HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2005, 11:56 AM
uclaw88

vCash: 500
Trade Rumors

Its been a while since I saw the Canes mentioned in any trade rumors. Given all the injures and the fact that, with the exception of Brendl, they seem to have pretty much exhausted Lowell, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about potential moves.

Old
12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
CanesRock

A lot of the injuries that plagued the Canes are gone (knock on wood), except for Vasicek. From what I have read, Rutherford is going to see how LaRose fills big Joe's shoes. So far, LaRose has 2 pts in 3 games, so not too bad. Assuming LaRose can fill the spot sufficiently, then there probably won't be any moves made.

Old
12-12-2005, 09:44 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesRock
From what I have read, Rutherford is going to see how LaRose fills big Joe's shoes.
Interesting. I can only seeing Ladd or Larose staying with the big club, so what does this say for Vrbata or Brendl? I wonder if Rutherford is looking for some prospect depth.....

Old
12-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Dont be surprised if Vrbata is moved and maybe Boulerice. These guys just dont seem to be fitting in on this team. As much as I would hate to lose Vrbata's skills on the shootout, that cant be the only reason you hang on to a guy. The problem is, he is so valuable at this point in the new cap era with his league minimum salary. How can you afford to let him go in case there is an injury and he is needed by this team.

Old
12-13-2005, 10:19 AM
uclaw88

Given his age, salary and skill level, I'm really surprised someone hasn't made a serious pitch for Vrbata by now. With his limited playing time this year and miniscule point total, I also figured that they would think that they could probably steal him. He's only 24 and could thrive on a Western team (Colorado or L.A.?).

Old
12-13-2005, 11:53 AM
CanesRock

Unless Brendle gets in good with the hockey gods, he is sure to have a successful career...in the AHL. I don't see a future for him in this organization. Vrbata has incredible potential and we have seen sparks every so often, but nothing consistent yet. Jesse's decision to not play during the lockout has seriously hurt his game.

Vrbata could be moved, but given that he makes the league min. he is good to have on the roster. Ziggomanis was put on waivers, but isn't likely to be claimed. We'll have to see how LaRose handles the NHL level. If he can't cut it, look for JR to do something.

Old
12-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Zigomanis was put on waivers? that is an interesting move. are they trying to send him back down to Lowell? I know he hasnt played much lately, but I dont think I would want to get rid of him.

Old
12-13-2005, 01:07 PM
jeffbear

Having robbed Lowell of Craig Adams, Chad LaRose and Andrew Ladd ... that's exactly the plan for Zigomanis. He's a proven scorer at that level and the Monsters badly need the help.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:08 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbear
Having robbed Lowell of Craig Adams, Chad LaRose and Andrew Ladd ... that's exactly the plan for Zigomanis.
Oops, that's who I meant earlier...Zigo, not Brendl.

Closed Thread