HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC - Russia 2017

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2016, 03:04 PM
  #101
Caser
Moderator
@RUSProspects
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga/Yaroslavl
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarIgo87 View Post
I'm not a fan of big one either. But it makes more sense because Bragin prefers bigger guys. He hasn't played yet at Black Sea Cup though.

Why Artem Minulin wasn't invited? I think he has pretty good chances to be on this team in December. Segachev, Zborovskiy, Rykov, Voronkov, Sidorov, Kudako/Volkov + Minulin. Here's D line-up for WJC as I see it now.
He missed U18 because of an injury, maybe he hasn't recovered yet. Besides, since he is a late 1998 born, he has to be really good to make Bragin's team.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2016, 09:51 AM
  #102
KarIgo87
Rider on the Storm
 
KarIgo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
He missed U18 because of an injury, maybe he hasn't recovered yet. Besides, since he is a late 1998 born, he has to be really good to make Bragin's team.
Yeah, I've just realized that he's only 2017 draft eligible so maybe he's too young for WJC. But he's not much younger than some invited '98 defensemen and he's had pretty solid rookie season in WHL. So he was worth a shot at least to look at him. Maybe because of injury, then I understand.
Popugayev wasn't in Sochi btw.

From what I've seen at Black Sea Cup Artyomov-Glotov-Tyanulin line was pretty good. So was Babenko-Sholokov-Smirnov. From Russia-2 Karnaukhov and Bobylev excelled (aside from obvious Vorobyov-Guryanov line). Zhukenov wasn't that impressive unfortunately. I was hoping that dynamic Omsk's duo Sokolov-Zhukenov which was great in Juniors will reunite in December. But I guess now it's highly unlikely. Still has doubts about small Yaroslavl's guys but Yurtaikin should be on a team.

From these almost 50 guys only 15-17 will be on Russian WJC team in December. Any guesses?


Last edited by KarIgo87: 05-29-2016 at 10:05 AM.
KarIgo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2016, 01:51 PM
  #103
Caser
Moderator
@RUSProspects
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga/Yaroslavl
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
Somehow today mostly Russia-2 guys caught my eye, even though they lost.

Liked Korostelev and Karnaukhov, also the Loko line. Also very glad about Sukhachyov's performance.
Rykov was very active, but that wasn't very efficient though.
Was expecting much more from Guryanov and Vorobyov today.

Bragin confirmed that there is no camp in Canada this year, so the next stop for Russian based players is the Four Nations tournament in August, for CHL based players - the Superseries.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2016, 07:08 AM
  #104
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,682
vCash: 500
Are the jersey numbers listed anywhere for the Black Sea Cup? I could only find the lineups but no numbers. Thanks in advance.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 01:30 PM
  #105
Caser
Moderator
@RUSProspects
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga/Yaroslavl
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
4 Nations tournament roster:

GK
Ilya Samsonov
Vladislav Sukhachyov

D
Artyom Chmykhov
Kamil Fazylzyanov
Vadim Kudako
Yegor Rykov
Mikhail Sidorov
Artyom Volkov
Yegor Voronkov
Yegor Zaitsev

FW
Artyom Artyomov
Kirill Belyaev
Nikolay Chebykin
Kirill Kaprizov
Klim Kostin
Pavel Kudryavtsev
Danila Kvartalnov
Nikita Li
Alexandr Polunin
German Rubtsov
Alexandr Volkov
Mikhail Vorobyov

Bannikov, Karpukhin, Volodin, Gizdatullin and Bobylyov were the last cuts.

Bragin also mentioned that he wanted to invite Yurtaikin-Alexeyev-Krikunenko line, but they're busy at the junior club world championships. Also Bragin stated that Samsonov, Sukhachyov, Volkov and Krasotkin are the goalie candidates this year.

So I guess all the other Russia based guys not mentioned above will have to really step up to make it to the final roster.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 02:10 PM
  #106
KarIgo87
Rider on the Storm
 
KarIgo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
4 Nations tournament roster:
Bragin also mentioned that he wanted to invite Yurtaikin-Alexeyev-Krikunenko line, but they're busy at the junior club world championships. Also Bragin stated that Samsonov, Sukhachyov, Volkov and Krasotkin are the goalie candidates this year.

So I guess all the other Russia based guys not mentioned above will have to really step up to make it to the final roster.
lol so I guess this junior club world championship means so much more than start of the KHL season and it's OK that Ufa's playing without their 3rd/4th junior line, Dynamo with their injuries in D is forced to play with guys like Barantsev and the best Lokomotiv's line is broken (Kozun was a good replacement though).
But this Yaroslavl line 2.0 is pretty nasty. I'm not sure if all of them are gonna be on NT in December but Yurtaikin definitely should be.

KarIgo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 04:19 PM
  #107
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,245
vCash: 500
Krasotkin definitely deserves that back-up role. I hope he gets it.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 04:22 PM
  #108
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,245
vCash: 500
What's going on with Guryanov?

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 04:31 PM
  #109
KarIgo87
Rider on the Storm
 
KarIgo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
What's going on with Guryanov?
He's in Texas I guess.

