HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Dan the dman gaining Trotz' confidence?

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 05:27 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Dan the dman gaining Trotz' confidence?

Anyone else notice Dan Hamhuis leading all defensemen in even strength time on ice? He's also third on shifts per game. I know we're just 2 games into the season, but I think the time will go up before it goes down. I think Hamhuis thus far is our biggest surprise.

Old
10-15-2003, 06:16 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I said it during camp, and I'll say it again: Of the non-NHL D prospects we had in camp, he was the smoothest skater, best with the poke check, and quickest to stand a guy up. I see him as way ahead of Schnabel -- just my opinion.

Old
10-15-2003, 02:40 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
I said it during camp, and I'll say it again: Of the non-NHL D prospects we had in camp, he was the smoothest skater, best with the poke check, and quickest to stand a guy up. I see him as way ahead of Schnabel -- just my opinion.

I love Hamhuis. He looked really good and had only one bad play that was aided by what I, and many Predator player/coaches, felts was an illegal play by Dallas. He skates like a dream and plays positionally well. Isn't as strong as I would like, but he's not a liability on the ice. I think he could be a solid Dman for us this year.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I agree, and that mishap should have been a penalty on Guerin. I'm still not sure why it wasn't called

Old
10-15-2003, 04:27 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I agree, and that mishap should have been a penalty on Guerin. I'm still not sure why it wasn't called
I think if the official had realized it was going to result in a goal, he would have called a penalty. Sadly, I think he realized it created a scoring chance too late. Unfortunately, in the NHL, alot of penalties aren't called unless they create a direct scoring chance. If they just called the rules as they are written instead of only if they create a scoring chance, it's not a goal, and Nashville probably walks out of there with a tie. It's frustrating, but I'm sure we get those breaks as well.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:29 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Let me say on that play even if he wasn't hit in the back and tripped, let's say it was a clean pick, the goal is still not his fault. He was the pointman, his job at that time was to keep the puck in play in the offensive zone, someone else should have covered for him in the neutral zone.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:31 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Let me say on that play even if he wasn't hit in the back and tripped, let's say it was a clean pick, the goal is still not his fault. He was the pointman, his job at that time was to keep the puck in play in the offensive zone, someone else should have covered for him in the neutral zone.
Agreed. The giveaway would have been his fault but we have to cover Hammy there. You won't have any confidence back there if you have no cover. Zidlicky had pinched and none of our forwards (Walker, Legwand or Johansson) backed him up.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:53 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Anyone else notice Dan Hamhuis leading all defensemen in even strength time on ice? He's also third on shifts per game. I know we're just 2 games into the season, but I think the time will go up before it goes down. I think Hamhuis thus far is our biggest surprise.
YES YES YES!

GO HAMMY GO!

I've said it along, and I'll continue to say it....HAMHUIS IS GOLD!....GOLD JERRY GOLD!

Closed Thread