HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bob Gainey is pissed, expect a trade.

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2005, 05:11 PM
felixd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
Does Montreal have any interest in Derek Morris?
Yes.

Old
12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
koko27

He gonna trade the whole team for the Senators

Old
12-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
montreal has interest in derek morris actually.

Old
12-14-2005, 05:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Yes.
I don't know a whole lot about the Canadiens organization, and I haven't put a whole lot of thought into this from either team's prospective, but based on what I've read in this thread, howabout:

Morris and Saprykin

for

Souray and Zednik

Old
12-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I don't know a whole lot about the Canadiens organization, and I haven't put a whole lot of thought into this from either team's prospective, but based on what I've read in this thread, howabout:

Morris and Saprykin

for

Souray and Zednik

Done

Old
12-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
I wouldn't want to trade Souray now. He's rounding into the form that made him such a surprise last season. I don't think he'll ever repeat the offensive output, but as long as he does the simple things well -- like play the body -- he's very valuable to the Habs.

I can't really figure out who Gainey would be looking to move, aside from Bonk, who's injured anyway. Anyway he's a player in the exact kind of situation that forces you to hold onto him in the hopes that he starts paying the expected returns on your investment. Moving him now would be a total write-off, assuming any team would take him.

Zednik is not a bad guess, but it would make sense to wait for his linemates Koivu and Kovalev to return, unless management has finally decided that Bulis and Perezhogin can effectively platoon on the top line.

I also think Ryder should be available. He's the most expendable of the Habs' really good trading chips. I could easily live without him for the right return, though it would have to be good.

dave,

i think your right in saying that zed could be available heck i think if you look at the plus minus rating on the team your seeing who gainey is " pee'd off" at " bullis-5 , zed-3 , ribero-5 , ryder-6
one of those 4 are gone i do belive

but ryder?man i dunno. for me personally he be the hardest one to part with

i think you have to get darn good return if your trading ryder. if our power play stinks now you better get another power play man back . ryder leading the team with 8 power play goals. it be a sad day in my house if we deal ryder. zed/bullis on the other hand i could get over depending on what we get back .

ribero- ill get bashed for saying this and IM NOT A RIBERO BASHER OR HATER but if we could get a bigger second line center that put up ribero type numbers( even 50 - 55 pts a yr id say good by to ribero. it wouldnt hurt to have a 2 nd line center 6'2 215 -220 lbs , would give us a whole diffrent dynamic .

also Bouillon -8 as good as he has been like many here have said there playing him top 3 minutes (to much ) when he should be our number 5 d man. he is heart and sole and i wouldnt trade him for the world . but get him back to the 5th d man postion where he really should be and everything would be fine .

changes are coming i honeslty belive it

Old
12-14-2005, 05:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
Done
How are Souray and Zednik looking this season? Based on your hastey reply, not too good. I had some concerns about Souray's ability to adjust to the new rules, but his PIMs aren't too high(I think) and his +/- isn't too low(I think). Zednik appears to be slumping offensively, but he's always been kind of streaky(I think). How are the other aspects of his game going so far?

I want to reiterrate how little I know about the Habs.

Last edited by rt: 12-14-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old
12-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
montreal has interest in derek morris actually.

morris makes alot of money . worth it?

Old
12-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
How are Souray and Zednik looking this season? Based on your hastey reply, not to good. I had some concerns about Souray's ability to adjust to the new rules, but his PIMs aren't too high(I think) and his +/- isn't too low(I think). Zednik appears to be slumping offensively, but he's always been kind of streaky(I think). How are the other aspects of his game going so far?

I want to reiterrate how little I know about the Habs.
Dont base anything on him. I wouldnt ever do that trade. Zednik is a very good player and gritty and Souray has started to come back to form lately. Thats legit top6 and top4 players right there. If we trade Zednik and Souray for Morris and Saprikyn, we basically take two underachievers and lose physicality and goalscoring.

Old
12-14-2005, 05:41 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
morris makes alot of money . worth it?
I thought it was within 500k, or so, of Souray. I could be wrong.

Last edited by rt: 12-14-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old
12-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I say 'no thanks' to that. It's a good deal asset wise but not in terms of roster construction. Morris is a RD, which of the 4 RD (with Morris) plays the left side for the 20-25 minutes a night Souray plays? Isn't Morris a UFA to be? Hasn't Morris not lived up to the hype? What's the scoop, he was considered as a future star in Calgary...

Souray played very well last night and it seems his personal troubles that haunted him early in the year are behind him. I'd rather keep him than get a player who may not fit in or create some confusion in our D pairings.

Saprykin is also a downgrade from Zednik, especially since he'd be playing in a top 6 role to replace Zednik.

Financial breakdown:

Morris (2.66) + Sappy (1) for Souray (2.2) and Zednik (1.9). Both teams are nowhere near the cap so it does work.

