HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

CHL Import Draft.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2005, 08:29 AM
  #1
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
CHL Import Draft.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/e...pop.php?id=225

Frolik rumours were false, Ottawa takes PP QB Jakub Vojta with the first pick. Let's hope he's another Jiri Drtina. Just Kidding 67's fans.

After a long time, Sarnia takes winger Tomas Posposil. Never heard of him.


Last edited by FearTheFlyers: 06-29-2005 at 08:56 AM.
FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
06-29-2005, 09:06 AM
  #2
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Anthony Mauro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/e...pop.php?id=225

Frolik rumours were false, Ottawa takes PP QB Jakub Vojta with the first pick. Let's hope he's another Jiri Drtina. Just Kidding 67's fans.

After a long time, Sarnia takes winger Tomas Posposil. Never heard of him.
He was ranked 30th by THN in their draft preview guide. But other places have him a considerable amount lower.

Now onto Bergfors, I don't see how an expansion team starting out can use a pick on someone who won't come over. Even if they had to get a lower talent player, that would be better than gambling and losing.

Anthony Mauro is online now  
Old
06-29-2005, 09:43 AM
  #3
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Sudbury trades up to grab Marek Polak.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
06-29-2005, 09:58 AM
  #4
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Owen Sound takes Marek Bartanus. If anyone knows anything about him please share.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
06-30-2005, 04:54 PM
  #5
Sebastien Centomo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Owen Sound takes Marek Bartanus. If anyone knows anything about him please share.
Don't know if you've seen this yet, but...

http://www.attackhockey.com/news_detail.asp?varID=421

According to ISS, power forward with a good shot (who does that sound like?), and apparently a top-50 NHL pick.

Sebastien Centomo is offline  
Old
07-07-2005, 07:31 PM
  #6
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
He was ranked 30th by THN in their draft preview guide. But other places have him a considerable amount lower.

Now onto Bergfors, I don't see how an expansion team starting out can use a pick on someone who won't come over. Even if they had to get a lower talent player, that would be better than gambling and losing.
Well, now it's official that they gambled and won.

Vikke is online now  
Old
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
  #7
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,834
vCash: 500
I like the Kastytsyn pick for London.

I wonder how long until Hunter trades him just like all the other imports since he took over?

Douggy is offline  
Old
07-18-2005, 04:43 PM
  #8
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
I like the Kastytsyn pick for London.

I wonder how long until Hunter trades him just like all the other imports since he took over?
About 2 weeks probably. If anyone wants him that is. Mark Hunter made some very strange moves at the import, essentially giving Kitchener a 4th round pick for nothing.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
  #9
thomasincanada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
About 2 weeks probably. If anyone wants him that is. Mark Hunter made some very strange moves at the import, essentially giving Kitchener a 4th round pick for nothing.
It certainly seems like the Hunters want nothing to do with Europeans on their team.

Americans, however, are another story.

Tom

thomasincanada is offline  
Old
07-18-2005, 10:10 PM
  #10
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,834
vCash: 500
I wonder if its just the language barrier?

Cause I loved Vadim Karaga and I don't understand why the Hunters wouldn't.

Douggy is offline  
Old
07-19-2005, 06:02 AM
  #11
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy

Cause I loved Vadim Karaga and I don't understand why the Hunters wouldn't.
Olimb will be a nice player for Sarnia for a couple years.

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
07-26-2005, 02:29 PM
  #12
Default101
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 500
i did some looking up on Pospisil hes actually a good goal scorer, decent speed and it appears he's expected to go either last 5 in the first round or first 5 in the second round, and in sarnia i can see him paired up with Olimb, great player, and centering that line would most likely be -sighs- michael haley at Center... we need to get a center in sarnia other than fraiser!!

Default101 is offline  
Old
10-15-2005, 10:48 AM
  #13
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
You take the prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
I like the Kastytsyn pick for London.

I wonder how long until Hunter trades him just like all the other imports since he took over?
Sergei Kostitsyn is looking pretty good right now. I doubt the Hunter's will be letting this kid go. Fast, good shot, handles the puck very well, a regular on the leagues best PP unit.

The other import player they picked was released though

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
10-15-2005, 01:22 PM
  #14
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Kostitsyn was the the steal of the import draft and is now third in OHL in scoring.

I guess, he's playing with Schremp and Bolland...

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
10-22-2005, 12:28 PM
  #15
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Mixing it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Kostitsyn was the the steal of the import draft and is now third in OHL in scoring.

I guess, he's playing with Schremp and Bolland...
Coach Hunter has been mixing lines a bit. Most of the time Kostitsyn has been out there with guys like AJ Perry, Vanderveeken, Kell, Clarke, Drummond, etc.

London plays 5 Forwards on the PP and Sergei is usually back on the point. He has a great shot and moves the puck around well. Kid hustles all the time too. Knights definitely got a steal, and possibly the Habs too!

JrHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-11-2005, 10:44 PM
  #16
Default101
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 500
Pospisil is looking great so far as well, steal of the 5th round for the Thrashers!

Default101 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.