Need your opinion on this mock trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 04:17 PM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Need your opinion on this mock trade proposal

Hey guys, I'm just curious as to what you think of this proposal.

To Anaheim:
Anson Carter, Dale Purinton

To NYR:
Mike Leclerc, Vitali Vishnevski

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?g...threadid=20121

thanks in advance.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

any defenceman, especially a hard-nosed gritty one like Purinton is useless to us, the only reason we would trade a d-men (Ward or Simpson before Vish, is to get rid of the glut we have at the blueline)
Vish still has a lot of promise in his young body, and a change of scenary may do him well, but on the other hand, I'd rather not trade him because I think he'll be a player that will come back in bite us in the ass later on

Leclerc would be a tough sell too, especially because he's younger and cheaper then Carter. We really need his grit up front to be sucessful (being out with injury is hurting us now) and although Carter may score more, Leclerc is developing still, slowly and hopes to be a second-tier power-forward

So I would say no, the Ducks have no interest or need in Purinton and Carter doesn't fill the same void as Leclerc does

Old
10-15-2003, 04:31 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Hey guys, I'm just curious as to what you think of this proposal.

To Anaheim:
Anson Carter, Dale Purinton

To NYR:
Mike Leclerc, Vitali Vishnevski

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?g...threadid=20121

thanks in advance.
I think it would be a bad trade for Anaheim.

Anson Carter is a very good second line player, but Leclerc is a pretty decent second line player too...Maybe Leclerc and a prospect or a draft pick for Carter...Considering Vishnevski's potential he could be traded straight up for a player like Carter as well...Purinton is just a throw in player...Your trying to trade a Good player and a throw in for a pretty good player and a player with a very high upside...I don't think that would work.

At some point I think Vish will get traded in a packaged deal for a younger goal scorer than Carter.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:34 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

If Vishnevski gets traded Id like it to be something like this:

to Edmonton:
Vishnevski and a Minor League forward prospect (Paranteau maybe)

to Anaheim:
Comrie

Old
10-15-2003, 04:40 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I think it would be a bad trade for Anaheim.

Anson Carter is a very good second line player, but Leclerc is a pretty decent second line player too...Maybe Leclerc and a prospect or a draft pick for Carter...Considering Vishnevski's potential he could be traded straight up for a player like Carter as well...Purinton is just a throw in player...Your trying to trade a Good player and a throw in for a pretty good player and a player with a very high upside...I don't think that would work.

At some point I think Vish will get traded in a packaged deal for a younger goal scorer than Carter.
I would trade Carter straight up for Vishnevski. He's my only interest, see the Rangers need defensive defensemen, I didn't realize Leclerc was valued this high which is why I included him in the deal.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

where we gonna dress Carter? 3rd line?

same goes for Comrie

top line is basically assumed Prospal-Fedorov-Sykora
Niedermayer-Rucchin-Leclerc was very effective last season and you gotta think that they'll be reunited when Leclerc gets back

I'd rather have Lupul learning the game in the big leagues and getting some NHl experience then waste a player like Carter or Comrie on the third line

Old
10-15-2003, 05:05 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy

same goes for Comrie

Niedermayer-Rucchin-Leclerc was very effective last season and you gotta think that they'll be reunited when Leclerc gets back

I'd rather have Lupul learning the game in the big leagues and getting some NHl experience then waste a player like Carter or Comrie on the third line
Carter is better then Niedermayer don't discredit him completely. I'd also argue he's much better then Prospal who's basically a leech.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:07 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:

same goes for Comrie

Well if were ever going to trade Vish it should be this season while his value is high...I'm not seeing improvement in his game...his value is going to go down...I do agree that we dont have a spot in the lineup for another forward right now...I wouldnt mind seeing a Chistov-Comrie-Lupul third line though...

Old
10-15-2003, 05:10 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
I would trade Carter straight up for Vishnevski. He's my only interest, see the Rangers need defensive defensemen, I didn't realize Leclerc was valued this high which is why I included him in the deal.
I dont know if New York is the best organization for Vish to develop as a player, you guys seem to prefer adding free agents rather than developing young players. He would basically just be a younger Kasparitis in your lineup to go along with the older one...I dont think it would help you guys much.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:13 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:

same goes for Comrie

why wouldn't u move Ruchin to the third line hes great on the pk, plays a good two-way game,leadership to develop+teach ur youth, and solid face-off skills which is important for special teams u can get him a lot of minutes that way and would remain a solid threat on 3rd line a-la John Madden.

Old
10-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Snap Wilson

The deal would leave us short on the blueline, where Purington is basically another Lance Ward, but otherwise, I'd make the deal in two seconds.

Carter is a wonderful player, a younger Steve Rucchin type who can also play on the wing. He's a great defensive player, he has good hands, he's not afraid to go into the crease. Yes, Leclerc is cheaper, but he has a hard time staying healthy. Where would he play? On the second line with Rooch and Niedermayer.

And no, we couldn't get Comrie for Vishnevski and Parenteau. Please.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Ducksfan2035

Send a message via AIM to Ducksfan2035
i say noooooo! way....as someone said earlier,purington is another lance ward,burnette kinda player and carter could do well but i wouldnt give up leclerc,i thought he played awesome in the playoffs and hes tough,physical and will go in the corners and fight for the puck and he can score at the same time..with vish,i think hes still learning more and more and getting better,i thought he was great his first year when he was a wrecking ball,hitting everyone in sight and hes still physical and i like that bc hes not big,hes not muscular but yet his checks can be hard..

Old
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

If you're anaheim, you do that deal from a fantasy perspective. Easily, actually.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:00 PM
caliamad

Actually I think Vish looks a lot better this year so far... a lot more confident..

He seems to have developed a two way game, more importantly, i see a swagger with him when he has the puck...

before he seemed lost when he had the puck. now he has direction.

the problem with him is his size and strength, I don't know if he'll grow any taller, but once he fills out more, he'll be a force.

If I were to trade anyone it would be salei, because he is very marketable...

and I would only trade someone if we're getting a bonafide power forward.

From what I've seen of Carter (in the few limited games), he seemed very invisible, and price per performance, I value a healthly Leclerc much more, but thats probably pure homerist bias

Old
10-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Carter is better then Niedermayer don't discredit him completely. I'd also argue he's much better then Prospal who's basically a leech.
Carter is alot better than Nieds. I'd like a Nieds-Fedorov-Carter line, or replace Feds with Rooch. Either way, it's all good. Leclerc replaces Nieds when he comes back, simple as that.

Prospal though, isn't much of a leech. He was a huge part in Lecavalier's breakout, the main part, and had more points than him. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a leech get more points than whatever he leeching off of.

Old
10-16-2003, 09:05 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Carter is a poor man's power forward. He has the ability to be gritty, but rarely does...he also tends to disappear for parts of the season...that said, he could prove to be a very good secondary scorer for the Ducks, but with the Ducks thin on D, I'd hold onto Vish.

Closed Thread