HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

To all you chicken littles

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2005, 06:03 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
....and what if the sky really IS falling?
It'll put us all out of our misery.

Let's all go stand outside.

- T

Old
12-31-2005, 12:53 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

k, now I am not normally one for posting threads or posts based on the current condition of our team or a person who says "I told you so", but the reason for this post is to illustrate a point. At the time of the creation of this thread, all you people were shouting for someone, anyone's head and for what reason? Just because we were in a slump?!? I really don't understand how you people can be so easily moved just by a small collection of games that didn't go well for us.

Supposed we listened to the majority of hte board at the time and we had gotten rid of AM, we would have naturally picked it up and gotten out of the slump just like we did when we kept AM. And I'm betting you would have put credit to it as a self fulfilling prophecy when it was going to happen naturally regardless of the moves made. Anyways, after getting roasted by half of you fickle posters, this is all my point has always been. So ease up next time we get into a slump, it isn't the world until we get knocked out mathematically out of the playoffs

Old
12-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
k, now I am not normally one for posting threads or posts based on the current condition of our team or a person who says "I told you so", but the reason for this post is to illustrate a point. At the time of the creation of this thread, all you people were shouting for someone, anyone's head and for what reason? Just because we were in a slump?!? I really don't understand how you people can be so easily moved just by a small collection of games that didn't go well for us.

Supposed we listened to the majority of hte board at the time and we had gotten rid of AM, we would have naturally picked it up and gotten out of the slump just like we did when we kept AM. And I'm betting you would have put credit to it as a self fulfilling prophecy when it was going to happen naturally regardless of the moves made. Anyways, after getting roasted by half of you fickle posters, this is all my point has always been. So ease up next time we get into a slump, it isn't the world until we get knocked out mathematically out of the playoffs
Not to be negative or anything.....but the problems that the Kings had while they were in their "slump" have not gone away and still can lead to the Kings missing the playoffs.

Even though the Kings have scored some PP goals lately the overall look of it has not improved much. The Kings have a hard time gaining the zone and continuosly pass the puck when there are good scoring opportunities available.

Andy Murray's coaching decisions are still questionable to say the least. Like putting Dempsey back on the ice right after he blows a play that leads to a goal. Why would any coach reward a player for making a stupid mistake?

In my opinion the main reason that the Kings have been winning more games as of late is because they are scoring more. During the "slump" the Kings were barely able to score 2 goals a game. The GAA is the same now as it was during the slump so the defense is not any better than it was back then either.

The best thing that could have happened to the Kings in the past 2 weeks is the emergence of Cammalleri. When all the other teams had to shut down the Frolov - Conroy - Demitra line the Kings offense became almost non-existent. Now that the Kings have a legitamate second scoring threat teams can't focus all of their defensive efforts on the Kings first line.

IMO most of the concerns that we had for the team back then still exist, and some of them still need to be addressed if the Kings want to be considered a serious contender in the playoffs.

Old
12-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
The best thing that could have happened to the Kings in the past 2 weeks is the emergence of Cammalleri. When all the other teams had to shut down the Frolov - Conroy - Demitra line the Kings offense became almost non-existent. Now that the Kings have a legitamate second scoring threat teams can't focus all of their defensive efforts on the Kings first line.
I was about to say the same thing. The rebound from the slump coincided precisely with Cammalleri's hot streak (Kings win 6 of 7, Cammalleri with 7 goals in 7 games). You take him away and the last seven games would've turned out worse. As our porous friend pointed out, the Kings still have the same problems that they had before. A little thing like Cammalleri cooling off or the PP returning to form could very easily tip the scales again.

Closed Thread