HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Tickets Thread II

Old
02-25-2016, 01:09 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
Question for you guys..

I'm a half season ticket holder (2 seats) in section 329. I currently pay for the cheaper tickets (329) through the regular season and pay up for better seats in the playoffs. Prices keep going up more than I can keep up with and my wife is not as excited about paying as much as I will. So I'm most like going to get better seats for the playoffs as in past years and then sell my 329s...hopefully for profit and to pay for the upgraded seats. I was also thinking about buying another extra set somewhere to resell. Does anyone have a feel for what section I should be buy in for decent resale profit? The last thing I want is to try to cover the cost of my better playoff tickets and get stuck paying even more. Last year, when I did sell my 329 seats, they were for little profit because we didn't have any Saturday playoff games. Which sections are easier to sell for profit?

I know this makes me sound like a horrible fan, but I'm a rabid Preds fan, I just despise the ticket price levels....and just want to do what it takes to bring my out of pocket cost down so i can reasonably afford good playoff seats. Plus I'll be able to make my wife happier by decreasing our seat cost.
I am just guessing, but I would imagine club or lower bowl for resale to out of town people. But you're taking a big risk for the games you can't sell. And I don't know how the ticket transfer option worked tHis year-- could you resell way in advance and transfer tickets? Isn't there some 48 hour rule?

Good luck. You're not a horrid fan.

I've thought about selling some of my tickets next year t be able to afford them and would love people's thoughts on the best way to re-sell.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2016, 02:22 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Why not call your rep and try to transfer your seats to that upgraded seat and pay the difference?
I'm not sure I follow you here. If I were to just transfer my current seats ($35) to the new seats ($75) and pay the difference, I'm still paying $35 +$40 = $75. I want to sit in the $75 seats and pay $35 so I have to sell the others for a profit to make up for the extra $40.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Preds33

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow you here. If I were to just transfer my current seats ($35) to the new seats ($75) and pay the difference, I'm still paying $35 +$40 = $75. I want to sit in the $75 seats and pay $35 so I have to sell the others for a profit to make up for the extra $40.
Gotcha...I think I was getting Regular Season where you have already paid and Play Offs where you haven't paid mixed up when I said pay the difference.

Regardless, you are paying up front an extra $35 on top of your 75 for that extra you are trying to sell, so now you have to basically get the same price as the new seats for them just to breakeven with what you would have paid to sit up top. Even then you are taking the risk and assuming that you will find a buyer for them.

I personally am not doing playoffs this year as the 8:30 start times last year killed me with work.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2016, 02:36 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I am just guessing, but I would imagine club or lower bowl for resale to out of town people. But you're taking a big risk for the games you can't sell. And I don't know how the ticket transfer option worked tHis year-- could you resell way in advance and transfer tickets? Isn't there some 48 hour rule?

Good luck. You're not a horrid fan.

I've thought about selling some of my tickets next year t be able to afford them and would love people's thoughts on the best way to re-sell.
The rule you were talking about was the "Keep the Red Out" which was for the Chicago series. The Preds decided to not release playoff tickets until the day of game at 9AM instead of sending them early. This caused a mess for Chicago fans wanting to travel in for the game because they couldn't guarantee tickets in hand before they planned travel. (oh I feel so sorry for those Chicago fans...)

Anyway, you're right, I am taking a big risk. I too think that club and lower bowl would bring more money. I honestly hate the thought of selling to rival team's fans. I just wish there was away to reward season ticket holders with great priced lower or club seats for the promise of us attending the game ourselves and all of this would be a moot point. Just to sit in Endzone club for 2 rounds, the bill is almost $1100 without profits from other tickets. My wallet will hate me if we ever make the 3rd and 4th round!

Old
02-25-2016, 11:53 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
My wallet will hate me if we ever make the 3rd and 4th round!
I've been putting a little bit back just in case for that. It'll happen eventually!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2016, 10:49 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Question for you guys..

