HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Tickets Thread II

Old
02-02-2016, 02:32 PM
codeman00

vCash: 500
We unfortunately just don't have a dense population of real Predators fans here to fill the seats. I know of only a few people outside of meeting people at games that are actually diehard Predators fans. Most everyone I know could have cared less about the All Star Game this past weekend and didn't attend even part of it. It was really one of the best overall weekends I've ever had and I came to work and most people didn't even know it happened. I told all of these great stories and they looked at me like I was speaking Chinese..er or Canadian. It's bizarre but that's the way it is I guess.

A lot of people I know only go when they get free tickets and many of those people don't even know what offsides is even though they've been going to games for years. If they can't go for free, then they really don't care about going. You can see this in how many fans don't wear Blue or Gold to games (a huge pet peeve of mine). How in the heck do some of our fans continually pick out a RED shirt to wear to the Preds game?? Our home grown amateur hockey players are going to pay dividends for increased fan support over the next 10-20 years....and of course actually winning something one of these days would help too. We need a few sustained years of being really good!

Back to the weekday tickets....I don't have kids but am up by 6AM for work. I don't understand the sleepy kid thing...if its every once in awhile. I don't understand ever leaving early from a game. If I had kids, maybe I would. I think we (Nashville) have a distinct advantage for weekday games that we can actually leave the stadium easily and get home quickly. I usually am home to Goodlettsville by 10:20PM for weekday games. I don't really see that as being that late and I can't see it being as quick to get home in larger markets like Chicago, etc. I think its less of an excuse for Nashville personally because our city is much more compact.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2016, 03:14 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
Back to the weekday tickets....I don't have kids but am up by 6AM for work. I don't understand the sleepy kid thing...if its every once in awhile. I don't understand ever leaving early from a game. If I had kids, maybe I would. I think we (Nashville) have a distinct advantage for weekday games that we can actually leave the stadium easily and get home quickly. I usually am home to Goodlettsville by 10:20PM for weekday games. I don't really see that as being that late and I can't see it being as quick to get home in larger markets like Chicago, etc. I think its less of an excuse for Nashville personally because our city is much more compact.
If I lived in Nashville I might agree with you, but it's a 2-hour drive home after the game for me. I'm lucky to make it home before midnight after a weekend game. That makes for a sleepy next day.

edit: My point is, there are fans in outlying areas that make it to as many weekend games as possible, but it's very difficult for those people to make weeknight games.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2016, 03:48 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
If I lived in Nashville I might agree with you, but it's a 2-hour drive home after the game for me. I'm lucky to make it home before midnight after a weekend game. That makes for a sleepy next day.

edit: My point is, there are fans in outlying areas that make it to as many weekend games as possible, but it's very difficult for those people to make weeknight games.
Wow...2 hrs?! Yes, you have every right to not be at the weekday games. In my closed mind, I had no idea how many people actually commuted hours to regularly go to Preds games. That's impressive, my friend.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2016, 03:48 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
We unfortunately just don't have a dense population of real Predators fans here to fill the seats. I know of only a few people outside of meeting people at games that are actually diehard Predators fans. Most everyone I know could have cared less about the All Star Game this past weekend and didn't attend even part of it. It was really one of the best overall weekends I've ever had and I came to work and most people didn't even know it happened. I told all of these great stories and they looked at me like I was speaking Chinese..er or Canadian. It's bizarre but that's the way it is I guess.

A lot of people I know only go when they get free tickets and many of those people don't even know what offsides is even though they've been going to games for years. If they can't go for free, then they really don't care about going. You can see this in how many fans don't wear Blue or Gold to games (a huge pet peeve of mine). How in the heck do some of our fans continually pick out a RED shirt to wear to the Preds game?? Our home grown amateur hockey players are going to pay dividends for increased fan support over the next 10-20 years....and of course actually winning something one of these days would help too. We need a few sustained years of being really good!

I live in the 'Boro and its usually past 11PM when I make it home from a weeknight game. I have two kids in choice schools and getting them up and out the door by 7AM after the prior evening's homework and/or activities (church choir, dance team, soccer, etc.) is hard enough. I've had to curtail going to games a lot on weeknights unless its a crew from work. I love going but I have to be responsible too.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

When my kids were little children, Preds weren't here yet. I didn't go to many minor league games--my life was already very full with their after school activities and the responsibilities I took on with school, church, etc. When the Preds arrived, Logan was 8 and Caitlin was 12. My company had tickets, which we all shared, but after the newness wore off the tickets were going unused so I used them. I got hooked...but it was ONLY after I started participating on the old NP boards and attending and watching all the time. I began to care about the players, history, back story and the people I grew to know on a personal level. As it happened, my son was able to go to more games with me because my daughter was just involved in a lot more after school things. Result--son is more interested in hockey over all.

