HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT: VAN @ NYR 12/13

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2005, 02:32 PM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Why do injured players always come back against us?
Because for the last seven years, playing the Rangers has been like sittng in your recliner with a cold beer in one hand, and a huge doob in the other....with the sound of Comfortably Numb playing in the backround.....

Last edited by HAPPY HOUR: 12-13-2005 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spellinghttp://www.thatvideosite.com/view/78.html
Old
12-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Talk about going out on a limb...considering Big Bert only has 1 goal in the past month.
lmao

Old
12-13-2005, 02:43 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev
As I said your first post is solid and with your amount of posts you have had I bet there are 1000's more like it, but as much as you are tired of it, its still fairly fresh to some people.
maybe it is still fresh in people's mind on the east coast that don't get to see the canucks alot... it certainly isn't getting the press it used to when the season started.

At the start of the season, every arena that Bert played in outside of Vancouver, there was booing from the moment he steps on the ice to every shift he played... since probably mid-November, that has lessened a huge deal - of course it's still there in every arena, and it will be till at least the end of the season, but it's a lot less now. Now, you get the odd boos every now and then - to be expected - but certainly not near the level we heard at the beginning of the season.

Do I go to every arena? definitely not... but I do watch every game. And I'm not deaf, nor is my audio so bad on the TV that I can't hear it...

As far as what other players are thinking... I can't comment on the thoughts they don't share with fans... but we've seen enough reports of players around the league openly saying that it's just not as big a deal as the media has made it out to be and it's time for all involved to move on. Gretzky (a coach) said this defending his stance on wanting Bert on Team Canada... Sakic and Blake (both Avs, expected to be on Team Canada) have also said that it's a over-blown thing and would have no problem with Bertuzzi on the team... even Brodeur went out to the media and said that it just wasn't that big a deal and would want Bertuzzi on Team Canada.

I can understand some fans holding on to this... but really, it's just not that big a deal that focus needs to be put into this over a year after the fact, and now 3 months into a new season. This isn't to say that what Bert did wasn't a big deal... but that in sports stuff like this happens... when Dale Hunter took out Turgeon after a playoff goal he scored, a year later people weren't talking about it... when Matt Johnson took out Ohlund with a dirty hit from behind, after his 12 game suspension, there wasn't the talk we hear about Bertuzzi from the media... the same when Gary Suter cross checked Kariya in the neck.

All these situations are terrible... and I don't mean to make light of any of them - including what Bert did... but this is hockey, and it's time to move on and talk about hockey... it's too bad that media in some places wants to still talk about an old story, but frankly most players aren't paying attention to this much more - not like some fans are... and even the fans, I know we're making our first trip to the East and as such this is now a new story all over again there... but in the West, it's very noticable that fans have started to forget this... no doubt they'll never forgive - nor should they... but like any story, eventually it dies out... and teams that have faced the canucks several times this season, to them the story is beginning to die out. Hell even the Avs went out and signed May - who was one of the agitators of the whole situation...

Watch any canuck game when they are on the road against a Western opponent, and you'll notice a huge difference in how loudly Bert is being booed now, compared to the start of the season, when it was still fresh in everyone's minds.

This will all die out eventually... we're seeing that already in our Western matchups... I guess for all you Ranger fans in NY, it's the first meeting, so I can't blame you for holding on to this still - and booing Bert everytime he touches the ice... but all signs are already pointing to the past being left in the past - thank God.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:53 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/58606.htm

Read that line very, very carefully.
With the Ranger play against sub-par teams, I think this is a favorable schedule for the Rangers.

Old
12-13-2005, 02:57 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
If I was serious, the would not have been there...

anywhoo.. its fun to play some of the East teams for a change, are you guys sick of all the division games yet?
Personally, I am not. I like facing the Flyers, Devs, Fishsticks and Pens more. Playing you guys once only makes it more special IMHO. For every matchup against you though, I have to remind myself there is also Columbuses and Anaheims. They have their stars but playing Philly 8 times this year is going to make the division race very interesting...

