HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rumor - Kvasha, Richards and Allison Possible Flame Targets

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2005, 02:17 PM
agentmouthwash

vCash: 500
As an Islander fan, I wouldn't mind if any team took Kvasha for a bag of pucks. The guy is the laziest floater on the ice. I just want the team to dump his salary.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers
I also believe the Lightning will not have the Cap Space to sign another star player.
What's the cap going to be next year?

Until you can answer that question, there's no way to know how much cap space anyone will have.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy
Never. TB can't afford Richards next year so he can be had on the cheap.
Our GM says differently. I think I'll take his word over yours.

12-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Hockeyfan02

I didn't know HF had so many gms/cap experts here to say the Lightning will not be able to keep Brad Richards next season. If it's true the cap will go up, the Lightning will be able to afford all 3 big forwards which message board GMs panic about how the Lightning will not be able to keep. With the way the cap could go up this year, those 3 might not even take up half the payroll. If it's a stretch on the cap, they have a few guys who are replaceable.

I think the deal offered in the paper was fair value, but no thanks. The Lightning do not have to trade Brad Richards so why should they during this season? Regher would be good for the blue line, but the downgrade at center IMO is not worth it. Daymond Langkow can not produce with Jarome Iginla which is the reason the Flames are looking for a top line center so why should the Lightning expect him to produce with Modin and St. Louis? I'd love to have Regher, but I'd rather keep Richards over Langkow. You can not go wrong with either Regher or Richards.

The underrating of Brad Richards continues. Flame fans saw first hand this guy scoring clutch goals in the finals, yet he's still only a "smallish forward" to some. He's an elite center with very good vision, a pretty good shot, solid in his own end and on the PK, and a good forechecker. He can almost do it all and is entering the prime of his career. The only question marks about his game were how he would handle the physicality of the playoffs....well I'd say he passed that test.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan
Care to elaborate?
I think his point was that the Bruins were struggling and looking to shake up their team, as were the San Jose Sharks. The Lightning are not struggling and have no reason to trade Brad Richards right now.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
gobolt7

Wow, looks like I have missed out on some "fun" today.

Quote:
I think the deal offered in the paper was fair value, but no thanks. The Lightning do not have to trade Brad Richards so why should they during this season? Regher would be good for the blue line, but the downgrade at center IMO is not worth it. Daymond Langkow can not produce with Jarome Iginla which is the reason the Flames are looking for a top line center so why should the Lightning expect him to produce with Modin and St. Louis? I'd love to have Regher, but I'd rather keep Richards over Langkow. You can not go wrong with either Regher or Richards.

The underrating of Brad Richards continues. Flame fans saw first hand this guy scoring clutch goals in the finals, yet he's still only a "smallish forward" to some. He's an elite center with very good vision, a pretty good shot, solid in his own end and on the PK, and a good forechecker. He can almost do it all and is entering the prime of his career. The only question marks about his game were how he would handle the physicality of the playoffs....well I'd say he passed that test.
Well said, that about sums up my thoughts on this thread. Richards is not going anywhere.

Last edited by gobolt7: 12-13-2005 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreim
2: That's not exactly a fair trade. Richards would be a number 1 center on most NHL teams, while Langkow and Regehr IMO are dime-a-dozen players who's calibre is more easily attainable than shipping off a player of Richards' calibre.
Regehr a dime a dozen player? He's our best defenseman and plays for Canada in international competitions. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7
Well said, that about somes up my thoughts on this thread. Richards is not going anywhere.
I wouldn't say that. We've seen Thornton, Sturm, Stuart, Heatley and Hossa moved already this year. Hell, SUTTER aquired Huselius...

I love how HF posters seem to know who's tradeble and who isn't.

For all we know, Richards could very well be going somewhere. Or not.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
Not really. But.

Consider the contract amounts.
Consider the teams they are on--Boston, slumping... Tampa not so much.
Proven PO performer vs hopefully this year.

If you want more I'll have to give it to you when I get off work

Old
12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
I wouldn't say that. We've seen Thornton, Sturm, Stuart, Heatley and Hossa moved already this year. Hell, SUTTER aquired Huselius...
Those were VERY different circumstances. If you can't see that yourself, it's not worth trying to explain it.

Quote:
I love how HF posters seem to know who's tradeble and who isn't.
...and I love how HF posters think they know better than our GM. I can take comfort in that none of the players they've insisted that Tampa would be trading/must trade has been traded.

Old
12-13-2005, 06:02 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik
They are??? How about John Grahame 9 straight wins?

It's a monumental step to go from 20 games a year as a back-up to having to shoulder the load with 60-65 starts and then the playoffs. You don't know if Grahame can even be as good as a Thibeault, Cloutier, or Biron who break down with the workload.

There's a reason he's a career back-up.

Old
12-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Phaneuf*

Regher is a dime a dozen type player. I agree with Erick.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Kritty

People around here need to stop generalizing team's fans into one big group as "Flames fans" or "Leafs fans" or whoever. That's a very poor judgement. There are those out there that ruin it for the rest, don't make assumptions based on the ignorant ones.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Those were VERY different circumstances. If you can't see that yourself, it's not worth trying to explain it.

...and I love how HF posters think they know better than our GM. I can take comfort in that none of the players they've insisted that Tampa would be trading/must trade has been traded.

He didn't imply there was any probable cause that Richards would be traded; he just indicated that anything is possible. It's not a personal affront.