KarIgo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 04:33 PM
  #110
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,245
vCash: 500
Geesh. I haven't been following any of this in the summer.

Unless Guryanov lights up the AHL (doubt it), I am betting we won't be seeing him on the team. Because as a pro he won't be on the superseries roster.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 04:50 PM
  #111
KarIgo87
Rider on the Storm
 
KarIgo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Geesh. I haven't been following any of this in the summer.

Unless Guryanov lights up the AHL (doubt it), I am betting we won't be seeing him on the team. Because as a pro he won't be on the superseries roster.
Yeah, that's not good. But at least Bragin knows his abilities and he made Kaprizov-Vorobyov-Guryanov line that looked dangerous. I guess he'll be invited to NT in December anyway. So will Trenin. He'll have his chances but Polunin can replace him easily.

KarIgo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2016, 05:19 PM
  #112
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,245
vCash: 500
Don't know how I feel about this team. I like the defense. Goaltending is strong. The forward group is a solid group of guys, but with questionable offensive upside. Maybe Klim Kostin is good enough to carry some of the scoring load, but he is a '99. I can see someone like Yurtaikin breaking out. Abramov could inject some offense.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2016, 09:50 AM
  #113
Caser
Moderator
@RUSProspects
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga/Yaroslavl
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
By the way, Bragin also mentioned top candidates from NA: Provorov, Trenin, Sergachyov, Abramov and Zaitsev. I guess he forgot Guryanov, since he just left there.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2016, 05:35 PM
  #114
KarIgo87
Rider on the Storm
 
KarIgo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
By the way, Bragin also mentioned top candidates from NA: Provorov, Trenin, Sergachyov, Abramov and Zaitsev. I guess he forgot Guryanov, since he just left there.
I hope Zborovsky, Minulin and probably Sokolov will draw his attention as well.
I know Munulin is only 17 but he has soild size and had a great first year in WHL. And he's still '98. Last year Bragin took three '97 defenders.
And Dynamo's Zaitsev is pretty valued by his club and probably will have a spot in Dynamo's roster this year. So I think Yegor has more chances than Dmitri.

Sergachev-Zborovsky
Rykov-Minulin
Voronkov-Sidorov
Kudako-Volkov/Zaitsev Yegor

P.S. I just can't stop with WJC lines guesses. Now for some reason I think Bragin is planning this big grinder 4th line: Chebykin-Belyaev-Mityakin. And first 2 lines I guess will be something like this:

Kaprizov-Vorobyov-Guryanov
Polunin-Trenin-Abramov

or
Polunin-Vorobyov-Kaprizov
Abramov-Trenin-Guryanov


And I'd really like 3rd line to be Yaroslavl 2.0: Yurtaikin-Alexeyev-Krikunenko. But I'm sure only in Yurtaikin and there's still no Rubtsov in my lines. So Yurtaikin-Rubtsov-Sokolov/Popugayev. Glotov and maybe Zhukenov are dark horses.


Last edited by KarIgo87: 08-25-2016 at 06:54 PM.
KarIgo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 03:10 AM
  #115
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Guys, let's forget Guryanov already. He's made the worst decision and he won't be on the U20 NT or the NT any time soon or ever. Another casualty of the idiocracy.

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 12:54 PM
  #116
rakitic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarIgo87 View Post
I hope Zborovsky, Minulin and probably Sokolov will draw his attention as well.
I know Munulin is only 17 but he has soild size and had a great first year in WHL. And he's still '98. Last year Bragin took three '97 defenders.
And Dynamo's Zaitsev is pretty valued by his club and probably will have a spot in Dynamo's roster this year. So I think Yegor has more chances than Dmitri.

Sergachev-Zborovsky
Rykov-Minulin
Voronkov-Sidorov
Kudako-Volkov/Zaitsev Yegor

P.S. I just can't stop with WJC lines guesses. Now for some reason I think Bragin is planning this big grinder 4th line: Chebykin-Belyaev-Mityakin. And first 2 lines I guess will be something like this:

Kaprizov-Vorobyov-Guryanov
Polunin-Trenin-Abramov

or
Polunin-Vorobyov-Kaprizov
Abramov-Trenin-Guryanov


And I'd really like 3rd line to be Yaroslavl 2.0: Yurtaikin-Alexeyev-Krikunenko. But I'm sure only in Yurtaikin and there's still no Rubtsov in my lines. So Yurtaikin-Rubtsov-Sokolov/Popugayev. Glotov and maybe Zhukenov are dark horses.
I think Bragin will try to avoid grinder-line and give them one creative winger (like Golyshev/Lauta in 2015 and 2016). It's difficult to tell who - Yurtaikin, Artemov, Glotov, maybe somebody else.

Agree that Loko-Line isn't good enough to make the team as a line, and i'm pretty sure that Rubtsov will be 2/3 line center. Kostin is better than Popugaev and imho Bragin won't expect much from Sokolov - one-way player, attitude problems, etc.

