HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Garden Seating

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Servo

vCash: 500
Garden Seating

I'm hoping to make a trip up to the Garden for a game sometime this year (tired of just being a road warrior), and was wondering if there is enough difference between the Mezzanine seats and the 300s to justify the extra price. Can you blueseaters fill me in? Thanks.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo
I'm hoping to make a trip up to the Garden for a game sometime this year (tired of just being a road warrior), and was wondering if there is enough difference between the Mezzanine seats and the 300s to justify the extra price. Can you blueseaters fill me in? Thanks.
IMO there's not much of a difference. But maybe you shouldn't take my opinion seriously, since I actually prefer to be a bit higher up at hockey games, I like to see the whole ice than only one side and strain my eyes to see the other end. Also my opinion is as long as you're there and got a seat, thats all that matters. You're watching it live and in an awesome atmosphere. A good seat is just a bonus, but is it worth the money? Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Depends on if they win or not

PS - I just found out today my uncle is giving me two tickets to Saturday night's game against the Hurricanes, section 124 row A. Hell ****in yea! He got the tickets from a friend of his, but he can't make it so he passed em on to me. $130 face value seats for free, right behind the benches..can't beat that! Does anybody have tix near that section? I would love to meet some of you guys from HF, however it can't be in a bar cuz I'm underage

Old
10-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Barnaby

Id go for the 300's.... as close to red line as possible so you can see everything and dont have that net in front of you. Its worth the 40-45 bucks it cost.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
PS - I just found out today my uncle is giving me two tickets to Saturday night's game against the Hurricanes, section 124 row A. Hell ****in yea! He got the tickets from a friend of his, but he can't make it so he passed em on to me. $130 face value seats for free, right behind the benches..can't beat that! Does anybody have tix near that section? I would love to meet some of you guys from HF, however it can't be in a bar cuz I'm underage
Lucky SOB

Old
10-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Lucky SOB

Thanks guys - I hope I'll get up there soon. I'm far too used to the MCI Center where there are no bad seats, only bad fans. (Seriously, its like a library in that place.)

Old
10-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Lucky SOB

Yea, still trying to find a friend/relative to go with though. I ain't afraid to take the train in alone, never done it before by myself but I've gone to the garden 100 times already and know exactly where to go..so worst comes to worst I'll go by myself if I have to

I'm sure I'll find somebody though, it's just a matter of calling/seeing the people to know for sure.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:18 PM
King Nothing*

I have season tickets in the blue seats. They're just fine in my opinion. Matter of fact, I like it there higher because you get to see everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo

Old
10-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I don't really think there is a huge difference between the two sections. However, the way I would go about buying tickets would be to take the best seats in relation to the blue lines and center ice. A ticket in the 400 section that's near center ice is usually better than a 300 level ticket near the goal line (although I had seats in section 403 for several years and they were quite decent and I've sat in the 300s directly behind the goalie and found it very interesting, although I wouldn't really want to sit back there every game).

Right now I have seasons in the section directly below Dancin' Larry. I have almost the same view as Sam and JD (who are just above and one section closer to center ice.

Closed Thread