HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After reading Brooks today...

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 04:24 AM
RFAN

vCash: 500
After reading Brooks today...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/41268.htm

I'm 100% convinced that he is reading this board daily! Some of his comments come straight from some of threads here, almost word for word. WTF! Oh, well!

Old
10-14-2003, 04:45 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Ya know, if the situation is crystal clear to even the guru of skewed POV's, Larry Brooks, how is it that the Rangers organization is completely oblivious to what's wrong here?

I'll honestly be surprised if there's actually any changes to the roster other than the Bouchard/Purinton dice-roll.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:59 AM
Fletch

I'd bet...

that for opening night, there will not be any changes (except as you mentioned Melrose). If there is a bad loss, then I think you may see a real change or two come the next game. The team has several practice/video days to get some things right. So, I think there won't be changes come Thursday.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:01 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I would think that situations like this are times when its an advantage to have a Head Coach who is also the GM. It's all his call. There is no "showing up" of a GM if a coach sits high priced "talent". It's 100% his call. It's your team, make it yours. Send a message. And Brooks is right, all it does is allow some manueverabilty. What the worst that happens, some team actually claims Malakhov, Mironov, Rucinsky or Simon?

Reminds me of Major League:

Manager Lou Brown: "I thought you said that you didn't have any high priced talent on this team."

GM Charlie Donovan: "I forgot about Dorn because he's only high priced."

10-14-2003, 06:17 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN

I'm 100% convinced that he is reading this board daily! Some of his comments come straight from some of threads here, almost word for word. WTF! Oh, well!
Actually, alot of NYR fans all over the internet are saying pretty much the same stuff, except we say it a whole lot better, and with more tact.....you @#&%$#@*!!!! :p

Old
10-14-2003, 07:09 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN

people on every message board on the internet think that reporters take stuff from 'their' board, but in reality what happened is the fact that everyone on the planet sees the problems of the rangers except the people in charge of the rangers. so the comments on all message boards and from reporters IF the reporter is actually doing his job sound similar

Old
10-14-2003, 03:37 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
people on every message board on the internet think that reporters take stuff from 'their' board, but in reality what happened is the fact that everyone on the planet sees the problems of the rangers except the people in charge of the rangers. so the comments on all message boards and from reporters IF the reporter is actually doing his job sound similar
True but I bet quite a few reporters go on message boards like these to feel the pulse of the fans, just to see what's on all their minds. If in fact a writer did need any help in thinking up a topic for an article then message boards would be a smart place to start.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

What most people forget is that journalists are fans of the game too. Larry Brooks is just as tired of watching this crap as we are.

Old
10-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Edge

well from a writing perspective it's kinda hard when the same routine goes on for so many years. after a while you run out of things to talk about without sounding like a broken record.

Closed Thread