HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thirds

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 08:10 AM
gopreds98

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Columbus Thirds

Just when I thought Columbus couldn't come up with an uglier jersey or mascot/logo, they do it again:

http://www.bluejackets.com/news/press/arts/1686.0.html

I suppose it's moderately better than Stinger....but not by much.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds98
Just when I thought Columbus couldn't come up with an uglier jersey or mascot/logo, they do it again:

http://www.bluejackets.com/news/press/arts/1686.0.html

I suppose it's moderately better than Stinger....but not by much.
I agree. Its almost as stupid as the Preds Jerseys. Almost.

oh and anyone going to "Faith and Family Night" at the Gaylord?

Old
10-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
I agree. Its almost as stupid as the Preds Jerseys. Almost.

oh and anyone going to "Faith and Family Night" at the Gaylord?
Nope...we're all unbelievers here!

Old
10-18-2003, 09:05 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I don't much care for the BJ's jersey's. Really, really don't like their logo but if they are phasing out that stinger thing, it gets a thumbs up from me.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:35 AM
jacketracket*

I don't care for the 3rds---no baby-poop yellow.

I also wish the CBJ would have done that cool "duct tape on the shoulders" thing.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:44 AM
SmokeyClause

dadf

Old
10-18-2003, 11:47 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
I don't care for the 3rds---no baby-poop yellow.

I also wish the CBJ would have done that cool "duct tape on the shoulders" thing.
Still bitter from that Arkhipov OT goal in Columbus when we were debuting that jersey in Ohio? Let it go; let it go.

Duct tape? You really must be a redneck. Everywhere else but Ohio, silver doesn't immediately mean duct tape. Venture out into the city everyonce in a while. I mean, really? So, are you saying that Rick Nash skates around on two blades of duct tape? You're going to have to work a little harder to 'zing' us than that.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Radulov for Czar*

I also like this jersey, but then again I also like the Stars new 3rd

Old
10-18-2003, 11:48 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
I also like this jersey, but then again I also like the Stars new 3rd

And you also like the Preds 3rd. I think that's God's way of saying, "Jonesey, you're special."

Old
10-18-2003, 11:51 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Still bitter from that Arkhipov OT goal in Columbus when we were debuting that jersey in Ohio? Let it go; let it go.

Duct tape? You really must be a redneck. Everywhere else but Ohio, silver doesn't immediately mean duct tape. Venture out into the city everyonce in a while. I mean, really? So, are you saying that Rick Nash skates around on two blades of duct tape? You're going to have to work a little harder to 'zing' us than that.
What am I saying? I'm saying that you can call the Preds' 3rd 'gold colored', if you like---they still look like baby poop.

Just like the 'silver' on the shoulders of the originals looks like duct tape.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:27 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
What am I saying? I'm saying that you can call the Preds' 3rd 'gold colored', if you like---they still look like baby poop.

Just like the 'silver' on the shoulders of the originals looks like duct tape.

Well, the blue of your jersey's looks like the butt of a blue whale, and the red of your jersey's look like the spilt blood of an infant They look like gold when you see them in person, I wouldn't go so far as to say they look like baby poop. Of course, I'm no where near the master of infant fecal matter that you are jr.

And I don't think you understood at all my last point about duct tape. Best scoot over to the Jacket board before you realize that the insides of your computer look like duct tape. And so does the inside of your engine. And so does the Oakland Raider's helmets. And so does an American Airlines jet, and you get the piont.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Radulov for Czar*

So does this mean the Stanley Cup is made of duct tape?

Old
10-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
And you also like the Preds 3rd. I think that's God's way of saying, "Jonesey, you're special."
I like to think so

Old
10-18-2003, 12:46 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Well, the blue of your jersey's looks like the butt of a blue whale, and the red of your jersey's look like the spilt blood of an infant They look like gold when you see them in person, I wouldn't go so far as to say they look like baby poop. Of course, I'm no where near the master of infant fecal matter that you are jr.

