HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garth Murray vs. Marcel Hoss

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2005, 10:09 PM
  #1
BeatsPerMinute
Registered User
 
BeatsPerMinute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Garth Murray vs. Marcel Hoss

I have to admit, at first I believed that Hossa was worth much more than Murray. But now that I've seen Murray in action and Hossa back to normal, I believe the habs got the better end of the deal. Opinions?

BeatsPerMinute is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
  #2
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,722
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Guy plays 1-2 games and gets 1 assist and you won the deal?

Hire Sather is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 10:19 PM
  #3
BeatsPerMinute
Registered User
 
BeatsPerMinute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
yes...considering what hossa's been doing recently...and considering we don't need murray as a goal scorer, but as a 4th liner with grit.

BeatsPerMinute is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 10:29 PM
  #4
Canadude*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
The Rangers are stacked with 3rd and 4th liners with heart and grit. They traded for a player they needed when the season started.

Canadude* is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 10:39 PM
  #5
TheZherdev
Registered User
 
TheZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
The Rangers are stacked with 3rd and 4th liners with heart and grit. They traded for a player they needed when the season started.
only problem is he is not producing that need.

TheZherdev is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 10:44 PM
  #6
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs
yes...considering what hossa's been doing recently...and considering we don't need murray as a goal scorer, but as a 4th liner with grit.
You won the trade!!!

Feel better?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 10:48 PM
  #7
NYRGoalieGlut*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
The Rangers are stacked with 3rd and 4th liners with heart and grit. They traded for a player they needed when the season started.
Bingo. Of course he hasn't really worked out, he's been invisible lately. However Murray is redundant on this team so I'm not losing sleep.

NYRGoalieGlut* is offline  
Old
12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
  #8
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,834
vCash: 500
I don't think that either team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs
I have to admit, at first I believed that Hossa was worth much more than Murray. But now that I've seen Murray in action and Hossa back to normal, I believe the habs got the better end of the deal. Opinions?
got the better end of the deal simply because you got what you needed, that we had to many of (that were better than Murray) and we got what we needed that you had to many of (that were better than Hossa)

Hossa is a talented player that has the tools to be better than he is. Just not the tool box to straighten out the tools.

Murray has a tool box and pretty much no tools, but what he has he uses well.


I think that this deal helped both team, so both teams made out for the best.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 08:30 PM
  #9
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,009
vCash: 500
Sniper Garth Murray just got his first NHL goal.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 08:38 PM
  #10
Large_Farva*
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Sniper Garth Murray just got his first NHL goal.

last season.....

Large_Farva* is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 08:42 PM
  #11
Large_Farva*
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
And yes. Murray would be better than Hossa on the 4th line, 3rd line, 2nd line, and 1st line. Hossa does nothing.

Large_Farva* is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
  #12
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
last season.....


Oops, thought he got 1 assist with the rangers.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 08:37 AM
  #13
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
You won the trade!!!

Feel better?

in the hall is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:03 PM
  #14
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
I hate to say it, but I completely agree with ya. I'm new to this board btw, and I'm one of those fans who just dies for 3rd and 4th liners like Holly and Orty. Barnaby, Mccarthy, Simon are actually some of my all-time favorites. I hate the way they've designed this new NHL, but I will not let anything take away from my Ranger passion, which is why I haven't missed a game this year. My opinion as you could guess would be it was a horrible trade. I have a close friend on this board who I always talk to, his name is Fire Sather. I'm tellin ya, right after the deal I told him how much I hated it. I view Hossa as a young kid who really won't be more than a slightly better Fedor Federov. Just imagine a line of Holly-Garth-Ortmeyer. All work their butts off, all are gritty and can scrap. Not to mention their all under 28 yrs old and would be together for a while. Well, I can only imagine. Yep, I hated the deal.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:13 PM
  #15
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
I hate to say it, but I completely agree with ya. I'm new to this board btw, and I'm one of those fans who just dies for 3rd and 4th liners like Holly and Orty. Barnaby, Mccarthy, Simon are actually some of my all-time favorites. I hate the way they've designed this new NHL, but I will not let anything take away from my Ranger passion, which is why I haven't missed a game this year. My opinion as you could guess would be it was a horrible trade. I have a close friend on this board who I always talk to, his name is Fire Sather. I'm tellin ya, right after the deal I told him how much I hated it. I view Hossa as a young kid who really won't be more than a slightly better Fedor Federov. Just imagine a line of Holly-Garth-Ortmeyer. All work their butts off, all are gritty and can scrap. Not to mention their all under 28 yrs old and would be together for a while. Well, I can only imagine. Yep, I hated the deal.