As a long-time fan of one of hockey's greater dynasties, I can assure you that trades will happen to the Tampa Bay core over time. Consider it a compliment that their players are often speculated in threads by other posters.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:37 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky
As a long-time fan of one of hockey's greater dynasties, I can assure you that trades will happen to the Tampa Bay core over time. Consider it a compliment that their players are often speculated in threads by other posters.
The problem I have with alot of this is that people ae saying that we will have to move him because of the cap. Nobody knows what that number will be, so nobody knows who will have to be moved. Secondly, there may have to be some moves in Tampa based on whatever that number is, however other players will be moved in order to keep Brad Richards in a Tampa uniform.

Old
12-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos

For all one knows, Feaster could be thinking he needs to move Richards sooner or later for cap reasons.
I love how some HF posters actually think they know what their GM is or is not thinking.
BTW, thanks for pointing out the situations were different. They always are. At least you were good enough to realize that we all saw that.

Old
12-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
I love how some HF posters actually think they know what their GM is or is not thinking.
Sometimes, some of us do. Jay Feaster is very accessible to the fans and he talks with many of us one-on-one. For example, he personally told me that the goal was to have the cap go up because they have no intention of losing Brad Richards and if the cap goes up, they were more likely to accomplish that without having to "subtract" anyone to do it. (FWIW, he told me that before the season started.)

Old
12-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029
Sometimes, some of us do. Jay Feaster is very accessible to the fans and he talks with many of us one-on-one. For example, he personally told me that the goal was to have the cap go up because they have no intention of losing Brad Richards and if the cap goes up, they were more likely to accomplish that without having to "subtract" anyone to do it. (FWIW, he told me that before the season started.)
Using that 'rationale", we all know what our GMs are thinking cause they all talk to the press on virtually each & every matter.
Furthur, do you actually think he'd let Joe Fan in on his grand schemes (if he has them) , like trading anyone, never mind a player of Richards calibre, for whatever reason?

Old
12-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Using that 'rationale", we all know what our GMs are thinking cause they all talk to the press on virtually each & every matter.
Furthur, do you actually think he'd let Joe Fan in on his grand schemes (if he has them) , like trading anyone, never mind a player of Richards calibre, for whatever reason?
Maybe not, but the access Boltfan2029 and others who email Jay on a regular basis certainly have a better understanding on the Lightning/Richards situation than other posters in this thread and the writer who wrote the column in the paper that started this thread. If Jay Feaster lets them know his plan is to sign Richards and he's going to do everything possible to get it done, why should we not believe him and panic about Richards being traded away? I'm sure Jay Feaster has a plan if he can not sign Brad Richards, but right now the top priority to Feaster is to keep him.

Old
12-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
I'm not the press. I'm a fan and am privileged to have personal communcation with a GM.

Quote:
Perhaps not to the degree you're implying, let's just say he's said enough in the past to let an intelligent person reach a logical conclusion. He knows how to give you the information so you'll know the answer to your question without getting himself in trouble as far as players coming to the team. I don't think he'd be spilling much on players on their way out, however, one thing has held true during his tenure -- whenever he has made the very public statement that someone's not going anywhere... they havn't gone anywhere. Because of that, I firmly believe he will do everything in his power to keep Brad here, and that would include signing him to a 1-year deal and then trying to keep him as UFA, exactly as he was willing to do with Lecavalier if it had come to that. In other words, he's not going to just decide in a panic to trade him now without exhausting every avenue to get him signed.

Old
12-14-2005, 04:37 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Yes, I do. I have also talked with and discussed the team with Jay Feaster. He is very accessible to the fans amd more than willing to take the time to answer your questions.

Old
12-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Sotnos

I wasn't quoting you, so why you're directing your snotty comments at me I have no idea, but anyway...

Quote:
As several people have stated, we get a bit more info from our GM than most fans do, and god forbid if we think we know more about our team's financial situation than a columnist a thousand miles away. And as boltsfan2029 stated, when Feaster says he's not trading someone, he has kept his word during his tenure here, so we can be very confident that if Richards wants to stay here he'll be signed. Feaster is not the usual guy up in the ivory tower or used-car salesman type of GM, he hasn't lied to us yet about this sort of thing and has a very clear idea of how he wants the team & its core to look.

Quote:
BTW, thanks for pointing out the situations were different. They always are. At least you were good enough to realize that we all saw that.
From the person I quoted's laundry list of players who've been traded this season, it was quite plain that he wasn't taking into account the different circumstances at all.

Old
12-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Erik

Send a message via ICQ to Erik Send a message via AIM to Erik Send a message via MSN to Erik Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Quote:
Care to elaborate?

Remember the value that Thornton returned.
That's because the B's were shopping Thornton. How many times do people have to say, BRAD RICHARDS IS NOT AVAILABLE. Sheesh.

Old
12-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I also don't understand why posters keep harping on the "value that Thornton returned...". Thornton, even with his huge contract, brought back one of the best young dmen in the league and an excellent two-way winger. If the Bolts had to trade Richards, and they could get that kind of package in return, it wouldn't be so bad.

Old
12-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Erik

Send a message via ICQ to Erik Send a message via AIM to Erik Send a message via MSN to Erik Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzy
wow you must be new to hockey.

Welcome!!!
Again, I made that statement from a Lightning point of view, I would much rather have Richards at 3.4 million this year than Iginla at 7 million, or a goalie we don't need.

Bringing up Kipper and Iginla was my way of saying, Richards won't be going to Calgary.

Closed Thread