Also I hope that we'll get two-three big risers, especially from 98s - like Kayumov, Shvyryov, Maltsev.

Right now i predict these lines:

Kaprizov - Vorobyov - Guryanov (no way Bragin'll ignore him)
Polunin - Trenin - Abramov
X - Rubtsov - Kostin
Yurtaikin - X - Chebykin

rakitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 02:26 PM
  #117
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,245
vCash: 500
All this love for Trenin is baffling. He has a chance to make the team, but penciling him in for 2C is premature.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 03:38 PM
  #118
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rostov-on-Don
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Yea I also don't understand all the love for Trenin. And I'm not sold on a Polunin-xxxx-Abramov line either. Is Bragin gonna wan't two midget wingers on the same line?

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 04:18 PM
  #119
rakitic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Yea I also don't understand all the love for Trenin. And I'm not sold on a Polunin-xxxx-Abramov line either. Is Bragin gonna wan't two midget wingers on the same line?
Trenin was really close to final roster last year. We don't have many centers who has elite (or good) vision and playmaking skills, and Trenin can make good chemistry with top wingers.

Bragin used line with Tolchinsky and Goldobin, now he made Polunin-Kaprizov line, so two midget wingers won't be a problem for him.

rakitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 04:31 PM
  #120
Caser
Moderator
@RUSProspects
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga/Yaroslavl
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakitic View Post
Trenin was really close to final roster last year. We don't have many centers who has elite (or good) vision and playmaking skills, and Trenin can make good chemistry with top wingers.

Bragin used line with Tolchinsky and Goldobin, now he made Polunin-Kaprizov line, so two midget wingers won't be a problem for him.
Basically agree about Trenin, also as an advantage he got size and also can play wing.

Goldobin is 6'0" - far from being midget.


About the Loko line, I think it's pretty simple: if they're still that good at the SSS - they all make it, if not - it is pretty realistic that noone from them makes it.

Returning to Bragin's NA-based candidate list I'm now also surprised about Zborovskiy not being there.

About Mityakin, so far I have an impression that Bragin doesn't see him in the roster, don't exactly understand why.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 04:34 PM
  #121
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakitic View Post
Trenin was really close to final roster last year. We don't have many centers who has elite (or good) vision and playmaking skills, and Trenin can make good chemistry with top wingers.
Trenin is a role player at best. I don't mind him on the roster - he is big and strong on the puck and faceoffs - but I do not want to see him receiving major offensive responsibilities. He is simply not that good.

I also do not believe Bragin will give him this kind of role, one of the reasons being that Trenin is also a CHLer. Unless he develops sudden chemistry with someone during SSS, he has a ways to go.

Trenin's status from last year is not terribly relevant. We have seen some instances of players almost making teams and then not sniffing a roster spot the following year.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 04:38 PM
  #122
Fantomas
Registered User
 
Fantomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Yea I also don't understand all the love for Trenin. And I'm not sold on a Polunin-xxxx-Abramov line either. Is Bragin gonna wan't two midget wingers on the same line?
We'll see. If Guryanov is out of the picture, scoring options might be slim.

As far as the top two centers go, I would be comfortable with Vorobiev and Rubtsov. Trenin can take the occasional key faceoff.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 04:42 PM
  #123
rakitic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Basically agree about Trenin, also as an advantage he got size and also can play wing.

Goldobin is 6'0" - far from being midget.


About the Loko line, I think it's pretty simple: if they're still that good at the SSS - they all make it, if not - it is pretty realistic that noone from them makes it.

Returning to Bragin's NA-based candidate list I'm now also surprised about Zborovskiy not being there.

About Mityakin, so far I have an impression that Bragin doesn't see him in the roster, don't exactly understand why.
About Goldobin - not midget, of course, light wingers, what is more important.

About NA-candidates - I think he told first names which came to mind. D.Zaitsev can't be lock for example.

rakitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 04:52 PM
  #124
rakitic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Trenin is a role player at best. I don't mind him on the roster - he is big and strong on the puck and faceoffs - but I do not want to see him receiving major offensive responsibilities. He is simply not that good.

I also do not believe Bragin will give him this kind of role, one of the reasons being that Trenin is also a CHLer. Unless he develops sudden chemistry with someone during SSS, he has a ways to go.

Trenin's status from last year is not terribly relevant. We have seen some instances of players almost making teams and then not sniffing a roster spot the following year.
Bragin's teams are all about role players. 95s and 96s teams especially. Last year we had first PP unit but it wasn't first line. We had two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines. Trenin is ok as 2/3C and he played with Abramov in Gatineau. I would be glad if we had 4 centers better than Trenin - but we haven't.

rakitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2016, 07:15 PM
  #125
kp61c
On vam ne Dimon!
 
kp61c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
We'll see. If Guryanov is out of the picture, scoring options might be slim.

As far as the top two centers go, I would be comfortable with Vorobiev and Rubtsov. Trenin can take the occasional key faceoff.
jeez, rubtsov shouldn't get even a sniff at the first/second line.
guryanov should be on the team. if nothing else the guy has size which that team is sorely lacking.

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.