I'm a half season ticket holder (2 seats) in section 329. I currently pay for the cheaper tickets (329) through the regular season and pay up for better seats in the playoffs. Prices keep going up more than I can keep up with and my wife is not as excited about paying as much as I will. So I'm most like going to get better seats for the playoffs as in past years and then sell my 329s...hopefully for profit and to pay for the upgraded seats. I was also thinking about buying another extra set somewhere to resell. Does anyone have a feel for what section I should be buy in for decent resale profit? The last thing I want is to try to cover the cost of my better playoff tickets and get stuck paying even more. Last year, when I did sell my 329 seats, they were for little profit because we didn't have any Saturday playoff games. Which sections are easier to sell for profit?

I know this makes me sound like a horrible fan, but I'm a rabid Preds fan, I just despise the ticket price levels....and just want to do what it takes to bring my out of pocket cost down so i can reasonably afford good playoff seats. Plus I'll be able to make my wife happier by decreasing our seat cost.
It depends on how you define profit. If you calculate it %wise, get the lowest row in a cheap section. If you ask me, I think that 212 and 213 are the best sections to get for resale.

superyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2016, 12:22 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
It depends on how you define profit. If you calculate it %wise, get the lowest row in a cheap section. If you ask me, I think that 212 and 213 are the best sections to get for resale.
I appreciate the advice. I honestly don't care if I make a dime out of reselling...I'd be ecstatic just to offset the cost of my upgraded seats. If I chip into the original seat cost, then that would be bonus.

Old
02-26-2016, 12:26 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I appreciate the advice. I honestly don't care if I make a dime out of reselling...I'd be ecstatic just to offset the cost of my upgraded seats. If I chip into the original seat cost, then that would be bonus.
Regardless, those are my favorite sections.

Old
02-26-2016, 02:50 PM
kcos194
Rookie User

Anyone selling, or know someone selling Adult all you can eat/drink tickets for 3/17? I was waiting to hear back from a buddy if they were coming to the game or not and now the team has stopped selling those tickets with the all you can drink option. Looking for most likely 6, but they don't all have to be together if it's not possible. Coming down for my bachelor party. Any help anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.

kcos194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2016, 03:12 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcos194 View Post
Anyone selling, or know someone selling Adult all you can eat/drink tickets for 3/17? I was waiting to hear back from a buddy if they were coming to the game or not and now the team has stopped selling those tickets with the all you can drink option. Looking for most likely 6, but they don't all have to be together if it's not possible. Coming down for my bachelor party. Any help anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.
That's odd. Even as a FULL Season Ticket Holder, I can't get them (Not even the non Adult version). Not sure what happened to them. You might want to call a sales person or fan relations.

Fan Relations Phone: (615) 770-2355

Old
02-26-2016, 03:15 PM
kcos194
Rookie User

Quote:
That's odd. Even as a FULL Season Ticket Holder, I can't get them (Not even the non Adult version). Not sure what happened to them. You might want to call a sales person or fan relations.

Fan Relations Phone: (615) 770-2355
Thanks, but that's how I found out they weren't selling them anymore. Went to the single game section on the preds site, saw that wasn't an option anymore and called. Rep told me they've stopped selling them for the rest of the year so as to not inundate concessions.

kcos194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Panic at the Back

Quick question - friend of mine gave me tickets for tomorrow's game. What are my parking options? Any lots to target, any to avoid?

Thanks

Panic at the Back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic at the Back View Post
Quick question - friend of mine gave me tickets for tomorrow's game. What are my parking options? Any lots to target, any to avoid?

Thanks
Just park for free at Nissan Stadium Lot R and walk across the pedestrian bridge. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow so no worries about getting rained on.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Panic at the Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Just park for free at Nissan Stadium Lot R and walk across the pedestrian bridge. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow so no worries about getting rained on.

Didn't know that was even an option. Thanks! I'll need to walk off a pizza so that works perfect.

