Notices

Stars at WJC

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Dallasman

vCash: 500
Stars at WJC

I know Matt Niskanen(USA) and Perttu Lindgren(Finland) are on their teams already. Any other Stars prospects who are participating at the WJC's this Christmas?

Old
12-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Dr GLU

That seems to be all.

Fistric had the best opportunity out of the others, and he's not even invited to the selection camp.

Old
12-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Starsdude

GLu has Fishsticks been playing poorly or is he just last year's flavor for defensive d-man

Old
12-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Dr GLU

I think the consensus is that he was just more effective last year when he played.

He hasn't been *bad*, but he hasn't been at the level he needed to be to make Team Canada.

Old
12-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Starsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLU
I think the consensus is that he was just more effective last year when he played.

He hasn't been *bad*, but he hasn't been at the level he needed to be to make Team Canada.

Thanks GLU that was the impression I got. Unfortunately not one of the vaulted defensive prospect depth has stepped up this year. Have you soured on anyone or is it injury circumstances etc. Also are we overlooking a guy like Waugh who seems pretty steady and could maybe suprise

Old
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Dr GLU

Well...

Daley has been very good for the Stars defensively and should improve offensively as he adapts more to the NHL game. (better than I epected)

Niskanen is doing well at UMD and made the US WJC squad. (better than I expected)

Grossman is hurt. (not his fault)

Fransson is buried in LuleŚ in Sweden after a strong preseason. (not his fault)

Belle is struggling to transition to the pros. (I expected this)

Fistric is having a good but not great season. (not terrible, but hoped for more)

Scalzo has been better than expected in Iowa. (nice for a FA signing)

Nickerson is having a strong showing when he's on the ice in Finland. (maybe a little better than expected)

So the way I see it, three or four guys are exceeding what I expected. One or two are right where I expected them, and another's just below expectations. Two have had their seasons affected by circumstances beyond their control. (BTW, I don't really know enough about Ludwig's, Waugh's, or Vomela's seasons to say anything about them.)

That's not really that bad to me. It's about par for the course in development, actually.

Old
12-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Starsdude

thanks it seems Fransson who was rumored to be coming over probably should have-maybe next year.

Old
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
thanks it seems Fransson who was rumored to be coming over probably should have-maybe next year.
Yeah the kid apparently has alot of skill. Leaving him over too long to be buried would certainly be a bad idea. Need to get these kids signed and learning the NA game and Stars system as early as possible.

Old
12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLU
Well...

Daley has been very good for the Stars defensively and should improve offensively as he adapts more to the NHL game. (better than I epected)

Niskanen is doing well at UMD and made the US WJC squad. (better than I expected)

Grossman is hurt. (not his fault)

Fransson is buried in LuleŚ in Sweden after a strong preseason. (not his fault)

Belle is struggling to transition to the pros. (I expected this)

Fistric is having a good but not great season. (not terrible, but hoped for more)

Scalzo has been better than expected in Iowa. (nice for a FA signing)

Nickerson is having a strong showing when he's on the ice in Finland. (maybe a little better than expected)

So the way I see it, three or four guys are exceeding what I expected. One or two are right where I expected them, and another's just below expectations. Two have had their seasons affected by circumstances beyond their control. (BTW, I don't really know enough about Ludwig's, Waugh's, or Vomela's seasons to say anything about them.)

That's not really that bad to me. It's about par for the course in development, actually.
anything on Granath? it appears he might be in the same situation as Fransson?

Closed Thread