And I don't think you understood at all my last point about duct tape. Best scoot over to the Jacket board before you realize that the insides of your computer look like duct tape. And so does the inside of your engine. And so does the Oakland Raider's helmets. And so does an American Airlines jet, and you get the piont.
I'm not sure at all that YOU understand MY point. Call it silver, call it pewter, call it any precious metal you like---it looks like someone duct-taped over the shoulders.

Truth be told, I'm probably the ONLY person not sitting in a honky-tonk who actually likes the Preds 3rd---however, in the spirit of the thread ("let's bash the CBJ 3rds"), I used the universal description generally accepted by all non-Predheads in describing them: baby poop.

Edit: Please note that my original post that seems to have started this mini-flamer included an 'evil grin' smilie, suggesting that the post was done in a "tongue in cheek" manner.

I'll go one further---I like the Preds logo, and the color scheme used in the originals. However, IMO, the funky "silver" on the shoulders looks like an attempt to duct-tape a tear, or something.

In closing, let me add another emoticon for you. Please note:

Old
10-18-2003, 12:49 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
I'm not sure at all that YOU understand MY point. Call it silver, call it pewter, call it any precious metal you like---it looks like someone duct-taped the shoulders.

Truth be told, I'm probably the ONLY person not sitting in a honky-tonk who actually likes the Preds 3rd---however, in the spirit of the thread ("let's bash the CBJ 3rds"), I used the universal description generally accepted by all non-Predheads in describing them: baby poop.

I'll go one further---I like the Preds logo, and the color scheme used in the originals. However, IMO, the funky "silver" on the shoulders looks like an attempt to duct-tape a tear, or something.

In closing, let me add another emoticon for you. Please note:
I know this has all been in jest, as has my post (I would have never brought in infant's blood in a serious argument). But I still just don't see the duct tape thing. Sadly enough, I actually have a roll of Duct tape (it's my favorite tool) and my Preds home jersey in front of me. They look similar, but no different than my fork here. The Preds jersey is less shiny because it is cloth, but I think it's a stretch to say duct tape. Maybe ducttape-esque.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:55 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
I know this has all been in jest, as has my post (I would have never brought in infant's blood in a serious argument). But I still just don't see the duct tape thing. Sadly enough, I actually have a roll of Duct tape (it's my favorite tool) and my Preds home jersey in front of me. They look similar, but no different than my fork here. The Preds jersey is less shiny because it is cloth, but I think it's a stretch to say duct tape. Maybe ducttape-esque.
Duct tape---the handy man's secret weapon!

Old
10-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Jarnberg

I actually didn't care for the new BJ's third, but now with the Dallas one, it doesn't look as bad. The Dallas one is a crime against humanity. I think Bush should look for the WMDs in his own state....

Old
10-18-2003, 01:44 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

It really does look like duct tape.

Old
10-18-2003, 04:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

for the record, i don't like the predators thirds....and i DO like the BJs thirds.
but...they're BOTH better than the new Anaheim and Minnesota thirds...

Old
10-18-2003, 11:29 PM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Having seen the BJ's thirds in person, I like them better than the pictures. I don't think they'll ever be considered classic though. My biggest problem with them is that they're too busy. For example, I love the idea of the stars on the sleeve....but the three stars there are just too much. Between the secondary logo, the number and the stars, it's just a mess. I think if they'd put a single star at the end of the sleeve it would have looked awesome.

And the new logo.....same kinda thing. It's just busy. I also think it looks like a really bizarre merger between the Stars and Avs jerseys...but that's just me.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:07 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Coming for a fan of a team nicked named the BJ's.

Old
10-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Canadian Chris

Hey Jonesy....you're not alone in the liking of the CBL 3rds....or the Dallas 3rds....OR the Nashville 3rds......the thing about them, is, they look WAY better in person than they do on TV...and in the stars case....they look REALLY good on TV, and not so much in still pictures.

Closed Thread