HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nieuwendyk disses the Kings

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

vCash: 500
Nieuwendyk disses the Kings

Here's a funny quote from Nieuwendyk -

"To me, that L.A. team is nothing fancy," said Joe Nieuwendyk, whose goal ruined Garon's shutout 8 minutes 48 seconds into the third period. "That's a team we should beat."

Funny....considering Florida looked HORRIBLE out there (and their overall record proves it). Looks like Joe's going senile in his old age. Luckily he got a lucky bounce or we walk out of there celebrating a shutout. Roberts was the only FLA player who looked like he has a pulse.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...nes-sports-nhl

Old
12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
Here's a funny quote from Nieuwendyk -

"To me, that L.A. team is nothing fancy," said Joe Nieuwendyk, whose goal ruined Garon's shutout 8 minutes 48 seconds into the third period. "That's a team we should beat."

Funny....considering Florida looked HORRIBLE out there (and their overall record proves it). Looks like Joe's going senile in his old age. Luckily he got a lucky bounce or we walk out of there celebrating a shutout. Roberts was the only FLA player who looked like he has a pulse.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...nes-sports-nhl
Nothing like taking verbal shots at a team right after they owned your team.

Old
12-12-2005, 10:23 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
Great. Now that someone has brought this topic up, I can break out this gem of a retort: Well, if the Kings are nothing fancy, I guess that makes the Panthers just plain nothing.

Your move, Joe...your move....

Old
12-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pope (from Family Guy)
He's a cooking something

Old
12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Florida should be beating a lot more teams. They only won 1 game in November. Maybe Joe should shut his mouth since his team can't play with the big boys.

Old
12-12-2005, 11:23 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Florida should be beating a lot more teams. They only won 1 game in November. Maybe Joe should shut his mouth since his team can't play with the big boys.
He and JR have the same PR representation apparently.

Old
12-12-2005, 11:25 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

so what is the deal with that team? their roster doesn't look that bad.

Old
12-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Yeah, I saw that as well.

Maybe Dr. Keenan needs to up Joe's meds in the Florida Panthers retirement home. You know to keep him from going senile again and making comments like that.

Old
12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
so what is the deal with that team? their roster doesn't look that bad.
Stumpel

Old
12-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Yeah, I saw that as well.

Maybe Dr. Keenan needs to up Joe's meds in the Florida Panthers retirement home. You know to keep him from going senile again and making comments like that.
Obviously Joe knew that this was the last time he would have to play against the Kings (barring a rematch in the finals). So he felt secure in making the statement knowing there would be no repercussion. The guy has alot of chutzpah!

Old
12-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Stumpel
'Nuff said.

Old
12-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Obviously Joe knew that this was the last time he would have to play against the Kings (barring a rematch in the finals). So he felt secure in making the statement knowing there would be no repercussion. The guy has alot of chutzpah!

Old
12-13-2005, 02:51 AM
Osprey

There's nothing wrong with what Joe said. Apparently, some Kings fans still think it's November. Teams with an atrocious 27th-ranked powerplay that have only one scoring line and haven't scored more than 2 goals in 6 games should be beatable by most teams. Of course, I'm not referring the Panthers; that's the Kings right now. The way the Kings have been playing, even the lowliest teams could beat them. If you were a Panthers fan, you'd consider the Kings a team you should beat at the moment, too. IMO, it's just slightly pathetic to call Joe way out of line and knock the Panthers with the way the Kings are playing. If the Kings want to be a team that is feared and respected again, they'll have to play a whole lot better because, right now, they aren't scaring anybody. Joe's quote should be a wake-up call to that fact.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-13-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Old
12-13-2005, 02:58 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
There's nothing wrong with what Joe said. Apparently, some Kings fans still think it's November. Teams with an atrocious 27th-ranked powerplay that have only one scoring line and haven't scored more than 2 goals in 6 games should be beatable by most teams. Of course, I'm not referring the Panthers; that's the Kings right now. The way the Kings have been playing, even the lowliest teams could beat them. If you were a Panthers fan, you'd consider the Kings a team you should beat, too. IMO, it's just slightly pathetic to call Joe way out of line and knock the Panthers with the way the Kings are playing.
Wait a minute... are you me?

Old
12-13-2005, 09:30 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
There's nothing wrong with what Joe said. Apparently, some Kings fans still think it's November. Teams with an atrocious 27th-ranked powerplay that have only one scoring line and haven't scored more than 2 goals in 6 games should be beatable by most teams. Of course, I'm not referring the Panthers; that's the Kings right now. The way the Kings have been playing, even the lowliest teams could beat them. If you were a Panthers fan, you'd consider the Kings a team you should beat at the moment, too. IMO, it's just slightly pathetic to call Joe way out of line and knock the Panthers with the way the Kings are playing. If the Kings want to be a team that is feared and respected again, they'll have to play a whole lot better because, right now, they aren't scaring anybody. Joe's quote should be a wake-up call to that fact.
I don't know about that. As bad as they've been playing, seems like the Panthers are worse. If they'd lost that game, the Kings could easily have been saying "that's a game we should have one." It's not like the Panthers are a clear-cut better team than the Kings. And the Kings've got a win column that doubles theirs to back it up. You can say that they were better in November, but it doesn't change the fact that the Kings won 18 games and the Panthers have only won 9. Even if you say that their play has declined lately, I'm pretty sure the Panthers have been playing like that pretty much all year(though I admit, I haven't seen a lot of them). They've done nothing to warrant a claim theat they should beat the Kings.

Old
12-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I don't know about that. As bad as they've been playing, seems like the Panthers are worse. If they'd lost that game, the Kings could easily have been saying "that's a game we should have one." It's not like the Panthers are a clear-cut better team than the Kings. And the Kings've got a win column that doubles theirs to back it up. You can say that they were better in November, but it doesn't change the fact that the Kings won 18 games and the Panthers have only won 9. Even if you say that their play has declined lately, I'm pretty sure the Panthers have been playing like that pretty much all year(though I admit, I haven't seen a lot of them). They've done nothing to warrant a claim theat they should beat the Kings.

Old
12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Exactly.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Falloooooon

Quote:
Great. Now that someone has brought this topic up, I can break out this gem of a retort: Well, if the Kings are nothing fancy, I guess that makes the Panthers just plain nothing.

Joe wanted me to tell you that he can't hear what you are saying because he has 2 of his Stanley Cup Rings plugging his ears.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falloooooon
Joe wanted me to tell you that he can't hear what you are saying because he has 2 of his Stanley Cup Rings plugging his ears.
...and Leon Spinks was the heavy weight champeen...for a few weeks...

Old
12-13-2005, 03:18 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falloooooon
I'm glad he has those rings. I imagine that having a couple of reminders that he used to part of a successful team are of great solace to him in the dressing room after all those games that the Panthers should have won.

Closed Thread