HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Going, going, goon

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 05:19 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
I want the trap back and clutch and grab and a complete lack of excitement, also!

Oh boy do I ever want that back.

I want all those talentness goons back also!

I want 45 Purintons on the Rangers alone! A whole team of talentless goons! It'd be the most exciting brand of hockey EVER!!!
Dude, you ok? You clearly have some issues here in understanding. It was a 6-2 final with alot of excitement. 45 Purintons? There was one Purinton. And he went after Cairns and it resulted in a huge brawl where the 2 goalies almost got into it. There were a few scraps before too. Lack of excitement? My friend, if you were at that game, you would be begging for the old NHL too. The electricity at MSG was amazing. They were chanting "You cant beat us" and just pommeling the Isles. A whole team of talentless goons? The trap? Clearly your a bit lost here. Sorry, just let me know if there's anyway I can help. All were trying to say is were not gonna get those rivalries back. Nobody wants a ******** of talent less goons. But hockey back then was much more exciting than it is now. That's all.

Old
12-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Right on, but never gonna get it again...the reason I want the old NHL back
Stands to reason that after a year off, some of the rivalries have cooled off. Think about player movement since '04. Teams are really just get that "brotherhood" feeling again I'm sure.

Fighting, eh. It's always an interesting side show, but I really don't see any change in the sport itself with less of it.

Old
12-17-2005, 05:33 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Stands to reason that after a year off, some of the rivalries have cooled off. Think about player movement since '04. Teams are really just get that "brotherhood" feeling again I'm sure.

Fighting, eh. It's always an interesting side show, but I really don't see any change in the sport itself with less of it.
Yeah I'm not all worried about FIGHTING. That comes in rivalries, heart, passion. That's all I wanna see, some physical play, some hitting, some passion and grit.

Old
12-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Yeah I'm not all worried about FIGHTING. That comes in rivalries, heart, passion. That's all I wanna see, some physical play, some hitting, some passion and grit.

Are you speaking just in terms of the Rangers? There are definitely teams out there who play a great physical game. Washington comes to mind as one who plays it well and quite effectively against the very un-physical Rangers.

Old
12-17-2005, 05:51 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Dude, you ok? You clearly have some issues here in understanding. It was a 6-2 final with alot of excitement. 45 Purintons? There was one Purinton. And he went after Cairns and it resulted in a huge brawl where the 2 goalies almost got into it. There were a few scraps before too. Lack of excitement? My friend, if you were at that game, you would be begging for the old NHL too. The electricity at MSG was amazing. They were chanting "You cant beat us" and just pommeling the Isles. A whole team of talentless goons? The trap? Clearly your a bit lost here. Sorry, just let me know if there's anyway I can help. All were trying to say is were not gonna get those rivalries back. Nobody wants a ******** of talent less goons. But hockey back then was much more exciting than it is now. That's all.
Look. You said that Sandra McCarthy was a great ranger. That right there has me believe you aren't really a great talent or game analysis.

I watched that game and Puriton sucker punched Cairns. Then this season he eye-gauged Orr. I REALLY want a cheap-shot ***** of an enforcer on my team, let me tell you. The rivalries will be back with hard hitting that has been slowly but surely making its way back into the NHL as the players get used to the fact that they can't just throw people down or hold onto them as long as possible anymore.

Maybe you're a bit clueless so this post should help you think about what the "old" hockey you are referring too is all about. Little to no excitement and a bunch of idiots clutching and grabbing each other like they are in the gay pride parade (and anyone who takes that as homophobic needs their eyes checked).

If we had a high scoring game with back and forth play and some goons with some talent (Joey Kocure, Tie Domi, etc) like in the EARLY 90s and mid to late 80s, then I'd love it. There was a crazy amount of checking and the rivalries were top notch. You want a time like 2003-2004 where hockey was easily in it's worst stage ever (yes, worse than when the only reason to go to a game was for the fights -- the 70s) with a complete lack of excitement and some of the worst flow ever.

Give me a guy who can fight but not a completely talentless idiot like McCarthy or Purinton.

Old
12-17-2005, 06:01 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Even though some of you disagree you would have to get your head checked if you thought that game was NOT exciting.

Old
12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Look. You said that Sandra McCarthy was a great ranger. That right there has me believe you aren't really a great talent or game analysis.

I watched that game and Puriton sucker punched Cairns. Then this season he eye-gauged Orr. I REALLY want a cheap-shot ***** of an enforcer on my team, let me tell you. The rivalries will be back with hard hitting that has been slowly but surely making its way back into the NHL as the players get used to the fact that they can't just throw people down or hold onto them as long as possible anymore.

Maybe you're a bit clueless so this post should help you think about what the "old" hockey you are referring too is all about. Little to no excitement and a bunch of idiots clutching and grabbing each other like they are in the gay pride parade (and anyone who takes that as homophobic needs their eyes checked).

If we had a high scoring game with back and forth play and some goons with some talent (Joey Kocure, Tie Domi, etc) like in the EARLY 90s and mid to late 80s, then I'd love it. There was a crazy amount of checking and the rivalries were top notch. You want a time like 2003-2004 where hockey was easily in it's worst stage ever (yes, worse than when the only reason to go to a game was for the fights -- the 70s) with a complete lack of excitement and some of the worst flow ever.

Give me a guy who can fight but not a completely talentless idiot like McCarthy or Purinton.

Firstly, the game we referred to was filled with excitement. I personally think it will be too difficult to bring that old 80's NHL back. Hence, 03-04>05-06. Physicality>Lack of physicality, ******** of PPs, speed

Old
12-17-2005, 06:14 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Firstly, the game we referred to was filled with excitement. I personally think it will be too difficult to bring that old 80's NHL back. Hence, 03-04>05-06. Physicality>Lack of physicality, ******** of PPs, speed
How in the world can you even justify saying that 03-04 is better than this year's NHL is just beside me.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:35 PM
BigE

Quote:
How in the world can you even justify saying that 03-04 is better than this year's NHL is just beside me.
either.

Where's the real True Blue?

Old
12-17-2005, 10:47 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Because I don't like watching 40-50 minutes of special teams hockey interrupted by some even strength play. I actually prefer it the other way around. Sure, there might be some hooking and clutching involved, but let them play, it's a contact and rough sport.

Old
12-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
If we "let them play"... Gretzsky would've never emerged as an icon, and Peter Worrell would be the best NHLer in the game right now

Old
12-17-2005, 11:55 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT
If we "let them play"... Gretzsky would've never emerged as an icon, and Peter Worrell would be the best NHLer in the game right now
Geez, you know what I mean.

Closed Thread