HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Dec 15th, 7:00pm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2005, 10:13 PM
  #301
Jazz
Registered User
 
Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Jazz
On the Canucks radio, the intermission guest (I didn't catch the name) was asked about the schedule and the lack of games vs the other conference, and the response was the Philly fans do not want to see the Vancouver/Colorado/Calgary/Detriot etc etc....but more of NY Rangers/New Jersey etc (usual rhetoric).

What is the opinion of the fans here?

Jazz is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:18 PM
  #302
Kevin Danko
Cheeseburger Picnic
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,277
vCash: 420
Esche may have repulled his groin.
Carter had 52 stitches and didn't look well on the bench when he returned.
Richards is probably lost for 2-3 weeks

Kevin Danko is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:19 PM
  #303
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,410
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
On the Canucks radio, the intermission guest (I didn't catch the name) was asked about the schedule and the lack of games vs the other conference, and the response was the Philly fans do not want to see the Vancouver/Colorado/Calgary/Detriot etc etc....but more of NY Rangers/New Jersey etc (usual rhetoric).

What is the opinion of the fans here?

the exact opposite.



Let me tell you about 90% of Flyers fans. They have no idea.

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:21 PM
  #304
Matti_A
Registered User
 
Matti_A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
OMG Knuble almost stuffed that in!

outshot them 44-25

chalk that L up for Esche - he earned it
The sad thing is Nitty will be credited for the loss, since he gave up the game-winner.

Matti_A is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:22 PM
  #305
Kevin Danko
Cheeseburger Picnic
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,277
vCash: 420
Confirmed by Hitchcock Esche has a groin pull again.
Richards may not have a concussion.
Carter is hurting

- Hitchcock.

Kevin Danko is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:24 PM
  #306
phlacheesesteak
Registered User
 
phlacheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
On the Canucks radio, the intermission guest (I didn't catch the name) was asked about the schedule and the lack of games vs the other conference, and the response was the Philly fans do not want to see the Vancouver/Colorado/Calgary/Detriot etc etc....but more of NY Rangers/New Jersey etc (usual rhetoric).

What is the opinion of the fans here?
I want to see the Flyers play every western confrence team..

i always looked forward to philly-colorado being here near hershey, but now the bears pro affiliate changed to washington, im not as excited about those games.

I like seeing the Flyers play western teams just as much as eastern. when theres 82 games and Philly cant play more than 7 of those teams then that is really jack the f up, seriously, thanks bettman

phlacheesesteak is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:24 PM
  #307
Johnny LaRue
Registered User
 
Johnny LaRue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kudamatsu-shi, Japan
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,610
vCash: 500
I'd like to see the East more myself.

Johnny LaRue is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
  #308
Jazz
Registered User
 
Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Jazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
the exact opposite.



Let me tell you about 90% of Flyers fans. They have no idea.
No idea about the teams in the West?

Jazz is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:26 PM
  #309
Kevin Danko
Cheeseburger Picnic
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,277
vCash: 420
Well i think its pretty clear that Niitymaki will be getting the start again the next couple of games. If Esche has a pulled groin i expect em out for atleast another week or two similar to Forsberg and Gagne just to make sure everythings good

Kevin Danko is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:37 PM
  #310
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Ya know, after getting out of school I'd like some good news. I just wanted to hear that no one got hurt!!! Is that too much to ask!!!!

I'm going to shotgun a six pack and start studying for tomorrow mornings exam.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:39 PM
  #311
DeleteThisAccount
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: And eating brains
Country: United States
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Bundy benched after the fourth goal?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/SC020456.HTM

DeleteThisAccount is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:45 PM
  #312
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru
 
DayWalk3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern Hemisphere
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
Bundy benched after the fourth goal?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/SC020456.HTM
or another injury?

DayWalk3r is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 10:48 PM
  #313
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
A c&p from the 'Nucks GDT b/c it's just easier that way:

First off, I'd like to thank all the 'Nucks & Philly fans for letting me rant on about rum and rootbeer while the game was on and I missed the first eight minutes b/c I was on the wrong channel. Couldn't 'someone' have said GAME ON!? NO, apparently not.

Not one of Auld's better games.

Bertuzzi came to play and I have faith that he'll only improve. I think that's the first time in a long time where he hit his stick on the ice when the play didn't go his way.

Naslund took two back-to-back lazy penalties; don't think I've ever seen that before. Maybe he's still hurting.

Sedins got five assists I think? Unfrigginbelievable.

Carter was very good but of course he plays with the Sedins.

Not the best night for Allen or Salo but Ohlund continues to be elite.

Considering the Flyers had so many injuries, I thought they played extremely well. Handzus was a beast. Floppy was his usual excellent self.

Daniel's disallowed buzzer-beater goal would have made the game 6-4.

Let's see: Boston, Ottawa, NYR & Philly are toast... back to the NW to get spanked now.

I do not want the 'Nucks to play Philly when they get totally healthy.

Thalia is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:00 PM
  #314
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
OT: ottawa is having a real hard time with dallas tonight. could they be returning to earth?
Honestly, after tonight's performance by the Flyers and given their injury situation... I'm picking Philly to be the beast of the east.