Panic at the Back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2016, 09:42 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
I have 2 tickets for tonight in the upper deck if anyone is interested pm me your email address.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2016, 07:05 PM
FossilFndr

A year or so ago I got a discount code from Justin Bradford, not secret it is/was on PBR website. Was thinking about coming to town for Kings and looking for a discount. anybody help? The jbradford code did not help at my smashville tix (@ticketmaster) this time.

PM me if you can help. Thanks

Thanks to a kind soul I got discount for a seat in 101 3rd row for Kings game. Best seat I've ever had and only trip to Nashville this year.

Go Preds.

Last edited by FossilFndr: 03-07-2016 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Got code
FossilFndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2016, 01:22 PM
codeman00

So I ended up buying a couple of extra sets of playoff tickets to try to offset the extra cost of my upgraded club seats for the playoffs. We'll call this a trial season that could blow up in my face. I'm on the hook for a lot of $$ if it doesn't work out. Hopefully bare minimum I'll at least be able to sell them for face value, and if I'm lucky, maybe a little more. For this to work, I need some weekend games (that we didn't have last year) and also for our playoff sale restrictions not to bite me.

Old
03-10-2016, 03:35 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So I ended up buying a couple of extra sets of playoff tickets to try to offset the extra cost of my upgraded club seats for the playoffs. We'll call this a trial season that could blow up in my face. I'm on the hook for a lot of $$ if it doesn't work out. Hopefully bare minimum I'll at least be able to sell them for face value, and if I'm lucky, maybe a little more. For this to work, I need some weekend games (that we didn't have last year) and also for our playoff sale restrictions not to bite me.
Lots of luck. From what I've been told, (technically) the playoff tickets are non transferable and you can only get in with your passport. This was the case last year also, and they allowed PDFs, transfers and using the TicketExchange at the last minute due to complaints.

If the final standings shake out with the Preds playing a team from the Pacific, it is my opinion that they will allow transfers without it being a pain. If they somehow end up playing a division opponent, they will restrict transfers, PDF printing, and everything else that can do...possibly including the TicketExchange.

They will also prevent anyone from outside the greater Nashville area from buying seats. I also don't think that people from any of the Pacific playoff cities are going to travel to Nashville on short notice for a first or second round game.

What I have found to be the case in Nashville from being an out of towner and having seats to unload is that most people that love hockey have seats, know someone with seats, or have no problem getting seats. A handful of people I met during All Star Weekend pretty much told me that the market is very soft.

I'm considering not paying my playoff invoice and just letting it go. I still have about a week to decide. Curious to see what you think of my response.

Old
03-14-2016, 03:35 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
Lots of luck. From what I've been told, (technically) the playoff tickets are non transferable and you can only get in with your passport. This was the case last year also, and they allowed PDFs, transfers and using the TicketExchange at the last minute due to complaints.

If the final standings shake out with the Preds playing a team from the Pacific, it is my opinion that they will allow transfers without it being a pain. If they somehow end up playing a division opponent, they will restrict transfers, PDF printing, and everything else that can do...possibly including the TicketExchange.

They will also prevent anyone from outside the greater Nashville area from buying seats. I also don't think that people from any of the Pacific playoff cities are going to travel to Nashville on short notice for a first or second round game.

What I have found to be the case in Nashville from being an out of towner and having seats to unload is that most people that love hockey have seats, know someone with seats, or have no problem getting seats. A handful of people I met during All Star Weekend pretty much told me that the market is very soft.

I'm considering not paying my playoff invoice and just letting it go. I still have about a week to decide. Curious to see what you think of my response.
Well, #1 I wish I would have seen your response sooner...actually I wish I would have seen a post like this when I threw the idea out there several weeks ago about trying to offset my playoff costs. I'll have to go back and read but I remember getting a lot of "not sures", etc. This one is a pretty solid "Buyer Beware" warning.