So I think maybe there are a lot of people with a casual interest who might attend 5-6 games a year. They "like" the Preds, that's the home team, but they're not rabid. But out of all those people there is that one who, given proper circumstances, will become the fan who becomes more than a casual fan. Those will simply take time to cultivate.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I don't go to a lot of weekend games because I'm going to concerts as well. The last two weekends I have gone to concerts on thurs/fri/sat. I wish I could roll Tues (game), Thurs (game + show), Friday (Show), and Saturday (game + show). That's rough man.

We are getting our density back, if you count pre-1950s density. Look at all the traditional Nashville 'burbs that are making comebacks. Lockland Springs, Inglewood, Donelson, West Nashville, etc. Once the millenials take back the money and jobs the Boomers stole from us we will start going to more games. And then the milllenials who grew up with the Preds as a new franchise will have kids.

Watch out, brahs.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2016, 10:45 PM
LCPreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
I live in the 'Boro and its usually past 11PM when I make it home from a weeknight game. I have two kids in choice schools and getting them up and out the door by 7AM after the prior evening's homework and/or activities (church choir, dance team, soccer, etc.) is hard enough. I've had to curtail going to games a lot on weeknights unless its a crew from work. I love going but I have to be responsible too.
Yeah I live in the Boro as well. To be honest during the week I usually end up leaving games early. Not sure if we will renew our half next season or not though since it seems they got rid of the weekend/holiday slanted option. Seems like the better deal for us will be to just do the 13 game (or whatever #) pack where you choose your games. Costs a bit more but at least will help avoid all of the weekday games.

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2016, 08:33 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
Yeah I live in the Boro as well. To be honest during the week I usually end up leaving games early. Not sure if we will renew our half next season or not though since it seems they got rid of the weekend/holiday slanted option. Seems like the better deal for us will be to just do the 13 game (or whatever #) pack where you choose your games. Costs a bit more but at least will help avoid all of the weekday games.
Even with the added costs, it's a better deal. There are SO many promotions for weekday games, that you can just pick and choose the ones you go to and get a discount along the way.

superyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Preds33

I was a half 2 years ago, flex last year and now I am a full. The reason I upgraded was I ended up at about 30-32 games each year even though I only officially bought 13 or 23 in my package. I figured if I was making it out to that many games, I might as well go all in. Weeks like this are killing me though. 4 straight + the All Star Weekend. I have had no time to recover at all.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2016, 09:12 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I was a half 2 years ago, flex last year and now I am a full. The reason I upgraded was I ended up at about 30-32 games each year even though I only officially bought 13 or 23 in my package. I figured if I was making it out to that many games, I might as well go all in. Weeks like this are killing me though. 4 straight + the All Star Weekend. I have had no time to recover at all.
If the flex comes with a playoff strip it's the best deal out there. You pay a little more, but you make it up on the promotional savings from the games they discount.... Between F&F, Nissan, college, etc.... you also have the flexibility to buy them whenever and not be committed.

Old
02-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
If the flex comes with a playoff strip it's the best deal out there. You pay a little more, but you make it up on the promotional savings from the games they discount.... Between F&F, Nissan, college, etc.... you also have the flexibility to buy them whenever and not be committed.
Depends. Like I said I attended 30+ games these last two years one even on the flex and the full season was only $100 more than what I paid last year for 32 games even with alot of those promos. So basically I got several games completely free compared to those deals with the full year. If your sole intention is to only attend 10 games and sell the rest, then yeah the flex is better.

Old
02-04-2016, 09:20 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Depends. Like I said I attended 30+ games these last two years one even on the flex and the full season was only $100 more than what I paid last year for 32 games even with alot of those promos. So basically I got several games completely free compared to those deals with the full year. If your sole intention is to only attend 10 games and sell the rest, then yeah the flex is better.
If I get anything next year, it will be the flex... mostly because of the discounts and because I had a really hard time getting anything close to face for games I was unable to make.

