That line would have it all.

Old
02-22-2016, 11:03 PM
10Ducky10

What about Steen-Matthews-Wheeler

Old
02-22-2016, 11:08 PM
csk

Quote:
Definitely could. Though ideally I'd want a big power forward like Wheeler on the other side. If we could get another 1st rounder from Ladd I think someone like Tufte or Brown would be a solid pickup for a 1st line shutdown role in this draft if we want to develop ourselves.
That line would have it all.
That's definitely fair, I just hate to part with Matty P.

Old
02-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Quote:
What about Steen-Matthews-Wheeler
That's a possibility depends on if the Blues let him hit FA and how his production is then.

Old
02-22-2016, 11:13 PM
Bryzgalovs Cat
Easy 2 points

vCash: 505
Am I the only one who isn't predicting much success with these lineups (that don't involve trades)? I realize that these are solid rosters of TNSE-drafted guys, but I don't see the high-end talent to make a push.

Bryzgalovs Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

So I know this is a look at 2 seasons from now.
But I had a good friend who moved to Taiwan and enjoys the Jets from there ask about next years lineup.

He suggested that our 1st round pick (he assumed Tkachuck), Connor and Lemieux would be in the starting day line up for next season.

Assuming there isn't a roster forward added for Ladd and no significant UFA addition... then shouldn't we expect another lottery pick season?

That would be such a huge youth movement... our sophmore's are likely to have down years, Petan may not be ready to help, Lowry has a long way to go to prove he can build on his rookie season, Copp probably could use a year in the AHL playing bigger minutes. So realistically we'd be leaning on Wheeler, Little, Scheif, Perrault & Stafford to carry the forwards. Yes, I realize that Ehlers could just keep improving and have a great year but there are far more players that regress in their second year than ones that truly excel.

Another high draft pick and the year of development may put us on the path to really take a step forward in 2017 - 18... but would the sky fall if 2016 - 17 was a similar result to this year???

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2016, 02:48 PM
csk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov5GoalGame View Post
So I know this is a look at 2 seasons from now.
But I had a good friend who moved to Taiwan and enjoys the Jets from there ask about next years lineup.

He suggested that our 1st round pick (he assumed Tkachuck), Connor and Lemieux would be in the starting day line up for next season.

Assuming there isn't a roster forward added for Ladd and no significant UFA addition... then shouldn't we expect another lottery pick season?

That would be such a huge youth movement... our sophmore's are likely to have down years, Petan may not be ready to help, Lowry has a long way to go to prove he can build on his rookie season, Copp probably could use a year in the AHL playing bigger minutes. So realistically we'd be leaning on Wheeler, Little, Scheif, Perrault & Stafford to carry the forwards. Yes, I realize that Ehlers could just keep improving and have a great year but there are far more players that regress in their second year than ones that truly excel.

Another high draft pick and the year of development may put us on the path to really take a step forward in 2017 - 18... but would the sky fall if 2016 - 17 was a similar result to this year???
If our pick is higher than Tkachuck, then they could be in the lineup... but I think Tkachuck would need one season development