HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Cam Ward sent to lowell

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Babachka

vCash: 500
Cam Ward sent to lowell

Recalled Nastiuk from Lowell

Old
12-14-2005, 02:57 PM
bleedgreen

awesome. this kid needs some starts to get his confidence back. the one who gets screwed here is nastiuk, who wasnt getting many starts prior to kolesniks callup with the avs. now that he can get more, he's getting called up to warm his butt up on the bench. i say get a veteran cheap and let cam stay there all season, unless they are going to split starts 50-50 between him and gerber. that seems unlikely right now.

Old
12-14-2005, 03:02 PM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Uhhh Lalime anyone??

I am very happy he went back to Lowell. He is way more valuable then door opener. Thats all I saw him do last night- hold open the door to the players bench for the guys. He needs to play and get better so he can be our #1 in a couple years.

I hope he doesnt feel like this is a punshment.

12-14-2005, 03:14 PM
CanesRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12
Uhhh Lalime anyone??

I am very happy he went back to Lowell. He is way more valuable then door opener. Thats all I saw him do last night- hold open the door to the players bench for the guys. He needs to play and get better so he can be our #1 in a couple years.

I hope he doesnt feel like this is a punshment.

He will be back on Monday. Ward will probably play a game next week. Look for him to start again Florida.

Old
12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
MaLockFan

Ward-O

Good news for us Lock Monster fans! Having Ziggy and Ward back makes me feel like it's Christmas already! Now all we have to do is get them to send down Staal, Commodore, Larose and acquire Kobasew from the Flames to have our team from last year...

Old
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12
Uhhh Lalime anyone??
Like I said in another thread, I'm down for that. I'm also a realist: not probable. Lalime has cleared waivers was sent to Peoria (ECHL?) and could be picked up on re-entry waivers if he is re-called to St. Louis. Will another team pick him up if that happens? Possible, as the Hurricanes place in the standings make it harder for them to get rights to him if someone else lower in the standings also put in a waiver claim. I'm thinking Lalime is going to Peoria until another GM asks about him. If Rutherford really wants to do it (which is just wishful thinking) I guess he could make an agreement that he put in a claim if Pleau would re-call Lalime.

Interesting what's going on in the NHL with goaltenders. So many available, but I think Lalime would be the easiest one to get out of the bunch. On re-entry waivers, he would be more affordable than giving up prospects (depends on how you look at it).

I don't know what's Lalime's current problems are, but after seeing what he did to us for years I'm willing to give him a chance to be our backup. Rutherford has given guys a chance in the past (Arturs Irbe, Mark Fitzpatrick) so I think he wants a veteran presence back stopping at all times deep down. Right now Ward is reminding me of the Tyler Moss days. Just seemed like they didn't trust to put him out there.

I'm seriously doubting Natsiuk will see any ice time. Something may be in the works, or they just want for Ward to get some PT then re-call him. Either way, Natsuik is fortunate to be re-called twice in his professional rookie season LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesRock
He will be back on Monday. Ward will probably play a game next week. Look for him to start again Florida.
Oops, disregard everything I just said then :| I didn't see your post until a few moments ago......

Last edited by HughJass*: 12-15-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old
12-15-2005, 01:25 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
you know, I hate to say it, but he's better off shuttling back and fourth to get the playing time. I don't know if it will cause any confidence problems, but with the seemingly eternally positive attitude that Ward has I doubt it.

Old
12-15-2005, 06:48 AM
MaLockFan

Nasty-suk

lol..Unless Gerber loses a leg in warm-ups you better hope that Nasty-suk doesn't do anything but open the door for the Canes. If another goalie is acquired from another team Ward will be better suited to be back down to Lowell after the freeze. Just for ice time alone..kid needs more work.

Old
12-15-2005, 08:00 AM
jeffbear

OK ... little reality here

1. Ward was specifically sent to Lowell to play in their three game weekend set. He'll be back in Raleigh by Tuesday barring injury.

2. Nastiuk is only on the roster to backup Gerber and give 'em somebody else to shoot at in practice. He's not ready for the AHL, much less the NHL.

3. The Canes have no plans to even think about another NHL goalie right now ... much less the overpaid and horrificly soft Lalime.

Old
12-15-2005, 08:20 AM
Les Ouragans

Understand. What the heck happened to Lalime? I admit to not keeping up with him since his peak years with the Sens, but he's not that old is he? Just lose his confidence, injuries, smaller pads ? Anyone know the scoop on how he fell so far?

Old
12-15-2005, 09:08 AM
jeffbear

Lalime did the sam thing with the Senators that he did with the Penguins previously ... started well and then sort of settled into mediocrity. You have to remember that his best seasons were spent backstopping the best defense in the entire NHL .. the Sens under Jacques Martin. That hides a lot of flaws.

Closed Thread