HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

To all you chicken littles

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2005, 02:44 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
To all you chicken littles

Chill the hell out alright?!? You know, it really is funny how in this board, it takes just one stumble by a player/coach/GM for there to pop up all these dumb @ss threads calling for someone's head. I mean seriously, do all you clowns really think that getting rid of DT or AM is going to solve the problem of our slump?? And why is it that you guys have to wait for someone to stumble before you can post these threads? If you guys could man up to your word, these threads would be valid all year long. But of course, just like cochroaches who come out at night, you guys just feed on people's bad slumps and hide when they're doing fine. You just love shooting blame on whoever you happen to dislike the most, don't you?

About the only person I think we ought to really get rid of is van Boxmeer and that's because that guy has been consistently bad. I really can't think of anyone else... except for maybe Roenick. Gawd that guy is really starting to put on the last straws.

Old
12-15-2005, 03:02 PM
SLang

I don't think the problem is the player personnel.

In my view, the problems are:

1. Guys aren't moving their feet a full 60 minutes per night. They're getting beaten to loose pucks constantly, they're not finishing their hits, and defensively they're getting caught flat-footed.

2. They are not using speed to their advantage getting into the offensive zone, ESPECIALLY on the power play. Team are killing penalties against the Kings as aggressively as they're playing them 5 on 5. That's a SIGNAL to the coaching staff! The dump and chase it good at times. It is not meant for every situation and is VERY easy to scout and adjust against for the opposition. Quit playing every situation exactly the same. It may have worked 5, 10 games into the new season, but teams have figured it out.

3. They are trying to get too fancy. They need to be told they are not a team of Wayne Gretzkys. They need to grind, play physical, bang in the corners and crash the net more.

4. They need to get the puck on net more, and create more traffic. Dirty goals count just as much as picture-perfect goals, and here's a news flash, they occur more often, too. As far as I'm concerned, Avery's goal last night was a thing of beauty, and is the kind of goal THIS team should be getting. SHOOT THE PUCK AND BANG IN THE REBOUND. SIMPLE.

5. They need to have more patience, defensively. Guys are trying to clear the puck when they have more time than they think. This is resulting in stupid turnovers, running around, and goals against.

The team was doing most of these things, if not all of them (except the 60 minute effort which I have seen maybe once this year) back when they were doing well. They have stopped doing most of them now, and they're losing games they'd have won 3 weeks ago.

The common thread above is coaching. To blow up the team and destroy the chemistry amongst player personnel would be crazy, especially since we've seen them play well. Do we need a good PP QB on defense? Yes. A good center or power forward? YES!

If we can't get the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments, getting those key players mentioned above won't do a damn bit of good. So if they don't make the adjustments, I'd rather see a coaching change before ANY player personnel change. But really, I'd rather just see the existing coaching staff MAKE ADJUSTMENTS.

Old
12-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
Chill the hell out alright?!? You know, it really is funny how in this board, it takes just one stumble by a player/coach/GM for there to pop up all these dumb @ss threads calling for someone's head. I mean seriously, do all you clowns really think that getting rid of DT or AM is going to solve the problem of our slump?? And why is it that you guys have to wait for someone to stumble before you can post these threads? If you guys could man up to your word, these threads would be valid all year long. But of course, just like cochroaches who come out at night, you guys just feed on people's bad slumps and hide when they're doing fine. You just love shooting blame on whoever you happen to dislike the most, don't you?

About the only person I think we ought to really get rid of is van Boxmeer and that's because that guy has been consistently bad. I really can't think of anyone else... except for maybe Roenick. Gawd that guy is really starting to put on the last straws.
I guess you told us, feel better about yourself? I think starting the 1st week I wanted changes, too much of what we've seen before. But since these are all dumb arse threads, what does it make this one? Nice rant. Guess this team has success written all over it in your eyes? Keep the status quo huh? Good luck.

Old
12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:

Why is it that you wait for people who create threads like that to put out threads like this? Hmm...chew on that for awhile.

And since we're on the topic (and I'm assuming you're grouping my thread in with the chicken littles) , exactly how long does one wait before broaching the subject?
All of December so far has been dirt for the Kings? Does that not warrant a shakeup...I know you're probably thinking that losing last night caused a knee-jerk reaction thread....and while I admit I wasn't happy about it...I don't view losing to Washington as this huge NHL taboo-they can play well and they've done it to better teams than us. Is the Caps game somewhat of a catalyst for the last few weeks? Yeah...there's a definite possibility.

I'm sick of this play...they've been playing liek losers even when they won and I don't think I'm out of line in wanting a shakeup. If that shakeup happens in a trade, fine. I don't hate Murray and what he's done in LA...however, I am concerned as to whether he can be held acountable for the team's success...better coaches than him have been fired from better teams...is DT willing to do that?

And since you most likely weren't only responding to mine (if at all) let me say that people have a right to be posting many of these threads...its not like the Kings've had a bad week...they've fallin' down the f* cking rabbit hole here....they've shown little if any signs of turning their losing ways around and its very concerning...they're about one more bad week from digging themselves quite a hole and I see nothing wrong with demanding some form of change...

Old
12-15-2005, 04:52 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:

Didn't you mean to post this at letsgoassclowns.com?

The good news about HFBoards is that people actually (for the most part, for the FAR MORE most part than at LGac) talk intelligently about hockey.

