HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hmmmm...So where are all....

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2005, 02:05 AM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Hmmmm...So where are all....

the people that wanted Garon traded, or that wanted Labarbera #1? I would just like to say, not gloating or anything, that I did say that Garon would take the ball and run with it, when <sarcasm on> the god, the almighty Labarbera <sarcasm off> went on his family emergency vacation.
So I would just like to know what all those people are thinking now.

Old
12-17-2005, 02:11 AM
ILuvLA

Ok I will bite. I'm a firm believer that you go with the hot glove. Earlier, LaBarbera was the hot glove. Now Garon's the hot glove. KEEP GOING WITH THE HOT GLOVE UNTIL THE HOT ONE BOMBS. That's my theory.

Old
12-17-2005, 03:04 AM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
the people that wanted Garon traded, or that wanted Labarbera #1? I would just like to say, not gloating or anything, that I did say that Garon would take the ball and run with it, when <sarcasm on> the god, the almighty Labarbera <sarcasm off> went on his family emergency vacation.
So I would just like to know what all those people are thinking now.
I'll take the bait as well, I've had some caffeine this evening... I'm sure you're a long-time Kings fan like the rest of us, but this post is barely worthy of page 4 in a GDT. Not only is it bordering on annoyingly self-righteous, but making it into a "new thread" is narcissistic...

Yeah, Garon did indeed steal 2 points for the often-outplayed Kings tonight. He's hot and deserves to start until he cools off. But Labarbera was playing better than Garon only a couple of weeks ago. Don't be too sure of yourself until Garon makes a bit of a run. I hear message board people can be mean. Just ask Joe Corvo's momma.

Old
12-17-2005, 04:18 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

nothing against labarbera, but i think everyone wanted Garon to live up to the hype...but ppl just didnt know what exactly to expect...I would love to see Garon take the #1 spot and run with it

Old
12-17-2005, 04:56 AM
Osprey

Though I've always felt that Garon would prove the slightly better of the two and assume the #1 role in the end, I'll play devil's advocate here. It's far too early to say "I told you so." There's still plenty of time and potential for Garon to slip and LaBarbera to have another day in the sun. I think that there still is a couple a months to go before the team will need a #1 to look to, and anything can still happen. The rest of the season is too long for LaBarbera to never recover and Garon to never have another rough patch.

Old
12-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Kearney

I still say we should trade Garon OR LaBarbera + a prospect for a big power forward who can score.

And then risk riding the other one. Obviously Garon would be the better risk right now but I'd be fairly comfortable with LaBarbera too.

Old
12-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearney
I still say we should trade Garon OR LaBarbera + a prospect for a big power forward who can score.

And then risk riding the other one. Obviously Garon would be the better risk right now but I'd be fairly comfortable with LaBarbera too.
Your post about "riding one or the other" went right out the window for me with your avatar.

12-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Kearney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Your post about "riding one or the other" went right out the window for me with your avatar.
I was just about to change it but I guess I'll leave it for a little while longer or your post will be confusing.

Closed Thread