HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bulldogs News

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Joe Malone

vCash: 500
Bulldogs News

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but I just read it on the Hamilton Buldogs Newsletter.

RECENT BULLDOGS TRANSACTIONS:

Oct. 13 - Olivier Michaud (G) assigned to Columbus (ECHL)
Oct. 13 - Christian Larrivee (C) assigned to Columbus (ECHL)
Oct. 14 - Matt Shasby (D) assigned to Columbus (ECHL)

Old
10-15-2003, 03:15 PM
habsfan11

i dont understand why they would send down larivee over thinel and i dont want to see shasby and michaud get sent down, but i guess its a numbers game

Old
10-15-2003, 03:46 PM
Kirk Muller

Michael Ryder found his way down to the ECHL early in his pro career as well. If these guys have what it takes, skill wise and work ethic, they will find there way back to the Bulldogs and hopefully the habs one day. Time is the only thing that will tell, guys that can overcome a little adversity are the guys I would want on my team.

Old
10-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Bulis

vCash:
Michaud in the ECHL ? This doens't look good for this promising goalie... I Love Michaud and i tought he was playing good...

Old
10-15-2003, 04:05 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulis
Michaud in the ECHL ? This doens't look good for this promising goalie... I Love Michaud and i tought he was playing good...
It was pretty much a question of time.. with Fichaud and Damphousse over him in the depth chart, it was almost a given that he'd start in the ECHL. If he works hard he might be the starter next year in Hamilton. Fichaud's contract expires after this season. Michaud will only have to outplay Damphousse to get the #1 job.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Is Colombus the only ECHL team with Habs prospects?

Old
10-15-2003, 05:16 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

The Bulldogs have the same problem of the Habs. They have to much players. Wait for the next season and Michaud and Shasby will be in the AHL.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Go Habs Go

At Shasby's age, going down to the ECHL is not a good thing.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:09 PM
Drunk World Order

Michaud should be with the dogs...Fichaud should be released or re-assigned...whats up with that?

Old
10-16-2003, 02:55 PM
oosik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
At Shasby's age, going down to the ECHL is not a good thing.
With Komiserik moving down, just too many Def in Hamilton. Better to be active than not. One has to assume that some trades will be made with either Traverse or Dykhus. Hamilton's payroll rivals some of the lower NHL teams .

Old
10-16-2003, 06:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Take the 4 tampa players off the roster, and there's more playing time for our prospects. Also, Archer and Milroy have yet to play a game, while Ferland hasn't gotten much ice time either. Take Dykhuis, Traverse, Blouin, Dwyer off the team, and you got more room for our prospects. Yes winning is good, very good, but once again the numbers game takes it's bite.

Old
10-17-2003, 05:44 AM
Habs4ever

We can't trade those guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosik
With Komiserik moving down, just too many Def in Hamilton. Better to be active than not. One has to assume that some trades will be made with either Traverse or Dykhus. Hamilton's payroll rivals some of the lower NHL teams .

Nobody wants them, Hamilton didn't ask for those guys, they were demoted don't say its hamilton fault for getting NHl'rs while those guys are terrible for us on the pro team, atleast we won't get to see them mistake in big games atleast, Traverse and Dykhuis are habs burden and they'll have to play them one way or another.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:16 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
Nobody wants them, Hamilton didn't ask for those guys, they were demoted don't say its hamilton fault for getting NHl'rs while those guys are terrible for us on the pro team, atleast we won't get to see them mistake in big games atleast, Traverse and Dykhuis are habs burden and they'll have to play them one way or another.
You can view them as burden or you can view them as insurance policies. It's early in the season and if ever the Habs get into injury problems, Dykhuis and Traverse can be useful. I prefer they play in Hamilton, help the young D's and be ready if they are needed.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:51 AM
PrairieHabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Take the 4 tampa players off the roster, and there's more playing time for our prospects. Also, Archer and Milroy have yet to play a game, while Ferland hasn't gotten much ice time either. Take Dykhuis, Traverse, Blouin, Dwyer off the team, and you got more room for our prospects. Yes winning is good, very good, but once again the numbers game takes it's bite.
I agree. At the very least the 4 Tampa players should be taken off the roster. I don't really understand why the Habs would agree to that. Is it more important to win at the AHL level than have your own players develop and increase your chances of winning down the road?

Old
10-17-2003, 07:12 AM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
So why dont we buy our 4 players out. Obviously they arent going to make it back to the nhl with the habs, and i believe players like milroy and shasby have a higher up-side and can benefit from more ice time

Closed Thread