Chicken Little? I think not. But, those that thought the team that was 13-6-1 in the first 20 games would sustain itself through a full season... delusional

Old
12-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Jebus
Hey you guys!

Living in France at the moment, I haven't been able to follow the Kings except through the boxscores, streaming video hightlights, and these threads- so I can't really comment on the kings play as a whole. But KPD is right, if you were to form your opinion of their play solely from these threads over the last two weeks (as I have) you would think they were ten games under 500.

Is it really that bad?

Old
12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus
Living in France at the moment, I haven't been able to follow the Kings except through the boxscores, streaming video hightlights, and these threads- so I can't really comment on the kings play as a whole. But KPD is right, if you were to form your opinion of their play solely from these threads over the last two weeks (as I have) you would think they were ten games under 500.

Is it really that bad?

Actually yes, it is...

At times this team has played as bad, if not worse, than ANY time I saw them in the late 70s, mid 80s, etc. Improbably poor special teams, inadequate defense, no spark, no bite...

5-7 since Parros went down, and a couple of those wins were snoozefests (Fla) or misleading.

Old
12-15-2005, 05:19 PM
tc

Send a message via AIM to tc

That link didn't work.

Old
12-15-2005, 05:54 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Extremely reactionary fans that cry bloody murder at the first sign of problems and pat themselves on the back during the first extended winning streak on a message board? The hell you say!?

12-15-2005, 06:15 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I don't know why he'd post this message on a site dedicated to the Ducks. They would actually be happy with the play of the Kings.

Old
12-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Osprey

Quote:
If you guys could man up to your word, these threads would be valid all year long. But of course, just like cochroaches who come out at night, you guys just feed on people's bad slumps and hide when they're doing fine.
Some of us have been complaining about this stuff for years, and many of the rest are coming around, themselves. Don't be so offended that their patience has run out. Just be proud that you have a greater capacity for acceptance of mediocrity than most

Old
12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
The answer - this is a message board...people post their thoughts on their team and then others share their opinions. It is obvious that there is something wrong with losing to the worst team in the league at home...maybe that is why these type of threads pop up. If your looking for a magical message board that only has bright and shiny comments about the Kings then maybe this isnt the place for you.

Old
12-15-2005, 07:02 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Some of us have been complaining about this stuff for years, and many of the rest are coming around, themselves. Don't be so offended that their patience has run out. Just be proud that you have a greater capacity for acceptance of mediocrity than most
Yes, many of us have been pointing out the deficiencies for years. I'm amused that most of the "be patient, have faith" crowd hasn't been around long.

Nothing will change until the fans demand results - not excuses.

Old
12-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Game Misconduct

While everyone is entitled to their views, I respectfully am asking everyone not to use this forum to bash LGK. Do it somewhere else if you must.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
Yes, many of us have been pointing out the deficiencies for years. I'm amused that most of the "be patient, have faith" crowd hasn't been around long.
I am even more amused that you have 25 posts in 15 days this month when the team is in a slump. But when the team was doing well, you have 25 posts from 10/10-11/29.

Old
12-15-2005, 09:51 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I am even more amused that you have 25 posts in 15 days this month when the team is in a slump. But when the team was doing well, you have 25 posts from 10/10-11/29.
Zing!

Old
12-15-2005, 11:13 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
When the team was doing well, I was

1) Coaching my daughter's soccer team - 3 practices and 1-2 games a week since early September until the playoffs ended on 11/19

2) Arthroscopic knee surgery on October 20

3) A 5 day vacation without internet access from 11/23 - 11/27

I'm surprised I got as many posts as I did

Old
12-15-2005, 11:14 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer
Zing!
!gniZ

(just to blow up my post count ever further )

Old
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
When the team was doing well, I was

1) Coaching my daughter's soccer team - 3 practices and 1-2 games a week since early September until the playoffs ended on 11/19

3) A 5 day vacation without internet access from 11/23 - 11/27

I'm surprised I got as many posts as I did
I'd beleive you but...

You had time to post 91 times on another messageboard between 10/10-11/29

ZING

Last edited by Old Hickory: 12-16-2005 at 02:29 PM.

Old
12-16-2005, 03:06 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
You had time to post 91 times on another messageboard between 10/10-11/29
Link?

Old
12-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
Link?
It is against the terms of service of HF to do that. Go count them.

Here is a hint, you are on there right now.

And for perspective reasons, you only have 7 posts over there this month.

Old
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
morrow1005

Send a message via AIM to morrow1005 Send a message via Yahoo to morrow1005
[QUOTE=PSP]

QUOTE]
ive had my knee scoped twice and i was still able to get up and go to the computer and do stuff on the next day. yeah i was on crutches for about 3 weeks but it doesnt stop you from doing anything except drive and obvious stuff.

Old
12-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow1005
ive had my knee scoped twice and i was still able to get up and go to the computer and do stuff on the next day. yeah i was on crutches for about 3 weeks but it doesnt stop you from doing anything except drive and obvious stuff.
And the ZING!'s just keep on coming folks!

Old
12-16-2005, 03:33 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
It is against the terms of service of HF to do that. Go count them.

Here is a hint, you are on there right now.

And for perspective reasons, you only have 7 posts over there this month.
I have more than 7 posts this month at FerrariChat, don't I?

Old
12-16-2005, 03:36 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

....and what if the sky really IS falling?

Closed Thread