That being said, I don't know where I stand on this. As I've said before, I don't want other teams fans in the building either for the playoffs but I don't really agree with the cost that's charged for decent seats to our playoff games. I remember reading some of the problems that you listed but I was never affected by them last season because I didn't try this. What I thought happened was that the seats were released to the season ticket holder the day of at 9AM and they could do with them whatever they wanted...print them pdf, etc. Stubhub was absolutely loaded with seats with the promise they would be loaded gameday. Once that time hit, they were loaded up and sold. I didn't realize they limited PDF printing or Ticket Exchange. I had a friend that said he bought $50 lowers right before the game on stubhub...now it makes sense why.

Yeah, I'm more nervous now.

Old
03-14-2016, 09:17 PM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Well, #1 I wish I would have seen your response sooner...actually I wish I would have seen a post like this when I threw the idea out there several weeks ago about trying to offset my playoff costs. I'll have to go back and read but I remember getting a lot of "not sures", etc. This one is a pretty solid "Buyer Beware" warning.

That being said, I don't know where I stand on this. As I've said before, I don't want other teams fans in the building either for the playoffs but I don't really agree with the cost that's charged for decent seats to our playoff games. I remember reading some of the problems that you listed but I was never affected by them last season because I didn't try this. What I thought happened was that the seats were released to the season ticket holder the day of at 9AM and they could do with them whatever they wanted...print them pdf, etc. Stubhub was absolutely loaded with seats with the promise they would be loaded gameday. Once that time hit, they were loaded up and sold. I didn't realize they limited PDF printing or Ticket Exchange. I had a friend that said he bought $50 lowers right before the game on stubhub...now it makes sense why.

Yeah, I'm more nervous now.
If that's the case, I'm sorry I didn't respond. I don't remember when I made the decision. I responded to your message about my favorite sections.

Since my last post, this is what my situation is.... I called the team and technically, the playoff tickets are nontransferable per the agreement. I don't know where mine is, and am too lazy to verify and argue about it. That was the case last year.....but a lot of people complained and they made them transferable. I don't know if they used the standard 48 hour window or if they did the 7 hour window they used for the Hawks, Blues, and Red Wings, and a few other teams this year. If they do either of those, the former is fine, and the latter is a little bit of a pain.

If they play a Central Division team, you can bet they they are going to restrict everything as much as humanly possible.... They may turn off TicketExchange, PDFs, and transfers all together. You can get around this my selling them and having them left at Will Call for who ever you sold them to.

Every year, the Preds get more and more popular, and people from out of town realize that Nashville is a amazing place to spend the weekend and see the team they follow as an away game. I think it's really silly and most people on the board disagree, but they do what they can to keep opposing fans out. I usually did my best to sell my unused seats to locals, but when I was unable to, everyone's money was just as green.

I followed Stubhub pretty closely all season and there was usually a crash when it got closer to game time. If you're looking to get rid of seats, get paid as soon as you can and get rid of everything as soon as possible. It's better to leave some money on the table than worry about losing it later.

As for the cost, I don't know where your seats are, but my seats in the 200s are $82 for the first round and $99 for the second round. Compared to the other teams I have seats to, this is practically nothing. Nashville has some of the cheapest tickets in the NHL.

I told my family I'm not going to pay it, and if any of them want the seats, they can pay the invoice and I'll FedEx them the passport....No takers so far. Keep in mind that Nashville will most likely not be the home team and I can't get any combination of family members that are hockey fans to commit to the games. That and similar sentiment on other boards I'm on are pretty much are what's making me lean towards not paying the invoice.

Old
03-15-2016, 06:58 AM
predfan98

A friend of mine is looking for a discount for tickets to the kings game on the 21st. When I watched last night I didn't see any discounts advertised. Anyone got any discount codes?

Also, I'm a little confused after reading the discussion about reselling tickets. Can you not transfer tickets to anyone from your account anymore except the day of the game, or not at all? When I go out of town I usually try to sell tickets, but would rather sell in advance than try to deal with on vacation, etc.
Not talking about playoff tickets, regular tickets. Has anyone sold tickets this year to someone else ahead of time.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Preds33

Quote:
A friend of mine is looking for a discount for tickets to the kings game on the 21st. When I watched last night I didn't see any discounts advertised. Anyone got any discount codes?
I'm not sure of any promos for Monday games.

