HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan Marek rolls in Czech, wants to play NHL

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Veela

vCash: 500
Jan Marek rolls in Czech, wants to play NHL

OK, who cares for Rangers prospects when current youths Prucha, Moore, Betts, Ortmeyer and other are contributing to the biggest surprise in NHL.

But here´s another one who can one day be there as a part of the team. Jan Marek is currently leading Czech extraleague in scoring with 35 pts in 31 gms, Rangers staff is scouting him and he established himself on national team.

He is Prucha sized, but he is more of a playmaker. very smart player.

For more:
http://hokej.idnes.cz/reprezentace.a...fot_reprez_jam

Old
12-14-2005, 12:20 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
As I recall, he used to have a reputation as a softie who didn't backcheck. Is this still accurate?

Old
12-14-2005, 12:29 PM
rickyrod

are we allowed to bring him over to hartford at any time, or do we have to honor his current contract at his czech club for the season?

Old
12-14-2005, 12:30 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

How old is he? 27 now?

Old
12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
As I recall, he used to have a reputation as a softie who didn't backcheck. Is this still accurate?
Never really took a interest in Marek but if he doesn't backcheck or atleast try to make checks (like Prucha who is small but a very tough player) I don't think I want to see him play on this team unless he's like Jagr and makes all his linemates better and gets lots of points.

Old
12-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
From reading bits and pieces on Marek at Rodent's site, I had thought Marek had no interest in coming over. What changed?

Old
12-14-2005, 12:44 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly
From reading bits and pieces on Marek at Rodent's site, I had thought Marek had no interest in coming over. What changed?

Why draft a player who wont come over???? Why would a player who wont come over still go into the draft????

Old
12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
TUQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly
He didn´t want si sign two way contract.

Old
12-14-2005, 01:00 PM
shoothepuck

Not wanting to sign a two way contract will limit his chances one would think.

Old
12-14-2005, 01:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Surprising. He could probably make more money in Europe.

12-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
If he has an NHL release clause in his contract, his contract in Europoe doesn't matter, but he has to wait till a certian date in 2006 to come over here.. International Transfer Window.

Thanks to NHL:EHM I know this

Everytime I want to sign him he won't come over, though He got decent ratings.

Old
12-14-2005, 01:36 PM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
If he has an NHL release clause in his contract, his contract in Europoe doesn't matter, but he has to wait till a certian date in 2006 to come over here.. International Transfer Window.

See, we both entertain and educate

Old
12-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Olorin

Quote:

What did you set his status at?

Old
12-14-2005, 02:08 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Why draft a player who wont come over???? Why would a player who wont come over still go into the draft????
Because by the 7th round, or whenever Marek was taken, you have a better chance of an overage player changing his mind and coming to NA than you do of drafting an 18 year old who becomes a solid player. As for why he would go into the draft, why not. If he plans to come to the NHL at any point in his career he needs to be drafted, so why not just do it.

Anyway, this guy is barely a prospect because he's pretty old. From what I know he's Prucha with less hustle, less hitting and is more of a passer than a shooter. So basically, I don't think we need him anyway. If he wants to play in Hartford that would be fine.

Old
12-14-2005, 02:37 PM
BigE

Quote:

Pick up the editor and set his favourite club to NYR.

Old
12-14-2005, 02:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
See, we both entertain and educate

And did we mention it makes a terrific stocking-stuffer?

Old
12-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Ola

Guys like Marek usually jump at the 1st shot they get at the NHL, I am pretty sure Jan would too. He will want a one way contract, but that isn't much, he can still play in the AHL and 450K per year isn't much money. The reason Sather was reluctant to give out 1-way contracts to for example Zidlicky is because he is extremely unintelligent, guys on 2-way contracts in the AHL gets something like 55K per year and you won't sign a star from Europe making 6 times that.

Old
12-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Veela

Jan still wants to play in NHL, his countryman´s Prucha case convinced him the NHL dream is possible to come true.