Last edited by nyranger61494: 12-13-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old
12-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Sports Archaeologist

Instead of having Moore go out and try to headhunt Bertuzzi, I'd like to see him hit them where it really hurts: the scoreboard.

I'd love to see Moore score one tonight...

Old
12-13-2005, 03:19 PM
larsmark

Who will be in goal? Weekes or Lundqvist? God I hope it's Lunkan so I get to see him play since the game is broadcasted in Sweden.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I wonder what Dominic Moore is thinking and feeling before the game tonight

Markus Naslund really made made an *** of himself with some his comments about Dom's brother

Quote:
Naslund told the Vancouver Sun that Moore does not have much support among his former Colorado Avalanche teammates. Naslund added: "I've got no respect for him at all."

"This is just a guy who's trying to hit a home run [financially]," Naslund told the Sun. "Someone who wasn't good enough to play
"
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...C-DT9705204233

Very classy

Old
12-13-2005, 03:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
maybe it is still fresh in people's mind on the east coast that don't get to see the canucks alot... it certainly isn't getting the press it used to when the season started.

At the start of the season, every arena that Bert played in outside of Vancouver, there was booing from the moment he steps on the ice to every shift he played... since probably mid-November, that has lessened a huge deal - of course it's still there in every arena, and it will be till at least the end of the season, but it's a lot less now. Now, you get the odd boos every now and then - to be expected - but certainly not near the level we heard at the beginning of the season.

Do I go to every arena? definitely not... but I do watch every game. And I'm not deaf, nor is my audio so bad on the TV that I can't hear it...

As far as what other players are thinking... I can't comment on the thoughts they don't share with fans... but we've seen enough reports of players around the league openly saying that it's just not as big a deal as the media has made it out to be and it's time for all involved to move on. Gretzky (a coach) said this defending his stance on wanting Bert on Team Canada... Sakic and Blake (both Avs, expected to be on Team Canada) have also said that it's a over-blown thing and would have no problem with Bertuzzi on the team... even Brodeur went out to the media and said that it just wasn't that big a deal and would want Bertuzzi on Team Canada.

I can understand some fans holding on to this... but really, it's just not that big a deal that focus needs to be put into this over a year after the fact, and now 3 months into a new season. This isn't to say that what Bert did wasn't a big deal... but that in sports stuff like this happens... when Dale Hunter took out Turgeon after a playoff goal he scored, a year later people weren't talking about it... when Matt Johnson took out Ohlund with a dirty hit from behind, after his 12 game suspension, there wasn't the talk we hear about Bertuzzi from the media... the same when Gary Suter cross checked Kariya in the neck.

All these situations are terrible... and I don't mean to make light of any of them - including what Bert did... but this is hockey, and it's time to move on and talk about hockey... it's too bad that media in some places wants to still talk about an old story, but frankly most players aren't paying attention to this much more - not like some fans are... and even the fans, I know we're making our first trip to the East and as such this is now a new story all over again there... but in the West, it's very noticable that fans have started to forget this... no doubt they'll never forgive - nor should they... but like any story, eventually it dies out... and teams that have faced the canucks several times this season, to them the story is beginning to die out. Hell even the Avs went out and signed May - who was one of the agitators of the whole situation...

Watch any canuck game when they are on the road against a Western opponent, and you'll notice a huge difference in how loudly Bert is being booed now, compared to the start of the season, when it was still fresh in everyone's minds.

This will all die out eventually... we're seeing that already in our Western matchups... I guess for all you Ranger fans in NY, it's the first meeting, so I can't blame you for holding on to this still - and booing Bert everytime he touches the ice... but all signs are already pointing to the past being left in the past - thank God.
The Bertuzzi hit was premediated

Quote:
Bertuzzi said there “absolutely” would be retaliation against Moore. “Games will come, and situations will present itself,” were his nauseatingly ominous words in the Rocky Mountain News
Quote:
And off Bertuzzi went Monday night, shadowing Moore, stride-for-stride, before sucker-punching him from behind and shoving his face into the ice so violently as to fracture his neck, give him a concussion and cut his face in several places. A pool of blood formed about him on the ice. Moore was unconscious for a time and had to be taken off on a stretcher
http://www.thecrimson.com/printerfri...spx?ref=358136

Old
12-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
I wonder what Dominic Moore is thinking and feeling before the game tonight

Markus Naslund really made made an *** of himself with some his comments about Dom's brother

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...C-DT9705204233

Very classy
Overall I think Näslund made a very good statement. Moore had allot of badluck breaking his neck on the play, IMO it was a freak incident. Honestly, what injures Moore is when Bert takes him down, the hits with the fists don't even connect. Atleast 10 times per year you see players taken down harder then that when they are infront of the net trying to poke in a rebound.