My intention is to get to as many games as possible while spending the least amount of money. If that means I don't go to a few of the more popular games, so be it.

Old
02-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Its GTO
Rookie User

Quote:
Wow...2 hrs?! Yes, you have every right to not be at the weekday games. In my closed mind, I had no idea how many people actually commuted hours to regularly go to Preds games. That's impressive, my friend.
My wife and I come to at least half the games every year, were STHs a year ago, and we live 3 hours away! Needless to say that drive is no fun!

Its GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Preds33

Quote:
To comment on this along with what others have said. There are FULL STH's who sit around me who live in Wayne County and they come to nearly every game unless something like weather or a family event keeps them away. In case you don't know where that is (Here it is on Google Maps). So to get to my point and others, alot of people come from alot of places that are quite a ways out, some even every game.

Old
02-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

There is a mother daughter duo who sit in 120 I believe, first or second row--they come from Knoxville for every game. I am pretty sure they even come for preseason games. That is dedication right there!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2016, 12:37 PM
FlaPanthers11
Cats Are Coming?

Not doing well filling the stadium so they jack up the prices? My season seats in the upper deck almost doubled. That's messed up. Anyone else have that problem?

FlaPanthers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers11 View Post
Not doing well filling the stadium so they jack up the prices? My season seats in the upper deck almost doubled. That's messed up. Anyone else have that problem?
This is the 2nd post today I have seen about prices regarding this kind of stuff. Where are you all seeing this stuff at? My online account has nothing showing as far as an invoice.

Old
02-18-2016, 01:18 PM
FlaPanthers11
Cats Are Coming?

Quote:
This is the 2nd post today I have seen about prices regarding this kind of stuff. Where are you all seeing this stuff at? My online account has nothing showing as far as an invoice.
Got a renewal email yesterday.

Old
02-18-2016, 01:21 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers11 View Post
Got a renewal email yesterday.
Ah. I didn't get one. I guess locking in for 2 years will save you on this kind of thing. The other post I saw was complaining about playoff ticket costs. I did not get an email about that either.

Old
02-18-2016, 01:27 PM
LetsGetThis

Quote:
Ah. I didn't get one. I guess locking in for 2 years will save you on this kind of thing. The other post I saw was complaining about playoff ticket costs. I did not get an email about that either.
I renewed for 2 years after last season and mine went up $25/month in the 300 level. And that was me complaining about them. My single seat in 308 is going to cost $53 for round one and $70 if they make it to round 2.

LetsGetThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetThis View Post
I renewed for 2 years after last season and mine went up $25/month in the 300 level. And that was me complaining about them. My single seat in 308 is going to cost $53 for round one and $70 if they make it to round 2.
I thought that when you renewed you were locked in at that rate for the two years. I have yet to get this "Email" and the invoice section of the online account manager seems to have vanished off my account.

Also was that Full or Half season rates? Just curious as I am on the 2 year rate in 309.

Old
02-18-2016, 01:47 PM
LetsGetThis

Quote:
I thought that when you renewed you were locked in at that rate for the two years. I have yet to get this "Email" and the invoice section of the online account manager seems to have vanished off my account.

Also was that Full or Half season rates? Just curious as I am on the 2 year rate in 309.
That's a full season rate and I also thought it was locked in for another season. I guess not.

LetsGetThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetThis View Post
That's a full season rate and I also thought it was locked in for another season. I guess not.
I just now got my email. Prices are locked in at this year's rate for next year. Those prices are to lock in for the next two seasons.

Looking at them, mine went up in 309 about $6 or $7 per game.

Old
02-18-2016, 02:20 PM
FlaPanthers11
Cats Are Coming?

I don't get the idea here. I couldn't commit to two years (so I understand that part) before getting this season but now that I want to renew my 14 dollar seats jump to 24? The season in which the All Star game isn't here? And the season that the team isn't playing up to last year's performance. Seems like a bad business model to me. I think they'll just drive off customers. I've had problems on a few occasions getting rid of my seats for 10 dollars. Weird. I'll just buy off the secondary market and through promos next year. Apologies for the mini rant.

Old
02-19-2016, 11:07 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

I also noticed that the invoice section is missing.
I have a half season with a commitment only for this year. I haven't received any email about the playoffs or next season.
My question is.. Did I miss it, or did they not get to me yet?

If you go to http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=105736 you can see that they updated the title for next season, but the body is still this season.