He will be 26 Dec.31.
While he may lack Prucha´s determination and drive so unique to player of his age he is undoubtedly more talented than Prucha. Smooth skater, great passser and great playmaker. He also can play hard, but sometimes falls into dirty stuff. Size is a question mark, he is not tall at 5.10 and 178 lbs. These are Prucha´s parameters of course, but Petr is so wild in his play, so unleashed, while Jan is more of hold-back type. Prucha has killer instincts. This is why I always thought Petr will make it and Jan will not.

Anyway, I will watch Marek tonight as Czech national team clashes with Finland at Prague for Rosno Cup game. He was always my favourite player, humble, nice to others. I will give you report after the game.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:06 AM
You 'Orns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela
Jan still wants to play in NHL, his countryman´s Prucha case convinced him the NHL dream is possible to come true.

He will be 26 Dec.31.
While he may lack Prucha´s determination and drive so unique to player of his age he is undoubtedly more talented than Prucha. Smooth skater, great passser and great playmaker. He also can play hard, but sometimes falls into dirty stuff. Size is a question mark, he is not tall at 5.10 and 178 lbs. These are Prucha´s parameters of course, but Petr is so wild in his play, so unleashed, while Jan is more of hold-back type. Prucha has killer instincts. This is why I always thought Petr will make it and Jan will not.

Anyway, I will watch Marek tonight as Czech national team clashes with Finland at Prague for Rosno Cup game. He was always my favourite player, humble, nice to others. I will give you report after the game.
Good luck to Marek and the Czechs, I hope you lose a close game!

Old
12-15-2005, 10:27 AM
DarthSather99

I'd rather sign Marek than trade for Sykora. Trade Poti for picks and prospects. Call up Pock

Old
12-15-2005, 10:56 AM
You 'Orns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I'd rather sign Marek than trade for Sykora. Trade Poti for picks and prospects. Call up Pock
Trading for Sykora would be to help this year. If the Rangers sign Marek, it'd be for next year at the earliest.

Old
12-15-2005, 11:19 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Trading for Sykora would be to help this year. If the Rangers sign Marek, it'd be for next year at the earliest.

I wanna see Immonen up here before Marek. Marek can use a few games in the AHL. Just because ur a scorer in europe dont mean u wont be one here. Marek can turn into a Jan Hlavac or David Vyborny type. Id take Vyborny

Old
12-15-2005, 11:37 AM
bmoak

I know that under the new CBA, teams don't hold unsigned Euro's rights indefinately like they used to. How long do we have Marek's rights for?

Old
12-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Rodent

Aha.... I see Veela has beaten me to print on the Marek interview.

Well, I have posted videos of Marek on the rant page today. These are culled from Golden Helmet and Sparta's own web site since the 2003-2004 season. It's a mix.

See how versatile Marek is on the transition.

All those goals which Prucha misses by hitting the post or letting his shot be stopped by the goalie? Marek finishes those.

But it is true that Jan is not as complete a player as is Prucha. That said, neither was Pavel Bure complete and that did not hamper Bure's career. Neither is Ziggy or Mariusz and they found success in the NHL.

http://hockeyrodent.com/r1395.htm

Be aware, Marek will take penalties. Grrrrrrr.

Old
12-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Veela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Aha.... I see Veela has beaten me to print on the Marek interview.

Well, I have posted videos of Marek on the rant page today. These are culled from Golden Helmet and Sparta's own web site since the 2003-2004 season. It's a mix.

See how versatile Marek is on the transition.

All those goals which Prucha misses by hitting the post or letting his shot be stopped by the goalie? Marek finishes those.

But it is true that Jan is not as complete a player as is Prucha. That said, neither was Pavel Bure complete and that did not hamper Bure's career. Neither is Ziggy or Mariusz and they found success in the NHL.

http://hockeyrodent.com/r1395.htm
Be aware, Marek will take penalties. Grrrrrrr.
Oh, Rodent, how did you get to those Golden Helmet videos? For non-Czech related fans, Golden Helmet is hockey oriented contest run by Czech national television, where viewers vote for best goals, saves etc. I´m bit fascinated by idea that a guy from US watches Czech TV via satellite and records Golden Helmet highlights...

Closed Thread