HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Jason Platt (Providence College Friars)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Jason Platt (Providence College Friars)

The Oilers new top twenty list came out and Jason Platt never got so much as an also ran.

What's the scoop on the big kid?

I've seen a couple of posts about him b4 and they were very positive, but that was a long time ago.

Old
10-15-2003, 06:16 PM
ttnorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
The Oilers new top twenty list came out and Jason Platt never got so much as an also ran.

What's the scoop on the big kid?

I've seen a couple of posts about him b4 and they were very positive, but that was a long time ago.
I don't see him much but he is a physical dman who can really staple you into the boards.

At the Oilers' prospect camp in June: the following was written about him here at HF:
Quote:
#56 Jason Platt: Most noteworthy for his shot and his solid build. Platt got better as the week went on and played well in the scrimmages. It was a slightly better than average camp for Platt.
Oilers prospect camp review

Old
10-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I wrote the top 20 and also that short blurb form the prospect camp too.

In talking with the Oiler socut (who is a fan of Platt's for sure) it wasn't a case of Platt not being good so he didn't make the list. It was simply that the guys on the top 20 were better. Platt was on the short list of guys who just missed the "just missed the top 20" list. He came in at about 26th I think.

He should be a solid pro, but might be a career AHL player. Nothing wrong with that, he could still get an NHL shot. We'll see how he does at next fall's camp.

Closed Thread