Old
12-14-2005, 05:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Dont base anything on him. I wouldnt ever do that trade. Zednik is a very good player and gritty and Souray has started to come back to form lately. Thats legit top6 and top4 players right there. If we trade Zednik and Souray for Morris and Saprikyn, we basically take two underachievers and lose physicality and goalscoring.
Cool. I'm just a little unhappy with Morris at the moment, and I have my doubts (pure speculation) that he wants to be a long term Coyote. Everybody in the world knows he has the talent, so you know he still has pretty good trade value. From the little I've read from Habs fans, Souray seems to be in the doghouse a little bit, and Zednik isn't producing like they've hoped (no Koivu and no Kovalev hurts) so I was just throwing out a proposal without putting too much thought into it. BTW, I wouldn't classify Saprykin as an underachiever, yet.

Old
12-14-2005, 05:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I wouldnt ever do that trade.
What's a fair deal you would consider, revolving around Morris?

Oh, and please, no Ribeiro.

Last edited by rt: 12-14-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old
12-14-2005, 05:56 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt

Morris and Saprykin

for

Souray and Zednik

Even value wise but that leaves us with a hole on LD.

How about Zednik straight up for Morris? Probably not enough, so I don't know add a 2nd/3rd?

Old
12-14-2005, 06:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

How about Zednik straight up for Morris? Probably not enough, so I don't know add a 2nd/3rd?
A 2nd would be nice, as I don't think we have one, but again, I don't know a whole lot about Zednik (It'd be nice if there were a few more Coyotes fans on these boards, to help me out. ). Also, we have too many forwards as it is. I was hoping for a veteren defenseman back, too, because we already have two rookies getting top minutes. Maybe a forward, or two, could go somewhere else, for a d-man, in a seperate deal. That's a whole lot of trading, though, especially for a team that's already done so many deals this season.

Old
12-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Archijerej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
"Something is going to be done", eh?

Basically, the Habs are in the same position as 3/4 of the team in the league. They have some assets, and some major liabilities. However, they can't really fill any holes without making other holes, and they're going to have a hard time moving players they'd like to move (like Bonk) because of salary constraints on other team's payrolls. The players that the Habs have that other teams would definitely want (like Ryder) are also going to be unavailable in a deal. So, like a lot of other teams, the Habs will have to make do, regardless of how "pissed" Gainey is or is not at the present moment.
This is a great post Darth . The atmosphere in Habs fans community is getting more and more unbearable lately.

Old
12-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Jim Motion12

i need to admit, souray has trade value... but not at hockey ...
a boomer shot... Wow! if you watch game has i do... i might notice it touch the net or the goalie like 40% of the time...
this guy has a lot of potential... his shape would be useful to clear the front of the net... but he doesnt use it...
but i know BG is a good GM and if he trades him... i will be happy...

my point of view would be to try to look for a team that has many defenseman and might be interest to trade for forward.
team such as Nashville or Phoenix

look, why would we need to move souray if we know we will have a player not better...

Old
12-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Duff88

Does Morris constantly plays like last night? He was awful, he looked like the worst player in an abysmal game by Phoenix.

Old
12-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Archijerej

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
what about 2 underachieving teams getting together to sake things up ala bos/sj:

to col: zednik & souray

to mtl: liles, vaananen & hinote

colorado needs some a replacement on the 2nd line for kono, and tough steady defensemen like souray.

montral could use some help on d in both the offensive and defensive points of the game, colorado really cant afford to throw in many fwds due to lack of depth after kono injury but can part with hinote who should be replaced by mccormick in the coming years, the east would suit his game more and he and begin would bring an awesome energy presence each game.
Jesus, that is a done deal my friend

Old
12-14-2005, 06:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
Does Morris constantly plays like last night? He was awful, he looked like the worst player in an abysmal game by Phoenix.
It was a terrible game and Morris was terrible in it. That game, specifically, sort of brought my frustration with him to a head. Having said that, I wouldn't say that he consistantly plays badly. I would say that he consistantly underperforms. He is struggling to find his groove and play his game. I'm not seeing alot of fire in him, either, which make his struggles alot harder to swallow. On another team he might play like Derek Morris again, but I haven't seen it through his first half season, or so, on this one.

Old
12-14-2005, 06:30 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
what would it take to get Ryder in philly?

Old
12-14-2005, 06:35 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

Quote:

i'd say zednik = morris

Old
12-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
id do ryder to philly for pitkanen

Old
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraft
what would it take to get Ryder in philly?
Richards? kidding

I'm not sure...Honestly there isn't much on Philly's roster that suits one of our needs for Ryder, unless we're talking Forsberg, Gagné, Carter, Richards, Pitkanen, who are all untouchables pretty much. Basically for a Ryder package I'd like to see Seidenberg coming back along with another forward, maybe Radivojevic, but that doesn't really look like a good deal for Montreal.

Old
12-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
i suggest you edit... you know, there are moderators who understand french) and it's closing it on an automatic ban. Not to forget french is not allow to begin with.

Just a suggestion.
Your rigth, sorry I kind of got carried away.

Closed Thread