HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How worried are you about the future of Ruutu??

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2005, 08:36 PM
The Nhl's Conscience

vCash: 500
How worried are you about the future of Ruutu??

My question is not when is Tuomo coming back because Lord knows there are enough of those,My question is,Are you worried that T.Ruutu is going to be a victim of his own style of play?? Do you think the Hawks are worried about this as well?? Knowing Wirtz,I doubt he really cares all that much

Old
12-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Hawkalyzer

I'm not too worried.

Old
12-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nhl's Conscience
Are you worried that T.Ruutu is going to be a victim of his own style of play?? Do you think the Hawks are worried about this as well??
No and no.

Old
12-11-2005, 11:10 PM
fullmetalninja

Anybody who says they aren't worried, isn't thinking with a clear head.

I do think he'll heal up from this back and come back and play meaningful minutes this season. But I think all hawk fans are non-plussed about the options:

1) Have Ruutu play like a wrecking ball, and continually run the risk of blowing out a shoulder/knee again (or have his back act up)

2) Have Ruutu play un-Ruutu-like. That season he had was really one of the funnest things to watch in a long time in chicago. He just drilled people- and once the points started coming- we thought holy SHIIT someone who actually matches the hype...

-fullmetalninja

Old
12-12-2005, 12:12 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
His health will always be a concern, but what can the Hawks do? Play him less?

Old
12-12-2005, 04:06 AM
Rover*

I blame Daze. He passed his wonky back onto Ruutu.

Old
12-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Wally112pac

Ruutu said he's goin to tone it down a bit due to possibly getting an injury and the new rules.

Him being injury prone is way overrated. This back injury could/should have been avoided.

Old
12-12-2005, 01:35 PM
fullmetalninja

He has had 3 knee surgeries, a shoulder surger, a separate shoulder separation, and now has been out for 8 weeks over a back "ache" (okay).

The kid did play in every game, but playing a whole year and sitting out 1 1/2 isn't exactly injury free.

Wally- he's my favorite hawk, but there are serious concerns with him that you don't have with other players. I personally think he will gut out most injuries- but thats because of the kind of person he is and has nothing to do with his susceptibility of being injured (which is pretty high)

-fullmetalninja

Old
12-12-2005, 02:00 PM
edd1e

Im not worried,.. not yet anyways

If he's out the whole season, then i would start to worry.

Old
12-12-2005, 03:59 PM
hawksfan50

I still subscribe to the "roids theory"---that he used them (I'm speculating) to speed up his injury recovery--that because its an Olympics year he would be "discovered"--that he needed time to vanish the "evidence"--that there will be a "miraculous" recovery after the Olympics and he'll be in the lineup down the stretch in FEB-MAR-APR and all the way to the CUP this year!

Old
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalninja
He has had 3 knee surgeries, a shoulder surger, a separate shoulder separation, and now has been out for 8 weeks over a back "ache" (okay).

The kid did play in every game, but playing a whole year and sitting out 1 1/2 isn't exactly injury free.

Wally- he's my favorite hawk, but there are serious concerns with him that you don't have with other players. I personally think he will gut out most injuries- but thats because of the kind of person he is and has nothing to do with his susceptibility of being injured (which is pretty high)

-fullmetalninja
I'm still not worried cause look at how he got injured.

Any players could get cheap shooted at any time. If someone wants you out there's nothin stopping them from gettin you. He took a huge cheap shot in Finland.

Of course he had bumps and bruised in 03-04. Every player in the NHL gets those.

No one really knows how he got injured in the World Cup. Most likely from givin/takin a hit. That can happen to even the softest of players. Look at Havlats injury.

We all know how he got this back injury. He couldn't skate over the lockout and his back was weak. He pushed it when he was able to skate and aggravated his back. (he should have eased back into it not go like a madman)

Now i could see if this was his 7th groin pull or his 6th concussion from having his head down but he's had one fluke injury, one cheap shot and one actual play where he hurt his shoulder.

Looking back on it this back mess should have been avoided.

And no he's not on roids. If you ask him that i hope he smacks you in the face, spouts somethin off in Finnish and walks away.

Last edited by Wally112pac: 12-12-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old
12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Eb0la11

You have valid points wally, but its ok to show your concern with his possible injury prone circumstances.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
edd1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50
I still subscribe to the "roids theory"---that he used them (I'm speculating) to speed up his injury recovery--that because its an Olympics year he would be "discovered"--that he needed time to vanish the "evidence"--that there will be a "miraculous" recovery after the Olympics and he'll be in the lineup down the stretch in FEB-MAR-APR and all the way to the CUP this year!
im quite sure he will be in the -06 olympics.

Closed Thread