HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Amazing Fact of the Day: Featuring Al Montoya

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2005, 11:41 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Amazing Fact of the Day: Featuring Al Montoya

The forgotten Goalie...Al Montoya is Tied in 5th in the AHL with a GAA of 2.28 and is 2nd in the AHL with a .933 save %(1st in MAF who is inactive). Granted he's not really the lists because you need to have played a minimum of 480 minutes (he's only played 420 minutes). But WOW, those are some #'s. He's got a 6-1-0 record.

Keep up the great work Al

Old
12-15-2005, 11:34 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If we didn't have Hank, there would be 20 responses in that bit of info.

Old
12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
Ive got to be honest...what do we do with our goaltending situation. I love the current duo of Henke and Weekes, but if Monotoya continues to provide stellar play do we deal Weekes and hope Montoya can provide as a solid backup, or is it to early for that?

Old
12-15-2005, 12:31 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
Ive got to be honest...what do we do with our goaltending situation. I love the current duo of Henke and Weekes, but if Monotoya continues to provide stellar play do we deal Weekes and hope Montoya can provide as a solid backup, or is it to early for that?

Next season I think that would be very possible. Especially if Al keeps putting up the stats he is now. But putting Al in a backup role playing only 15-20 games might not be good for his development so they might keep him at the AHL for one more year then have Hank and Al split time in 2007-08...and take it from there.

Old
12-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

I said in another post that Henke is allowing Montoya to very quietly develop and that's awesome.

As for the goalie situation, it's way to early to tell. Montoya should spend at least this whole season in the AHL. Now if he absolutely dominates, I'd say it might be worth it to have him in the NHL next season. THEN this team could actually move Weekes (because it would actually make sense and not be a move just for the hell of it).

In the end the better goalie will hopefully win and having two young goalies will mean that whoever wins should have really earned it.

Closed Thread