I've rarely got a chance to watch the Flyers this season and honestly... you guys are good. Really, really good.

Thalia is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
  #315
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I do not want the 'Nucks to play Philly when they get totally healthy.
Don't worry because it'll never freaking happen. I remember when training camp started we were all thinking "good to get all this out of the way at once." then it turned into "atleast it's only the first half of the year." I know we're all hoping for the second half of the year to be different but it'll be the same garbage.

It's unreal.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:06 PM
  #316
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Don't worry because it'll never freaking happen. I remember when training camp started we were all thinking "good to get all this out of the way at once." then it turned into "atleast it's only the first half of the year." I know we're all hoping for the second half of the year to be different but it'll be the same garbage.

It's unreal.
Maybe there's a problem with the conditioning/training staff?

Knock on wood but the 'Nucks have been amazingly healthy for years give or take a few injuries but that's to be expected.

Thalia is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:16 PM
  #317
Kickassguy
Registered User
 
Kickassguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 1121
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Maybe there's a problem with the conditioning/training staff?

Knock on wood but the 'Nucks have been amazingly healthy for years give or take a few injuries but that's to be expected.

Aside from a certain 'tender with a groin and knees of glass.

Kickassguy is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:23 PM
  #318
ArtG
Registered User
 
ArtG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
On the Canucks radio, the intermission guest (I didn't catch the name) was asked about the schedule and the lack of games vs the other conference, and the response was the Philly fans do not want to see the Vancouver/Colorado/Calgary/Detriot etc etc....but more of NY Rangers/New Jersey etc (usual rhetoric).

What is the opinion of the fans here?
I believe this stunning intellectual's name is Bobby Clarke, the one and only.

BTW, good game Philly, I was really hoping to see a Ruutu vs Forsberg rematch though.

ArtG is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:34 PM
  #319
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,522
vCash: 500
We're running out of Phantoms to call up. Soon it'll be Titans and then we'll be smuggling kids out of the juniors

RoDu is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:37 PM
  #320
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,019
vCash: 500
I thought the flyers played real well. Esche was hurt early in the second so cant count the bad ones against. Trust me he is a good goalie if you look all of his bad games were actaully while playing injured ...when healthy he is great . Imagine us when we are healthy though...I see better days ahead...flat out dominant days. for now...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:38 PM
  #321
DeleteThisAccount
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: And eating brains
Country: United States
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
We're running out of Phantoms to call up. Soon it'll be Titans and then we'll be smuggling kids out of the juniors
Sign Hawryluk!

DeleteThisAccount is offline  
Old
12-15-2005, 11:58 PM
  #322
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,344
vCash: 500
Just got back fromt he game.

Rarely do i ever walk out not extrenely disappointed after a loss, but I did tonight. With essentially half our team we completely controlled the play against possibly the best the Western Conference has to offer.

Esche gave up the one brutal goal, but Auld returned the favor right back. I think Esche tweaked the goirn early in the 2nd period when as he went to cover a rebound a Canuck hooked Esche, and you could see him bend and twist awkwardly, and he never got to the puck. His movement seemed limited after that.

Take the guys we're missing tonight: Gagne, Primeau, Richards, Carter, Pitkanen, Handzus, Stevenson, Brashear, and give them the rest of the Phantoms and Niitty, and that could be a playoff team.

Forsberg even without a point just creates so many chances it's ridiculous. Knuble easily could have had 3 or 4.

KJ's play has been really picking it up of late. Hatcher was very impressive again.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 12:06 AM
  #323
Nuclear
Registered User
 
Nuclear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Just got back fromt he game.

Rarely do i ever walk out not extrenely disappointed after a loss, but I did tonight. With essentially half our team we completely controlled the play against possibly the best the Western Conference has to offer.

Esche gave up the one brutal goal, but Auld returned the favor right back. I think Esche tweaked the goirn early in the 2nd period when as he went to cover a rebound a Canuck hooked Esche, and you could see him bend and twist awkwardly, and he never got to the puck. His movement seemed limited after that.

Take the guys we're missing tonight: Gagne, Primeau, Richards, Carter, Pitkanen, Handzus, Stevenson, Brashear, and give them the rest of the Phantoms and Niitty, and that could be a playoff team.

Forsberg even without a point just creates so many chances it's ridiculous. Knuble easily could have had 3 or 4.

KJ's play has been really picking it up of late. Hatcher was very impressive again.
I was just disappointed after the game, because I knew in my heart if we started Niitty, we would have won. The second I saw Esche was 11/13, I knew we'd lose, no matter how many goals we scored.

Nuclear is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 12:33 AM
  #324
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
I was just disappointed after the game, because I knew in my heart if we started Niitty, we would have won. The second I saw Esche was 11/13, I knew we'd lose, no matter how many goals we scored.
I have confidence in Niitty every game he plays in net. I'm sorry Esche but a team shouldn't have to wince every time a shot gets through to the net. With Niitty I never have that feeling, he'll give up a bad one every now and again but he's always there to pick up his game after it.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
12-16-2005, 12:45 AM
  #325
C-J...*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
*** happend to my post...?

Again, no points for Forsberg, did he have an off-night?

C-J...* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.