McCarthy yuck, We dealt Langdon and Rob Diamio for this stiff. At least Langdon fights. McCarthy stopped cause he thought he can score 20 goals. Anyone see the long fight between Langdon and Shelley the other night? It was a good one.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 11:35 PM
  #16
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
McCarthy yuck, We dealt Langdon and Rob Diamio for this stiff. At least Langdon fights. McCarthy stopped cause he thought he can score 20 goals. Anyone see the long fight between Langdon and Shelley the other night? It was a good one.
Heh yea man. But I was at a few games where Sandy was still a big bully. He would come in the ice and kick their ***. Afterwards, he would mock em by doing the chicken tactic and then he'd pump the garden up and raise his hands in the air. He was something special man. That's what I consider "entertainment and excitement" not this new brand of hockey

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 12:40 AM
  #17
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Heh yea man. But I was at a few games where Sandy was still a big bully. He would come in the ice and kick their ***. Afterwards, he would mock em by doing the chicken tactic and then he'd pump the garden up and raise his hands in the air. He was something special man. That's what I consider "entertainment and excitement" not this new brand of hockey
Those games must've been when he played AGAINST the Rangers. Not for them.

ECL is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 12:40 AM
  #18
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Oh, yeah.

And fighting and goonery is definately entertainment and excitement vs scoring and actual skill. Heck yes!

ECL is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 12:50 AM
  #19
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Oh, yeah.

And fighting and goonery is definately entertainment and excitement vs scoring and actual skill. Heck yes!
Sounds like sarcasm, and whether it is or not, that's not what I said. The bottom line is you can't have HOCKEY without fighting, passion, goonery, and hitting. It's a mean, intimidating sport. Don't change it.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 12:50 AM
  #20
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,112
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
he has played 2 games with he habs 1 goal and 1 assist with very little time, he sets the tone and creates space, good kid.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 12:50 AM
  #21
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
Those games must've been when he played AGAINST the Rangers. Not for them.
***? Orite man, w/e you say. He was a great Ranger, one of our best fighters. He wasn't here too long, probably why you forgot, but he was a true Ranger when he was here.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
  #22
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
***? Orite man, w/e you say. He was a great Ranger, one of our best fighters. He wasn't here too long, probably why you forgot, but he was a true Ranger when he was here.
Sandra McCarthy? Yeah, definitely a "true" Ranger if there ever was one...

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
  #23
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
***? Orite man, w/e you say. He was a great Ranger, one of our best fighters. He wasn't here too long, probably why you forgot, but he was a true Ranger when he was here.
He was one of the worst Rangers of all time and a complete and utter disgrace to the uniform.

ECL is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 01:01 AM
  #24
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Sounds like sarcasm, and whether it is or not, that's not what I said. The bottom line is you can't have HOCKEY without fighting, passion, goonery, and hitting. It's a mean, intimidating sport. Don't change it.
There is a ton of hitting and passion this year. Just less on the fighting and goonery.

Which is GREAT in my book. Which also must sell a lot better than yours.

ECL is offline  
Old
12-17-2005, 01:02 AM
  #25
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 500
Murray plays his role well (so far)

Hossa has much more upside but hasnt tapped into it yet.


the way i see it, its pretty much even on who won but Rangers could have their hands on a 30 goal scorer (at the top of his upside potential).

habs_24x is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.