HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zdenek Bahensky and his NHL chances next year?

View Poll Results: Will Zdenek Bahensky stay with the Saskatoon Blades past his 19yr old season?
yes 11 37.93%
no 18 62.07%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2005, 01:05 AM
GBG BLEED BLUE

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GBG BLEED BLUE
Zdenek Bahensky and his NHL chances next year?

Seeing as he is 19 years old,he might or might not be back for his final season with the Saskatoon Blades,and without him and other drafted players for a period of more than a few games would probably hurt the Saskatoon Blades.(Yes life must go on and new players will make the team) Well I am just wondering what you Ranger fans think,and I know that you may have not seen him play alot and are only updated from reports,unless you are a Ranger fan and in Saskatoon,and that is not me. obviousy I do keep track of how he is doing). I am just curious of what others think.

Old
12-12-2005, 02:21 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
He either goes back to the WHL or goes to Hartford.

He will probably follow the Callahan route and go back to juniors, however.

Just my two cents.

Old
12-12-2005, 04:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Bahensky could go back to Europe rather than play rather season in the WHL

The Rangers need to sign Bahensky and get him into Hartford for 2006-07

Old
12-12-2005, 08:20 AM
in the hall

is he good enough to even be considered?

i voted no just basing it on the fact we are pretty stacked up front personel-wise and i really think staal makes the team as a 19 year old, would be shocked to see any other

there are also players in Hartford who probably deserve it as well

Old
12-12-2005, 09:19 AM
BigE

He's got 36 pts in 36 games, and is second behind Setouguchi for the team lead. Consider that he had 31 pts last year and that looks to be a sizeable improvement.

I'd like to see him play pro next year, whether it be back in the Czech league or in Hartford.

One thing about our prospects from the last two drafts is that nearly everyone of them has already surpassed, or is on pace to surpass their point totals from previous seasons. That's a good sign.

Old
12-12-2005, 09:54 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

He should be with the Wolf Pack next season. He will have a real shot come training camp (AHL),if he makes it or not is another story even though I think he would, either way like BigE said i'd like to see him play pro next season, AHL or Czech.

So going by the poll question: Will Zdenek Bahensky stay with the Saskatoon Blades past his 19yr old season, I answer No.

Old
12-12-2005, 10:53 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
He should be with the Wolf Pack next season. He will have a real shot come training camp (AHL),if he makes it or not is another story even though I think he would, either way like BigE said i'd like to see him play pro next season, AHL or Czech.

So going by the poll question: Will Zdenek Bahensky stay with the Saskatoon Blades past his 19yr old season, I answer No.

Hartford is stacked this year and barring any trades many will be back. That's why you have players playing in the ECHL. There will not be many slots available and many of them will be on the bottom lines. Unless a prospect can show superior talent I'd say another stint in Juniors will not hurt. I think Dubinsky is ahead of Bahensky at this point. Greg Moore graduates from Maine this year, no? He's another Hartford/Charlotte possibility. Staal will probably make the Rangers. Sauer will impress many but will probably be a late cut and sent back to Juniors.

Old
12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
eco's bones

I would think and I would hope not. He might go back overseas--he might make it either in Hartford or split between Hartford and Charlotte. I'd have to think that there are some older players in Hartford who won't be around for next year. They might include the likes of Giroux, Wiseman, Grenier, Rullier, Weller and maybe even Lampman.
There are other players coming into the organization and room will have to be made for them. The window on some of those above is closing.

Old
12-12-2005, 10:57 AM
eco's bones

Should throw in Fedorov and Taffe as well. Those two might be the first to go.

Old
12-12-2005, 01:53 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
I would think and I would hope not. He might go back overseas--he might make it either in Hartford or split between Hartford and Charlotte. I'd have to think that there are some older players in Hartford who won't be around for next year. They might include the likes of Giroux, Wiseman, Grenier, Rullier, Weller and maybe even Lampman.
There are other players coming into the organization and room will have to be made for them. The window on some of those above is closing.
Of those players Giroux, Wiseman, Lampman and Weller need to be given their shot. Especailly Chad Wiseman. From the game against Atlanta on Thanksgiving, this kid looks ready. He can be a solid 2nd line winger.

Old
12-12-2005, 01:56 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief
Of those players Giroux, Wiseman, Lampman and Weller need to be given their shot. Especailly Chad Wiseman. From the game against Atlanta on Thanksgiving, this kid looks ready. He can be a solid 2nd line winger.

I dont see that at all in him.

Old
12-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Why in the hell would anyone want him to go back to the Czech league and get burried on the 4th line? Honestly, that will not help him at all and is the worst possible thing he can do in his hockey career if he has ANY North American career in mind.

He should go back to the CHL and have a chance to trully dominate the league. It'll not only improve his skills but give him more confidence as well. Either that or Hartford. But if his options are to be burried in Hartford then he should just go back to the CHL.

Old
12-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I dont see that at all in him.
Same.

I see him as a fringe NHLer at absolute BEST. A regular scratch on an NHL team. Someone like Paul Healey.

Closed Thread