HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arvedson

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 07:44 AM
sheep

vCash: 500
Arvedson

Anybody dissappointed by his play so far.No better or worse than Klatt would have played so far if you ask me.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Impossibles

Give him a few more games. He has been far from bad, and his line is generating a lot of scoring chances.

Remember how bad Malik and Salo looked their first dozen games here? I think it takes a few games for guys like him to get into a groove.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Red

I don't think disappointed is the right word for it. Underwhelmed and content is more like it. I really, REALLY like his defense and that 3rd line is arguably already one of the best in the league. He's shown great wheels and a move or two but he just hasn't produced thus far, which is a bit disappointed. Nobody expected him to be the savior of the second line problem but it'd be nice to see him rack up some points and be a consistent threat out there. That said, it is only 4 games in.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
I love the way he's playing. Extremely solid defense, great wheels, and gets the odd shot. I never really bought into Burke's "top 6 forward, 20 goal scorer" spiel; if he does that, I'll be ecstatic, but if he doesn't, I'm happy with how he's playing.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:06 AM
Yammer

I'm disappointed. I'm not seeing the speed that he's supposed to be bringing. In our relatively wide open system, he should be a pressure guy on the puck.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:40 AM
CFABoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammer
I'm disappointed. I'm not seeing the speed that he's supposed to be bringing. In our relatively wide open system, he should be a pressure guy on the puck.
Same....I know its only been a few games , but right now, I'd rather have Klatt - it seemed he brought more in terms of hitting, intensity, heart, and sparkplug for sedins.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:44 PM
ping

He's shown his speed. I don't know what you guys were watching but I sure saw it. He's been great on the PK and shutting down top lines. It's only 4 games in. The goals were come but he's not going to get 20+ goals. I see him getting around that 15-20 goal mark.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:50 PM
Pangolin

Wow...What we don't have is always better isn't it? Since when was Klatt 1/2 as good defensively as Arvedson's shown?
Klatt's got a lot of heart and is an asset but Arvedson has given us more than Klatt on the ice...

Old
10-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Yammer

I'm not knocking Arvedsson with a Klatt comparison. Indeed, what Klatt brings is not skill so much as smarts (as an example to younger players of how to manage certain situations, something as simple as how to use your stick against someone's stick or turn to shield the puck against pressure), and May has brought that.

What I haven't seen is Arvedsson using speed to burn D on the outside in situations where I thought he would be able to do it.

He is shooting more and has chemistry with Linden and Cooke.

Old
10-17-2003, 02:43 PM
ping

The speed I've seen from his is racing in to beat icings, collecting pucks in the corner, speeding back to backcheck, and just being in the right place. Not burning down the wing and rifling one top shelf.

Old
10-17-2003, 02:47 PM
LaVal

i'd give him a good month before i start watching him closely.

remember Salo and Malik both took time to adjust coming in from defensive minded teams out East. i would expect no different from Arvedson.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:31 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Did people expect him to pot 30 goals or something? His goal output is closer to Klatt than anything else. Arvedson is more for the PK and the checking line(which absolutely rocks). His defence so far has been exceptional and I believe he'll produce soon enough. That said, he's still fitting in. I think it'll take him less games than say Salo or Malik because it's harder to adjust as a d-man, but he'll be a great addition to the team.

Closed Thread