HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Take the cardboard out of your panties BEFORE you put them under your Levis...

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Take the cardboard out of your panties BEFORE you put them under your Levis...

...they bunch much less frequently.

Losing sucks but who thought we'd win 'em all.

Joe Corvo has played very respectable hockey all season long. Will we hang Matti N. and Luc R. and Tim G. out to dry for taking those stupid penalties and losing us the game last night? The hue and cry for Joey's man-parts would be filling these pages if he'd done the same thing. It's time to recognize Joe's contribution.

Time also for a trade. There are many reasons why we should get it done. We need another Defenseman. We need another tough fast forward preferably with a Euro background. (That's the kind of team we appear to be, Euro). We need to shake the living pie out of some of the slackers, there seems to be way too contented a feeling about the team, from the team. New Jersey, Atlanta, NYR, or Buffalo. The overall chemistry of the team is what needs to change.

I was wrong about Belanger, mea culpa. He has been lights out all season long. The rules have helped but he's got a "want to" that is more evident than we've ever been treated to before. Tip of the hat.

Dustin Brown needs to take Thomas Holstrom lessons. Go to the Video tape. We need to get his butt in front of the net. He has been a real disappointment as far as the offenive part of his game goes. He has hit lotsa guys hard and draws his share of penalties, there needs to be another facet of his game though.

The "Front of the NET". JVB, these are the magic words for the PP.

Sean Avery at this point is the franchise. He has stepped up. And grown up. How hard must it be for him to back so far off his nasty game? Talk about swallowing your pride and doing what's right. His skill and speed and willingness to help the team ever astound me. Offensive player of the first third of the season.

Tim Gleason changes the dynamic of the defense. That extra bite we need. Clone him X6. Never takes a shift off. Needs to shoot more, and not necessarilly rockets, just get 'em on net. His first goal will open the floodgates. Defensive player of the first third.

Goaltending is not a problem. The guys have done very well. Pleasant suprise.

JR is done, get the ketchup. That's what I think 80% of the time I watch him. Then he'll fling a perfect pass or shot and it makes me think he's still knocking the tarnish off his skills. There's still something wrong though. JR, just stop thinking and go on auto-pilot.

Season so far = B. Things will mesh again soon and there will be good times. Dancing in the streets. Could disaster just have peeked around the corner? Yeah, if so it will get worse very quickly. I still think the team is a playoff team.

Change your oil. Hug your children. Merry Christmas! Grogs, Nogs and Toddies for all hands. Here's my wish for a Happy (winning) New Year to all Kings fans.

Old
12-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Sometimes I think guzmania is the only friend I have in this world.

Old
12-15-2005, 12:22 PM
took420s

Avery is certainly a bright spot, man can he fly out there.

We may have a few players that are "done" but I am far from throwing in the towel as some here seem to be.

Old
12-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Game Misconduct

Nice effort guz

Old
12-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Fat Elvis

Close to what I wanted to say but you probably said it better. Our young guys are what makes this team good. Time to build around them and cut the fat. I'd go a little further, in moving guys with trade value for more young studs (JBo). There are teams close that need one more star and can spare that young stud to get there this season.

Old
12-15-2005, 01:27 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Is it just me, or should Gleason also get a little bit of time on the powerplay?

Old
12-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Captain Conservative

Great post, i'm not even a kings fan and I enjoyed that immensely. I was very impressed with your goaltending tonight. Other than that, I don't remember too much. Yesterday was my last day of classes and I indulged in some holiday cheer.

Closed Thread