Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Sting/Knights trade

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2005, 09:34 PM
thomasincanada

vCash: 500
Sting/Knights trade

FYI, read this in the prospects board but it's a little more relevent here IMO..

The Sarnia Sting acquired defencemen Steve Ferry and Matt McCready from the London Knights on Wednesday for blue-liner Matt Pelech.

I'm not that surprised by this move, but I'll miss Ferry & McCready.

Old
12-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Default101

i am suprised... but since it's all over and done with i wanted to go on this board and ask Knights fan what if anything do Steve Ferry, and Mark McCready bring to the table?

Old
12-15-2005, 09:12 AM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm

I am surprised they gave up two D guys in exchange for one. I don't see what they will do if Rediker stays hurt. As I understand it both Pelech and Redicker are not avaialble until Jan 1 due to injury

What do Ferry and McReady bring to the table?

Ferry is talented but small at 175. But he is only 17. Handles the puck well. Never became a points scorer though.

McReady had more size and is also young. I liked the way McReady played. Handles himself well away from the puck.

I thought the Knights young defense was coming along just fine. I will likely miss McReady more than Ferry. The Knights must be expecting Wilkins to play more I guess.

This will not be the last deal. I am sure that another Defenseman will be picked up, soon I hope.

Old
12-15-2005, 03:43 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
I am surprised they gave up two D guys in exchange for one. I don't see what they will do if Rediker stays hurt. As I understand it both Pelech and Redicker are not avaialble until Jan 1 due to injury

What do Ferry and McReady bring to the table?

Ferry is talented but small at 175. But he is only 17. Handles the puck well. Never became a points scorer though.

McReady had more size and is also young. I liked the way McReady played. Handles himself well away from the puck.

I thought the Knights young defense was coming along just fine. I will likely miss McReady more than Ferry. The Knights must be expecting Wilkins to play more I guess.

This will not be the last deal. I am sure that another Defenseman will be picked up, soon I hope.
I'd bet you Kyle Wharton arrives in London any day now.

Old
12-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Default101

i hate to say it but i'm just waiting for Painchaud to be on his way out they've made it no mystery that their goal is to get the 07-08 Memorial Cup bid and Painchaud would be an overager the year before that would happen, it would just make sence, but he's a great player

Old
12-16-2005, 11:11 PM
JrHockeyFan

Sarnia game tonite

I see from the sheet that McCready played but Ferry did not. Any info on that?

The London/Sudbury game tonite was a bit of a mess in the second period. 3 of the 5 Sudbury goals came after the same player was allowed multiple shots without being touched. A lot of missed checking assignments in front of the net. A 3 to 1 lead became a 5 to 4 deficit. The D was thin tonite. But the callups, Crawford and Noyes really did not play that bad at all with limited ice time.

i hope Rediker and Pelech are fast healers. This could get nerve racking

Old
12-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Default101

McCready played pretty good tonight i was impressed considering i never heard anything good of him before lol, i hear he's got a great shot tho, so i'm starting to like this deal alittle better, and i think i've figured out some of the meaning to this, with the deal Jamie Frasier has been moved back to first line Center most likely centering the Painchaud/Pospisil line when Tomas get's back.

Old
12-17-2005, 01:36 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm

From what I have heard Crawford is staying with the Knights.

He did not get a ton of minutes, but the kid definitely has a pretty good shot. This is not something many of the London D guys can do.

Should be interesting seeing those back to back games at New Years.

Anybody know why Ferry did not dress last night?

Old
12-17-2005, 01:39 PM
JrHockeyFan

Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
McCready played pretty good tonight i was impressed considering i never heard anything good of him before lol, i hear he's got a great shot tho, so i'm starting to like this deal alittle better, and i think i've figured out some of the meaning to this, with the deal Jamie Frasier has been moved back to first line Center most likely centering the Painchaud/Pospisil line when Tomas get's back.
McCready broke a bone in his hand and missed a month or so. He is just getting back up to speed. He is a pretty good checker too. I think he will work out well for the Sting.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:26 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan

Anybody know why Ferry did not dress last night?
Apparently he's having "personal problems" and will rejoin after Christmas.

I think I could hazard a guess as to what that personal problem might be.

Old
12-18-2005, 03:24 AM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Apparently he's having "personal problems" and will rejoin after Christmas.

I think I could hazard a guess as to what that personal problem might be.
Care to speculate for the rest of us

Old
12-18-2005, 03:26 AM
Default101

Chad Painchaud wasn't producing after the trade last season and then left the team for 2 weeks for "personal reasons" turned out he was just homesick he lived with his parents (which most OHL'ers can't do) an was a hometown boy and then just got traded outta nowhere no clue what would be up with Ferry other than being delt to a rebuilding team

Old
12-18-2005, 10:13 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
Care to speculate for the rest of us
London to Sarnia

Closed Thread