But I agree with you that Näslund commenting on Moore was out of line. But there is/was no need for taking it to courts, unless Moore would sue the league.

Lemieux's hit on Draper could have killed him a few years ago, and he got 2 games suspension. Bettman and Co. set the standards right there...

Old
12-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Yeah. I hate Bertuzzi

Old
12-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Large_Farva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Overall I think Näslund made a very good statement. Moore had allot of badluck breaking his neck on the play, IMO it was a freak incident. Honestly, what injures Moore is when Bert takes him down, the hits with the fists don't even connect. Atleast 10 times per year you see players taken down harder then that when they are infront of the net trying to poke in a rebound.

But I agree with you that Näslund commenting on Moore was out of line. But there is/was no need for taking it to courts, unless Moore would sue the league.
How many times a year do we see players having their head slammed into the ice again?

Old
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Sports Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola

Lemieux's hit on Draper could have killed him a few years ago, and he got 2 games suspension. Bettman and Co. set the standards right there...
There is a big difference between an injury happening during play and an injury occuring as a result of a cheap shot, though...

Old
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Does anyone realize that there is a good hockey game being played tonight? who cares what Naslund said, Bertuzzi did, what Moore should do, that has nothing to do with the hockey game being played tonight, talk about hockey not some Dr.Phil blah blah blah crap. There is 20 players on each team, this game isn't about 1 or 2 players, even if the media or some posters try to make it out to be.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Large_Farva*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
Does anyone realize that there is a good hockey game being played tonight? who cares what Naslund said, Bertuzzi did, what Moore should do, that has nothing to do with the hockey game being played tonight, talk about hockey not some Dr.Phil blah blah blah crap. There is 20 players on each team, this game isn't about 1 or 2 players, even if the media or some posters try to make it out to be.
Let's leave Dr. Phil out of this, please!

Old
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

What does the Rangers line-up look like?

Old
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
jtuzzi and farva:

Enough. You are not going to turn this GDT into a battle ground to continue your little grudge match. Bertuzzi is not the topic of this thread. Knock it off.

12-13-2005, 03:55 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
jtuzzi and farva:

Enough. You are not going to turn this GDT into a battle ground to continue your little grudge match. Bertuzzi is not the topic of this thread. Knock it off.
Fair enough.

Old
12-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Nich

So Whos Starting In Net?

Old
12-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Skroob*

IF i was Dom, i would put away my Snyergy for the game, and go back to a nice old-school *heavy* wooden stick.

As Teddy used to say, "Speak softly...."

Old
12-13-2005, 04:17 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
2 hours before game time, and 70 posts, yea, this is a game I'm looking forward to.

Let's win. That's all I care about.

Old
12-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Colt.45Orr

Does someone have the line-ups for both teams?

please and thanks...

Old
12-13-2005, 04:29 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Yeah. I hate Bertuzzi
everyone outside of canada does. big game tonight. big stretch of games coming up. let's git r done!!!

Old
12-13-2005, 04:29 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

still waiting for the Rangers one..
here is Canucks.

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi
Sedin - Sedin - Carter
Cooke - Kesler - Park
Ruutu - Linden - Brookbank/Goren (not sure yet, doesn't matter really)

Ohlund - Salo
Jovanovski - Allen
McCarthy - Baumgartner

Auld
Oullette

Old
12-13-2005, 04:32 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Yeah. I hate Bertuzzi
Is there anything associated with Vancouver - better yet the Canucks - that you don't hate?

Closed Thread