HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garth Murray vs. Marcel Hoss

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 01:05 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
Murray plays his role well (so far)

Hossa has much more upside but hasnt tapped into it yet.

the way i see it, its pretty much even on who won but Rangers could have their hands on a 30 goal scorer (at the top of his upside potential).
That's exactly how I look at it. We traded a useless for a useless with more potential.

You guys traded a useless with more potential for a useless who could be sent down so your useless with more potential wouldn't just be a waiver pick-up.

Old
12-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Rover*

I remember before the season started, one columnist talking about hockey pool players called hossa a poor man's brent gretzky....didn't really believe it at the time, but now.....

Old
12-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Well I wouldn't deal Murray for Hossa but I would deal Hossa for just abouit anything else. The guy is useless, most nights he is invisible on the ice.

Old
12-17-2005, 10:25 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
There is a ton of hitting and passion this year. Just less on the fighting and goonery.

Which is GREAT in my book. Which also must sell a lot better than yours.
Gotta disagree there. I haven't seen any passion, grit, or heart in any Ranger games this year. I'm sure we had 1-2 moments which people will start bringing up, but the truth is we have not had those passionate NHL games. Didn't we all get pumped as hell for NYR-NYI, NYR-PHI games back then. There were fights in the crowd and fans jawing back and forth. The game was mean and brutal. Never again will we get to see that. Now you get what you want, so enjoy it. You get to see Prucha make a crazy move, score a goal, and then go joke around with an opposing player on the next shift. You don't get to see hard-nosed hockey anymore

Old
12-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
At the time of the trade I liked it. I saw Garth play briefly in 03/04 and I didnt see much, AT ALL. I mean, gritty little player and all that, but with Hossa we had an oppertunty to take a chance on a Hossa who has the potential to score 30 goals, espically in this "new nhl". It hasnt worked out with Hossa and I don't think he should be in the lineup.

Closed Thread