Quote:
Also, I'm a little confused after reading the discussion about reselling tickets. Can you not transfer tickets to anyone from your account anymore except the day of the game, or not at all? When I go out of town I usually try to sell tickets, but would rather sell in advance than try to deal with on vacation, etc.
Not talking about playoff tickets, regular tickets. Has anyone sold tickets this year to someone else ahead of time.
The transfer thing is the same if you are transferring in the regular season, the only restriction is on printing. You can only print 48 hours in advance of ordinary games, not until 10AM on gameday advance of premium games (such as Chicago/St. Louis/Detriot). Where the transfer rules may get skewed is come playoff time.

Last year prior to the playoffs they told us there would be ZERO transfers in the playoffs and that this rule would hold true this year for these premium games. They said that the tickets would be ticketless and only the person who purchased them could use them. If it was a STH, the passport would get you in, if you had multiple people in your group as a STH and you don't arrive together, they said they could get you all the additional passports you needed and that solved the problem with needing to print all the extras. They then went on to individual tickets saying that they would be credit card entry only and that there would be ZERO paper tickets. This was in effort to keep the red out. Well the problem is they lied. The way it worked out was they ended up allowing people to print tickets (although you had to wait until 10AM day of the game) and if you have a printed ticket you can do whatever with it.

Old
03-15-2016, 08:11 AM
codeman00

Quote:
I'm not sure of any promos for Monday games.

The transfer thing is the same if you are transferring in the regular season, the only restriction is on printing. You can only print 48 hours in advance of ordinary games, not until 10AM on gameday advance of premium games (such as Chicago/St. Louis/Detriot). Where the transfer rules may get skewed is come playoff time.

Last year prior to the playoffs they told us there would be ZERO transfers in the playoffs and that this rule would hold true this year for these premium games. They said that the tickets would be ticketless and only the person who purchased them could use them. If it was a STH, the passport would get you in, if you had multiple people in your group as a STH and you don't arrive together, they said they could get you all the additional passports you needed and that solved the problem with needing to print all the extras. They then went on to individual tickets saying that they would be credit card entry only and that there would be ZERO paper tickets. This was in effort to keep the red out. Well the problem is they lied. The way it worked out was they ended up allowing people to print tickets (although you had to wait until 10AM day of the game) and if you have a printed ticket you can do whatever with it.
That's what I remember from last year. Stubhub put a note up on Predators tickets notifying buyers that playoff tickets would be available day of and they wouldn't get their tickets immediately if purchased before gameday. Once the tickets were released that morning, STH would print the PDFs and upload them immediately to stubhub for sale. This did semi-keep the red out because Chicago fans weren't able to 100% secure tickets in advance, therefore many of them didn't travel.

I hope I don't get screwed on this deal but I guess its my own fault if I do.

Old
03-15-2016, 10:24 AM
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
That's what I remember from last year. Stubhub put a note up on Predators tickets notifying buyers that playoff tickets would be available day of and they wouldn't get their tickets immediately if purchased before gameday. Once the tickets were released that morning, STH would print the PDFs and upload them immediately to stubhub for sale. This did semi-keep the red out because Chicago fans weren't able to 100% secure tickets in advance, therefore many of them didn't travel.

I hope I don't get screwed on this deal but I guess its my own fault if I do.
I hope you don't get screwed. The best way to unload tickets is to build a network of people that buy from you every year and often.

Old
03-15-2016, 10:53 AM
MrJoshua

I live 2 hours away and have a full season ticket plan so I always end up having extra tickets I can't use. I've gotten to where I usually just donate them to charity through the Preds ticket website instead of trying to sell them, because they were either not selling or I'd have to lower the price so much it wasn't really worth it. I just count it as a tax writeoff.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote