HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now I know why I don't listen to "Kings Talk" anymore...

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2005, 01:33 AM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Now I know why I don't listen to "Kings Talk" anymore...

These people are idiots... and Nick has to be on something... He's made some horrendous "observations." I didn't write them all down, but I'll say this... if anyone honestly believes the Kings were banking on "proven veterans" like Derek Armstrong... YIKES. News Flash... Armstrong was a fringe NHL player thrust into a position of prominence when the team had a dozen injured forwards two/three years ago... he was a stop gap who filled in admirably, but who the hell would count on him to do more than he's done (14 points in 21 games is actually a HIGHER percentage than he had when he was getting first line time in 2002-04.)

Blaming the officiating for 'ticky tack' calls???? Come on... the Kings had plenty of chances to score, and they killed plenty of Caps penalties. The officials didn't decide the game. The Kings were outworked along the boards, ATROCIOUS in the faceoff circle in the defensive end, and had the second best goaltender on the ice.

This team went IN THE TOILET when Parros went down (or when Luc came back, you make the call.)

Old
12-15-2005, 01:35 AM
TubbyTerrion*

P.S. If Daryl Evans is so damned insightful, why is he in the broadcast booth and not behind the bench. (SMIRK)

Old
12-15-2005, 01:36 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
These people are idiots... and Nick has to be on something... He's made some horrendous "observations." I didn't write them all down, but I'll say this... if anyone honestly believes the Kings were banking on "proven veterans" like Derek Armstrong... YIKES. News Flash... Armstrong was a fringe NHL player thrust into a position of prominence when the team had a dozen injured forwards two/three years ago... he was a stop gap who filled in admirably, but who the hell would count on him to do more than he's done (14 points in 21 games is actually a HIGHER percentage than he had when he was getting first line time in 2002-04.)

Blaming the officiating for 'ticky tack' calls???? Come on... the Kings had plenty of chances to score, and they killed plenty of Caps penalties. The officials didn't decide the game. The Kings were outworked along the boards, ATROCIOUS in the faceoff circle in the defensive end, and had the second best goaltender on the ice.

This team went IN THE TOILET when Parros went down (or when Luc came back, you make the call.)

Old
12-15-2005, 01:41 AM
TubbyTerrion*

P.S.S. Luc is 39... he's not suited for the NHL in 2006... let him score those damned goals he needs to pass Marcel and send him into the front office. Maybe send him to John Van Boxmeer Memorial University...

P.S.S.S. Why has Norstrom taken "so many more penalties than in the past"... ANSWER: he can't maintain the foot speed necessary in the NHL 2006 to play solid defense. No slam against Matti, he's a warrior, but some guys adapt, and some suck... You make the call.

Old
12-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Haik

Quote:
P.S.S. Luc is 39... he's not suited for the NHL in 2006... let him score those damned goals he needs to pass Marcel and send him into the front office. Maybe send him to John Van Boxmeer Memorial University...

P.S.S.S. Why has Norstrom taken "so many more penalties than in the past"... ANSWER: he can't maintain the foot speed necessary in the NHL 2006 to play solid defense. No slam against Matti, he's a warrior, but some guys adapt, and some suck... You make the call.
Taking 4 minute shifts can't help Matty either....

Old
12-15-2005, 01:54 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik
Taking 4 minute shifts can't help Matty either....
Me thinks you exaggerate a tad:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/SC020455.HTM

Old
12-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Haik

Obviously...

I remember him being on a ice for a very long time tho. Him and Miller. I think it was around the time of Pavol's illeagal stick penalty.

Old
12-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Osprey

Don't blame Norstrom for that penalty he took shortly after the previous PK had ended. He had been on the ice for 2.5 minutes (that's 3 times the length of a regular shift). Blame the whole PK unit for not being able to get the puck out of their zone for the entire duration of a 2-minute penalty kill, plus 30 seconds or so afterward. There's no excuse for the 29th-ranked PP to be able to keep the puck in the Kings zone for the entire powerplay.

Old
12-15-2005, 02:24 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Don't blame Norstrom for that penalty he took shortly after the previous PK had ended. He had been on the ice for 2.5 minutes (that's 3 times the length of a regular shift). Blame the whole PK unit for not being able to get the puck out of their zone for the entire duration of a 2-minute penalty kill, plus 30 seconds or so afterward. There's no excuse for the 29th-ranked PP to be able to keep the puck in the Kings zone for the entire powerplay.
Feel the wrath of Jamie Heward and Bryan Muir (I wore my Bryan Muir autographed Monarchs jersey tonight... it felt good )

Old
12-15-2005, 06:19 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Feel the wrath of Jamie Heward and Bryan Muir (I wore my Bryan Muir autographed Monarchs jersey tonight... it felt good )
Given Gleason played about 20-games or so with Muir in Manchester a couple of seasons back. I thought it admirable of Tim to stand in front of Muir's shot. Having witnessed Muir's shot on several occasions, I would have headed for the locker room BEFORE he got it off!

I continue to question why the Kings pretty much just gave Muir away.

Last edited by King Blazer: 12-15-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old
12-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
I think you're wrong. Norstrom actually is one of the best skaters on the team. He's HIGHLY underrated in that category. Ask Robby Glantz about Norstrom's skating.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:44 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
I think you're wrong. Norstrom actually is one of the best skaters on the team. He's HIGHLY underrated in that category. Ask Robby Glantz about Norstrom's skating.
OK, so how do you explain his sudden increase in penalty minutes? He has averaged about .64 minutes per game over the last 5 years (.61 last season) - this season he has averaged 1.07 minutes per game.

Old
12-15-2005, 10:26 AM
mrc23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
OK, so how do you explain his sudden increase in penalty minutes? He has averaged about .64 minutes per game over the last 5 years (.61 last season) - this season he has averaged 1.07 minutes per game.
All across the league, penalties are being called at a rate of 1.67 times more than before. Hence, 1.67 X .64= 1.07 ... as expected.

Ok, I made that up.

Old
12-15-2005, 11:23 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP

and on top of that, the majority are hooking penalties. which tells you only one thing... he's getting OUT SKATED!

Old
12-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Game Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
New rules, old habits die hard. I suspect that most d-men, especially physical ones, are taking more penalties this year. He's not the problem. But seeing him and Miller out there on the power play is killing me.

Old
12-15-2005, 12:40 PM
TubbyTerrion*

OK, after a night's sleep, here's another one that Nick foisted on us...

Some bozeau called up wanting VanCrapsmear's head... OK, fine. I don't like the guy either, but I don't think he's the sole reason the PP sucks...

SO... Nick counters with complete disagreement, citing the beginning of the season when the PP was working...

Let us review...

Was it working on 10/9... game THREE of the season, when the Kings won 2-1 in OT vs. Minnesota and the PP went 0 for 6?

How about the next game (vs. Edmonton)... they got 2 PPG, but were 2 for 10...

Game FIVE on the season, a 5-2 loss vs. Detroit... PP? 0 for 7...

How about 1 for 10 in an early season game against Calgary?

Do I hear 1 for 8 against Anaheim?

Maybe that big win in early November against Nashville, where the PP went 0 for 8

and then the following 2 games they went 1 for 6 and 1 for 7...

In FACT... the power play has sucked ALL YEAR...

REPEAT: SUCKED (Thursday, November 17th the PP got 3 of 7... that's the only night they really can say it worked.)

Two different nights they have had 10 chances (1 and 2 goals respectively)

Four nights they had 9 chances (three of them they got 2 ppg, but in a WIN against Chicago they were 0 for 9!)

Come on, Nick... call a spade a spade!

Old
12-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Marc from Studio City, thank you for calling. You're on Kings Talk.

Old
12-15-2005, 01:00 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Marc from Studio City, thank you for calling. You're on Kings Talk.

Not even the lure of Tom Popcornopolous would get me out of that "cone" of silence.

Closed Thread