HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The Oilers play like Mac T did

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Big T

vCash: 500
The Oilers play like Mac T did

I'm sure many of you have heard the theory that a team takes on the personality of the coach and myabe even the GM (more so the coach). If that is the case, and I think it might be, is Mac T our man. He used to play tight, defensive hockey and never really had much scoring prowess.

Now I like him and I really like Lowe, but if we were to operate on this theory who would you like a coach?

This is where I think bringing Craig Simpson in was brilliance on Lowe's part. I think he will be the one to lead the Oil to the promised land after the CBA is worked out.

I hope this doesn't degenerate into a bunch of Mac T hating. I'm wondering if this line of thinking has any merit.

Old
10-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Hairball

vCash: 500
Absolutely. You teach what you know. Makes perfect sense to go with what got you there. I agree with you. The single best thing that Lowe did this summer was bring Simpson on board.

Closed Thread